Heliboy

I am not very certain that you will get to answer my question, seeing that you dont frequent the forums much. Basically ive been wondering about something, you have had 19000 BHT grafts placed on your scalp,how many strands of hair did you have per follicle? 1, 2, 3, or a combination of each? I seem to have body hair thats 3 hairs per follicle, no i am not an ape (regardless the nickname here), but where i do have hair, its thick and 2 and 3 hair per follicle.I am not rushing out to have a BHT procedure but since HM looks less promising then rogaine, i gotta start thinking of all other means available to me. Anyways if your body hair was mostly 1 hair per follicle, and you received 19000 grafts, and if i have 3 hair per follicle, would my procedure of 6000 grafts somewhat equal yours in density? This question is for anyone, including the doctors that come here.

btw i am very aware of the uncertainties surrounding bht procedures

ApeSmith
Good questions. You definitely have the right idea about body hair transplants. As you mentioned there are many sites on the body where 2 and 3 follicle grafts can be found in higher numbers just as there are many places where single hair grafts make up the majority of the count. Single hair grafts work well in the hairline area to soften it but really do not work well to provide the greatest amount of filler effect that BHT offers. The transplant surgeon will most often take the single hair grafts and transplant them together (grouping effect) in the same recipient site to create a 2-3 hair growth site. Dr Umar actually did this on me throughout my scalp using the single hair grafts. So I did have 17,000 BHT grafts transplanted but they were not all into seperate recipient sites using single hair grafts - many of these were grouped in 2-3’s to provide the maximum potential ‘filler’ effect.
I cant say that my 17,000 BHT grafts are equal to your 6500 grafts because there are alot of variables that play into that. The characteristics of individuals body hair can vary tremendously . I also had 2 and 3 hair grafts taken from my body hair (I dont know the exact numbers off hand) so all of my grafts were not single hair grafts. .

The need for grouping the single hair grafts is a large part of why the much larger numbers are needed with BHT versus scalp hair grafts- aside from the various aspects of cell cycle growth of bht-versus scalp .

Alot has been learned over the past several years about BHT growth . The rule of thumb is the look and density of your body hair as seen on the body is what you can expect to see when transplanted. I think many expect too much from BHT in terms of further legnth when transplanted -in some cases this happens but as a rule of thumb expect what you see from the areas taken on the body.

Thanks for writing

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar

» ApeSmith
» Good questions. You definitely have the right idea about body hair
» transplants. As you mentioned there are many sites on the body where 2 and
» 3 follicle grafts can be found in higher numbers just as there are many
» places where single hair grafts make up the majority of the count. Single
» hair grafts work well in the hairline area to soften it but really do not
» work well to provide the greatest amount of filler effect that BHT offers.
» The transplant surgeon will most often take the single hair grafts and
» transplant them together (grouping effect) in the same recipient site to
» create a 2-3 hair growth site. Dr Umar actually did this on me throughout
» my scalp using the single hair grafts. So I did have 17,000 BHT grafts
» transplanted but they were not all into seperate recipient sites using
» single hair grafts - many of these were grouped in 2-3’s to provide the
» maximum potential ‘filler’ effect.
» I cant say that my 17,000 BHT grafts are equal to your 6500 grafts because
» there are alot of variables that play into that. The characteristics of
» individuals body hair can vary tremendously . I also had 2 and 3 hair
» grafts taken from my body hair (I dont know the exact numbers off hand) so
» all of my grafts were not single hair grafts. .
»
» The need for grouping the single hair grafts is a large part of why the
» much larger numbers are needed with BHT versus scalp hair grafts- aside
» from the various aspects of cell cycle growth of bht-versus scalp .
»
» Alot has been learned over the past several years about BHT growth . The
» rule of thumb is the look and density of your body hair as seen on the
» body is what you can expect to see when transplanted. I think many expect
» too much from BHT in terms of further legnth when transplanted -in some
» cases this happens but as a rule of thumb expect what you see from the
» areas taken on the body.
»
» Thanks for writing
»
» 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar

Heliboy, I’m thinking of getting work done with Dr. Umar this year. How much BHT will he do if I can save up around ten grand??

Dave21,
You will need to contact Dr Umar’s office or him directly for specifics on this question.

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar

» Dave21,
» You will need to contact Dr Umar’s office or him directly for specifics on
» this question.
»
» 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar

Thanks Heliboy!