» not many…
»
» the transplant board are perhaps some of the most misinformed misguided
» guys on the hairsite, especially regarding saving what they have
»
» of course if you were more open minded about saving your hair, you might
» have been able to have saved it before it all fell out and you needed a
» transplant…so I dont expect you guys to listen. Perhaps some are
» open minded though, enough to listen to the voice of experience.
»
»
»
Well congratulations then. You stopped eating at McDonald’s and all your hair grew back. I’m sure there is a lot of science to back this theory up. After all, all our ancestral makeup points to vegetarianism. Although my question really is pertaining to your constant posts on the hair transplant forum. Why? You don’t believe in it and you have already stated your job is not to help anybody so why the constant posts to us “losers” who have already lost our hair for which a transplant is the only option?

hey genius, what the hell do you think or ancestors were eating everday. from the cavemen to today people eat meat with everymeal, this is what I mean about stupid posts.

» Hangin,
» I want to say that I am inspired with your dedication on the education of
» nutrition with male pattern baldness.
»
» I am confused though about one of your pieces of advise regarding daily
» intake of protein. You stated that 30mg of animal protein should not be
» exceeded. Did you mean 30gm ? There is a big difference between a mg and a
» gm.
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1438
»
» I’ve always heard that the average daily intake should be in the range of
»
» 0.5 gm/kg - 1gm/kg per day depending on your activity level.
»
» Your comments are appreciated.
»
» 17,000 Actively Growing BHT by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

I’m sure that was just a typo.

» hey genius, what the hell do you think or ancestors were eating everday.
» from the cavemen to today people eat meat with everymeal, this is what I
» mean about stupid posts.

Meat is a good source of aminos - but like everything its best in moderation. Meat in excess can stress the body.

Regards
Pete

» » hey genius, what the hell do you think or ancestors were eating everday.
» » from the cavemen to today people eat meat with everymeal, this is what
» I
» » mean about stupid posts.
»
»
» Meat is a good source of aminos - but like everything its best in
» moderation. Meat in excess can stress the body.
»
»
» Regards
» Pete

Is there anything out there that is good “not in moderation”. Just curious.

Hanging, I am sure there is a relationship between diet and our hair. But diet is not the main reason why we are losing our hair otherwise we can all have our hair back by changing our diets. I wish it was that simple.

» » Alright, alright, its OK. Stress can cause hair loss too.
» »
»
» Do you suffer from hairloss?
»
» I dont see many women on these forums.
»
» Regards
» Pete

Hair loss in women is difficult to treat. It can be due to so many things. Sometimes, the doctors are at a loss because there is not enough research available.

My family has bad genetics and endocrine problems. I have better genetics because I started out with thicker hair (thanks, dad), but I did run into endocrine problems. My hair was falling out by the handful for a while, but we were able to catch it early. I don’t think I will get as thin my mom, grand mother, aunts, etc.

Currently, I have nice, thick hair, and the loss has stopped. But, if I have a change in my diet, sleep, or stress levels, my hair falls out again.:frowning:

yes 30gm

based on 25 yrs of trial and error i would say the one gram per kilo is inaccurate and may be talking about all types of protein not animal protein, going by your theory a 100kilo man would eat 100 gms of animal protein per day, no no no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much…

red meat is ok just a few times a week though, and daily 30 gms of animal protein is not hard to acoompllish its more of an asian diet though, lots of veggies and dont overload on the meat

just dont sit down and eat a 1lb steak every day, that will kill your hair

however the uric acid produced in the blood by excess animal protein, is bad not just for your hair, so its a good idea to avoid that much in your diet in general

honestly it has a lot less effect on my hair now than before i added the dht blockers, with my current regimen i can pretty much eat what I want however,
if i stopped the snacks I know my hair would look even better

» Hangin,
» I want to say that I am inspired with your dedication on the education of
» nutrition with male pattern baldness.
»
» I am confused though about one of your pieces of advise regarding daily
» intake of protein. You stated that 30mg of animal protein should not be
» exceeded. Did you mean 30gm ? There is a big difference between a mg and a
» gm.
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1438
»
» I’ve always heard that the average daily intake should be in the range of
»
» 0.5 gm/kg - 1gm/kg per day depending on your activity level.
»
» Your comments are appreciated.
»
» 17,000 Actively Growing BHT by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

