Help Cotsarelis!

We wait for something to happen, but we don’t nothing to quicken the events. The Cotsarelis’s finding about wounds and Wnt is sensational and also easy to apply. The question is always the same: dollars, dollars, dollars!!! Why we don’t help Follica Inc. with our money? Could be sufficient contact Follica and open a website to collect funds: everybody can pay ten dollars (max). So we will quicken the time of realization of the “our dream”. So we will draw media’s attention to baldness question and the hope to resolve the problem would become most near!

» We wait for something to happen, but we don’t nothing to quicken the
» events. The Cotsarelis’s finding about wounds and Wnt is sensational and
» also easy to apply. The question is always the same: dollars, dollars,
» dollars!!! Why we don’t help Follica Inc. with our money? Could be
» sufficient contact Follica and open a website to collect funds: everybody
» can pay ten dollars (max). So we will quicken the time of realization of
» the “our dream”. So we will draw media’s attention to baldness question
» and the hope to resolve the problem would become most near!

bad the idea for funding!

The Cotsarelis’s finding ON MICE (without MPB) about wounds and Wnt is NOT sensational and also DIFFICULT (wounds?!!!??) and FAR to be applyed on HUMAN!!

Soon Baldness Could Be A Thing Of The Past

http://www.manticeye.com/article.php?id=1142_0_2_0_C

I don’t think as you!!!

» Soon Baldness Could Be A Thing Of The Past
»
» http://www.manticeye.com/article.php?id=1142_0_2_0_C
»
» I don’t think as you!!!

Dude, it’s not dollars, it’s the FDA. You can put a billion dollars into it and the FDA will still want clinical trials just like for HM. That will take years.

Also, this is not as simple as it seems. When you say “easy to apply”, what do you mean? Easy for YOU to apply? Then why don’t you go ahead and do it yourself?

The fact is that HM is just as easy to apply by a qualified company and doctors.

The WNT/wounding thing is NOT producing fully-formed follicles, it’s producing dermal cysts and partially-formed proto-follilces. Read the abstract!

»
» The Cotsarelis’s finding ON MICE (without MPB) about wounds and Wnt is NOT
» sensational and also DIFFICULT (wounds?!!!??) and FAR to be applyed on
» HUMAN!!

Pat, you’re exactly right. “Wounds” are NOT “easy to apply”. I’m telling you, this is Dr. Cotsarelis’ hype machine at work. This is a long, long, long way from a baldness cure.

Has anyone actually seen PHOTOS of what the so-called “hairs” look like? They are not really hairs; they’re dermal cysts, partially-formed proto-hairs, etc. NOT COSMETICALLY ACCEPTABLE HAIRS!!!

People here are getting over-excited about this because it seems like an ultra-simple solution that will cost them very little compared with HM.

The truth is, this is not a solution at all!

»
» The WNT/wounding thing is NOT producing fully-formed follicles, it’s
» producing dermal cysts and partially-formed proto-follilces. Read the
» abstract!

The verbiage above…is the problem so far with Stenn and Costarialis find. They need to get a couple of volunteers with vertex bald spots, try their wounding and Wnt-protien solution, and see what happens.

If results can be generated on humans and not mice that are cosmetically exciting, then Daphne Zohar will raise plenty of money for further research.

I have a sinking feeling that this mouse discovery might be used to hype Follica in order to generate alot of research money for that company, and then, VA-VOOM…the company dissolves or puts its money into skin-procedures and announces that hair research isn’t yielding the results that were hoped for, etc.

I do hope a guy or two tries this, especially a guy with a vertex bald spot. Hell, five or six little holes, some lithium chloride…questions could be answered by us ourselves.

We seem so close to something from ICX, its kind of moot do consider much of anything else over the next few months anyway.

What is probably most exciting about the wnt/wounding find is the faint hope that we ourselves could do something at home. Men are independent, and dont like to have to have assistance in anyway. Men are proud, and its hard to admit we have a problem (our hair wants to go, and we have to use treatments or drugs to keep it, thus making us “dependent”----and we hate being dependent as proud men), that we cant fix ourselves. All of this is understandable.

To me, the onus of proof is on Follica. They opened the can of worms…they should be eager to translate mice results into satisfying human results. Even if they can, they still have a problem. There is a lack of a proprietary step in all this. We have substances that can up wnt-signalling, and we can wound our head ourselves with home dermabrasion kits, needling, etc. So even if it did work great…they might have a hard time from keeing people from undergrounding the product anyway.

Very well said, benji. I agree with everything you said 100%.

You’re absolutely right about the notion that “men are independent” and “men are proud”. I think this “discovery” appeals to a lot of people here for just those reasons, if you scratch the surface. It gets them thinking that there’s a simple, silver-bullet solution to MPB that they might even be able to administer themselves, at home. They think it’s as easy as 1-2-3.

And you’re right that the only way this can really be proven is to test it on humans.