»
» http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/7/prweb543043.htm

I agree.

» » Dr. Kingsley is an idiot.
» »
» » http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/7/prweb543043.htm
»
» I agree.

I Agree with Kingsley. Just imagine you would be a girl in your twenties with thinning hair. I know it is quite rare, But I know one. And that must be tough.

I agree with debris. Hair loss may be a real crotch-kicker for men, it would be much worse for women, who are perceived to never lose their hair.

n/t

» n/t

» » n/t

» » » n/t

» » » » n/t

» I agree with debris. Hair loss may be a real crotch-kicker for men, it
» would be much worse for women, who are perceived to never lose their hair.

What’s the use.

I could explain it to you, but I couldn’t understand it for you.

No wonder we still have no good treatments for hair loss.

It’s just not that important.

By the way, how is it that women are percieved to never lose their hair–could it be they can wear wigs and falls and get away with it,

Because women do so many artificial things to their real hair, that unnatural looking hair on women is not jarring in appearance.

Plus, a woman also has many options available to prevent the weather, etc., from disturbing the illusion of hair that a wig or fall creates.

» I agree with debris. Hair loss may be a real crotch-kicker for men, it
» would be much worse for women, who are perceived to never lose their hair.

Damn JT… crotch kickn must really hurt…

» » I agree with debris. Hair loss may be a real crotch-kicker for men, it
» » would be much worse for women, who are perceived to never lose their
» hair.
»
» Damn JT… crotch kickn must really hurt…

Yes sir, it does not feel good. :frowning:

“I could explain it to you, but I couldn’t understand it for you.”

Say what??? Any rational person would agree that it is much less socially acceptable for a woman (a younger woman who would never wear a wig) to lose her hair than for a guy to lose his.

» Dr. Kingsley is an idiot.
»
» http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/7/prweb543043.htm

an idiot why?
he is just observing hair loss problems in women

at least he is also acutely aware of nutritional causes ,

» » Dr. Kingsley is an idiot.
» »
» » http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/7/prweb543043.htm
»
» an idiot why?
» he is just observing hair loss problems in women
»
» at least he is also acutely aware of nutritional causes ,

I don’t think he’s an idiot. But he does kind of come across the wrong way. Hair loss is not a bigger problem for women than men. It affects both sexes and it can be difficult to deal with regardless of gender. He does offer some information about the causes of women’s hair loss, but when you click the link to find out more, its just a sales pitch for his product.

It can be complex to find the causes of hair loss in women. It could be nutrition, hormonal imbalances, stress, genetic, due to hair styling, auto-immune, etc. It would have been nice to see more information offered.

» I don’t think he’s an idiot. But he does kind of come across the wrong
» way. Hair loss is not a bigger problem for women than men. It affects
» both sexes and it can be difficult to deal with regardless of gender. He
» does offer some information about the causes of women’s hair loss, but
» when you click the link to find out more, its just a sales pitch for his
» product.
»
» It can be complex to find the causes of hair loss in women. It could be
» nutrition, hormonal imbalances, stress, genetic, due to hair styling,
» auto-immune, etc. It would have been nice to see more information
» offered.

Losing Hair is not healthy for either gender, MPB has been around for longer time and more socially accepted. otoh, hairloss for women is quite new and less socially accepted and some jerks like Dr. whatever thinks hairloss is more devastating for women than men. well he is dead wrong. Any guy with MBP would agree his life changed for the worse socially, mentally, emtionally and even financially.

I have counseled many, many women over the years who have MPB or other forms of alopecia.

Although I agree that hairloss can be devastating to both sexes, society as a whole expects to see some men with hairloss, but we don’t see it as often with women, subsequently some of us tend to focus or stare more at females with hairloss than males. This can be a devastating factor for women when others not only notice, but stare. We simply are not used to seeing as many women with hairloss as men so it tends to catch one’s eye moreso.

Some of you may remember a segment on Dateline awhile back about a young girl who sustained extensive hairloss as a result of abuse from her mother’s boyfriend. It was so bad that her schoolmates teased her endlessly and they were extremely cruel to her. They would rip her wig off on the schoolbus and throw it around so she could not get it back. Obviously this is an isolated incident, but still, can anyone imagine how this young girl felt?

On the plus side, women can potentially hide their hairloss better than men relative to hair styling, clips, attachments, including hair systems which are less detectable on women than men. There’s probably far more women in hair systems than we will ever know.

I think there are very few docs that truly understand the psychological impact that hairloss can have on anyone.

» Say what??? Any rational person would agree that it is much less socially
» acceptable for a woman (a younger woman who would never wear a wig) to
» lose her hair than for a guy to lose his.

Let’s see–if a guy attempts to do something about his hairloss, he risks ridicule.

But if a woman attempts it and is discovered, people are sympathetic.

Therefore, hairloss is harder on men because society purposely wants men to suffer.

And society stifles anyone who would dare suggest hairloss on men is serious (which is why it’s taken so long for business to even begin throwing a little serious money at a cure).

Do you know when the AMA allowed a doctor to botch my transplants (and those of countless others) . . .

I called several lawyers–no one would take my case.

One lawayer even said that juries are unsympathetic to men who try to fix their baldness.

So unhindered by law and with the approval of the AMA, that doctor has ruined any chance hundreds, possibly thousands, of men might have had of getting decent transplants in the decades since he botched me.

The reason you think it’s worse for women, is because society gives you permission to think so.

Well pal, maybe you swallow the cultural Kook-aid, but I go my own way, form my own opinions.

When society runs contrary to my solid good sense, then I become a society of me, myself, and I.

» I have counseled many, many women over the years who have MPB or other
» forms of alopecia.
»
» Although I agree that hairloss can be devastating to both sexes, society
» as a whole expects to see some men with hairloss, but we don’t see it as
» often with women, subsequently some of us tend to focus or stare more at
» females with hairloss than males. This can be a devastating factor for
» women when others not only notice, but stare. We simply are not used to
» seeing as many women with hairloss as men so it tends to catch one’s eye
» moreso.
»
» Some of you may remember a segment on Dateline awhile back about a young
» girl who sustained extensive hairloss as a result of abuse from her
» mother’s boyfriend. It was so bad that her schoolmates teased her
» endlessly and they were extremely cruel to her. They would rip her wig
» off on the schoolbus and throw it around so she could not get it back.
» Obviously this is an isolated incident, but still, can anyone imagine how
» this young girl felt?
»
» On the plus side, women can potentially hide their hairloss better than
» men relative to hair styling, clips, attachments, including hair systems
» which are less detectable on women than men. There’s probably far more
» women in hair systems than we will ever know.
»
» I think there are very few docs that truly understand the psychological
» impact that hairloss can have on anyone.