HanginInThere - Your advise wanted - I\'m going natural!

HanginInThere - I really need your advise.

I’ve been on Propecia for 20 months.I think I may of had slight side effects,so I’ve decided to go natural.

I’ve read most of your post regarding this.I’ve put in an order from vitacost.com,as these seem to be the ones that stock most of it.I’m in the Uk,I tried to source it in the Uk,but couldn’t find it all.

I expect it to be with me within the week or so.What I’ve ordered is Country Life Biochem Saw Palmetto & Pygeum Extract,Country Life Maxi-hair Maximized,Nature’s way Nettle Herbs and Source Naturals Beta Sitosterol Mega Strengh-375mg (I’m not sure if this last ones the right thing-please advise).

The advise I require is how much I’m supposed to use of each,daily and whats the product actually doing.

I don’t seem able to get hold of Kal Amino Max …Chelated Multi Mineral - do I need this.

Also do I need to be using 2% Nizoral Cream Topically Nightly,bearing in mind I don’t shampoo hair,I just use Head Lube moisture lotion on head after shaving,I shave my head every day,except occassionally when I miss a day.

I know I shave my hair off,but I do like the shadow effect of what hair I do have left.

I appreciate your advise.

Thanks in advance.

Further to my earlier post are the following product any good

Red Sterol Complex - Beta Sitosterol - 30 vegicaps

See link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Red-Sterol-Complex-Beta-Sitosterol-30-vegicaps_W0QQitemZ220140485164QQihZ012QQcategoryZ19262QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Phytosterol Complex with Beta-sitosterol- 240 Tablets

See link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phytosterol-Complex-with-Beta-sitosterol-240-Tablets_W0QQitemZ150114390436QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11776QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Both of these are availabe off ebay UK,which would make it easy to get hold of.Advise required.

» HanginInThere - I really need your advise.
»
» I’ve been on Propecia for 20 months.I think I may of had slight side
» effects,so I’ve decided to go natural.
»
» I’ve read most of your post regarding this.I’ve put in an order from
» vitacost.com,as these seem to be the ones that stock most of it.I’m in the
» Uk,I tried to source it in the Uk,but couldn’t find it all.
»
» I expect it to be with me within the week or so.What I’ve ordered is
» Country Life Biochem Saw Palmetto & Pygeum Extract,Country Life Maxi-hair
» Maximized,Nature’s way Nettle Herbs and Source Naturals Beta Sitosterol
» Mega Strengh-375mg (I’m not sure if this last ones the right thing-please
» advise).
»
» The advise I require is how much I’m supposed to use of each,daily and
» whats the product actually doing.
»
» I don’t seem able to get hold of Kal Amino Max …Chelated Multi Mineral -
» do I need this.
»
» Also do I need to be using 2% Nizoral Cream Topically Nightly,bearing in
» mind I don’t shampoo hair,I just use Head Lube moisture lotion on head
» after shaving,I shave my head every day,except occassionally when I miss a
» day.
»
» I know I shave my hair off,but I do like the shadow effect of what hair I
» do have left.
»
» I appreciate your advise.
»
» Thanks in advance.

kal amino max is just a cost effective chelated multi mineral, shop around for a different brand
your beta sitosterol dosage is too high in my opinion, well i took it at that dosage and had a lot of itching, downed it to 125 and it went away, if you get high itching remember that

might be adviseable to just start with the maxi hair, saw palmetto pygeum and nettles see if that works, oh and the mineral

beta sitosterol is extremely powerful u should take a low dose to see how u handle it, but I would hold off on the beta sis for a few months, to see if u respond to the naturals

my first thing i saw was my daily fallout dropped within two weeks from 300 hairs per day down to like 20, some guys do not have high fallout though

it took me about a year to really notice a thickening but every year since 1999 my hair has done better

however many guys do not respond to the naturals so just keep your fingers crossed

also the side effects seem to be not a problem with the naturals, they happen but very rarely

propecia for example has been shown to reduce serum blood levels of DHT , and u really do not want to do that, to me thats the reason for the side effects, perhaps

Studies on Saw Palmetto have shown it does not reduce serum DHT levels

Baldie 42 i understand your wish to go natural, but be very cautious. After 3 1/2 years on 2.5mg of finasteride, I decided to lower my dosage to 2mg (so, only 0.5mg off). I was shedding an average 100 hairs a day 2 months ago (which is a low count in my case, it even means I gain hair). I am now shedding 400 hairs a day, roughly 8 - 10 more hairs everyday. And nettle root seems either slow or helpless in stopping this. So, don’t drop propecia altogether. Taper it down over a 3 or 6 month period while tapering up the natural.

» Baldie 42 i understand your wish to go natural, but be very cautious.
» After 3 1/2 years on 2.5mg of finasteride, I decided to lower my dosage
» to 2mg (so, only 0.5mg off). I was shedding an average 100 hairs a day 2
» months ago (which is a low count in my case, it even means I gain hair). I
» am now shedding 400 hairs a day, roughly 8 - 10 more hairs everyday. And
» nettle root seems either slow or helpless in stopping this. So, don’t drop
» propecia altogether. Taper it down over a 3 or 6 month period while
» tapering up the natural.

Thanks for advise.I’m listening,all advise is welcome.

Before I went on Propecia I was not losing much hair.I’ve been losing hair on and off for 26 years since I was 17.I’m what I’d call a thinning NW3-4,but I did have a motor accident,which ended with me having a scar just past hairline at the front and losing a patch of hair,it never grew back much until I started using propecia.I then had a bit more growth,not much,but a bit.This is the bit I’m scared of losing more than anything else.

I’m getting use to the shaved head look now.I get told it suits me,but that does not mean I want a total bald look with no shadow of hair.So yes I will be cautious.

I’m already thinking of tapering it in.

Thanks
BALDIE42

» » Baldie 42 i understand your wish to go natural, but be very cautious.
» » After 3 1/2 years on 2.5mg of finasteride, I decided to lower my
» dosage
» » to 2mg (so, only 0.5mg off). I was shedding an average 100 hairs a day
» » months ago (which is a low count in my case, it even means I gain hair).
» I
» » am now shedding 400 hairs a day, roughly 8 - 10 more hairs everyday.
» And
» » nettle root seems either slow or helpless in stopping this. So, don’t
» drop
» » propecia altogether. Taper it down over a 3 or 6 month period while
» » tapering up the natural.
»
» Thanks for advise.I’m listening,all advise is welcome.
»
» Before I went on Propecia I was not losing much hair.I’ve been losing hair
» on and off for 26 years since I was 17.I’m what I’d call a thinning
» NW3-4,but I did have a motor accident,which ended with me having a scar
» just past hairline at the front and losing a patch of hair,it never grew
» back much until I started using propecia.I then had a bit more growth,not
» much,but a bit.This is the bit I’m scared of losing more than anything
» else.
»
» I’m getting use to the shaved head look now.I get told it suits me,but
» that does not mean I want a total bald look with no shadow of hair.So yes
» I will be cautious.
»
» I’m already thinking of tapering it in.
»
» Thanks
» BALDIE42

yes listen to his advice, I have a lot of experience with the naturals but remember, I was never on Propecia, I started with the naturals from Day one

so there may be strange things that happen when you stop the propecia, or perhaps the mechanisms of prop conflict with the naturals,

I would say that If I did it, I would STOP the prop and go on the naturals for a few months and watch what happens, but that is just me, this is pure speculation

but my guess is , it is not good to use propecia and the naturals at the same time, and this brm seems to be an example of that

i think it is better to just stick with one and make a choice, if the hair does worse u can always switch back