Dont be so sure that diet is not a much more major factor than you think

My theory is that when the hair follicles blood supply is miniaturized by the accumulation of DHT , the hair follicle death is accelerated by the decrease in the blood supply because of the resulting decrease in the supply of nutrients from smaller or constricted blood vessels. Thus at this point diet is way more important than it was before for guys that are losing their hair, and we need a big excess of nutrients in our blood stream in order to make sure our hair is getting enough. Personally i feel it is extremely difficult to get all the nutrients you need by diet alone and thats why i take the supplments. 2000mcg of biotin per day, is difficult to get by diet alone, but your hair really needs this

how do I know this? 25 yrs of trial and error and watching how my hair reacts

» Hanging, I am sure there is a relationship between diet and our hair. But
» diet is not the main reason why we are losing our hair otherwise we can
» all have our hair back by changing our diets. I wish it was that simple.

Show me some before and after photos of people who regrew their hair by changing what they eat. There is none.

» Show me some before and after photos of people who regrew their hair by
» changing what they eat. There is none.

changing what you eat is not enough but its part of the picture, you also need a super hair vitamin and mineral …also Horsetail and MSM dont hurt either

im not saying simply changing your diet will regrow all your hair
im saying that diet and nutrients are a critical part of healthy hair, and vice versa bad diet can devastate your hair,

if you already have DHT accumulation and hereditary MPB and you dont help your hair out with the best diet possible and some good hair nutrients in supplment form, the MPB you are experiencing with be accelerated rapidly

My hair on the sides back and front top looks like it did 20 yrs ago and this is with no transplant…if i stopped my hair supplments , within 2 yrs i would be bald, they are that important

are you supplementing with a super hair vitamin like Maxi hair or Ultra Hair, how about MSM, and Horsetail. and a good mineral

If not you would be shocked at the difference

» » » Alright, alright, its OK. Stress can cause hair loss too.
» » »
» »
» » Do you suffer from hairloss?
» »
» » I dont see many women on these forums.
» »
» » Regards
» » Pete
»
» Hair loss in women is difficult to treat. It can be due to so many
» things. Sometimes, the doctors are at a loss because there is not enough
» research available.
»
» My family has bad genetics and endocrine problems. I have better genetics
» because I started out with thicker hair (thanks, dad), but I did run into
» endocrine problems. My hair was falling out by the handful for a while,
» but we were able to catch it early. I don’t think I will get as thin my
» mom, grand mother, aunts, etc.
»
» Currently, I have nice, thick hair, and the loss has stopped. But, if I
» have a change in my diet, sleep, or stress levels, my hair falls out
» again.:frowning:

The only way to know for sure if diet will change your hair is to try it. It can’t hurt.

Hang ups,

Red meat is good for you and your hair. We benefit from the vitamins and minerals that meat provides in abundance. Eating meat several times a week does not cause MPB; nor does drinking a glass of milk everyday.

One would do well to obtain vitamins and minerals from his/her diet, rather than from cheap hair pills made in some ol’ makeshift laboratory.

learn to read
where did i say drinking a glass of milk a day is bad…i said excess animal protein…over 30 gms a day,

red meat is definitely bad for your hair,

» Hang ups,
»
» Red meat is good for you and your hair. We benefit from the vitamins and
» minerals that meat provides in abundance. Eating meat several times a
» week does not cause MPB; nor does drinking a glass of milk everyday.
»
» One would do well to obtain vitamins and minerals from his/her diet,
» rather than from cheap hair pills made in some ol’ makeshift laboratory.

diet alone is not enough, you need a super hair vitamin and mineral plus other various supplements, its not easy to stop hair loss

however if you have a crappy diet and are on no supplements , your hair is doomed

» The only way to know for sure if diet will change your hair is to try it.
» It can’t hurt.

And have your mommy read this to you, if you don’t understand what the big words mean :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Superfoods for Healthy Hair

By Dorie Eisenstein

It’s all about balance when it comes to optimal nutrition for maintaining healthy hair. “Hair is a fast-growing tissue and it’s likely to make demands on your body,” says Brian Thompson, principal trichologist and director of product development at Philip Kingsley Trichological Centre in New York and London. “You need a mixture of protein, complex carbohydrates, and vitamins and minerals. But if you consume too much of any one thing, particularly certain vitamins and minerals, you can create problems with hair growth.”

Good hair nutrition begins with getting enough protein, which is the building block of your hair. Then you need complex carbohydrates to help assemble the proteins for hair growth. “Once you’ve considered protein, then getting iron in absorbable forms is one of the single most important minerals as far as hair growth is concerned,” says Thompson. Other important vitamins and minerals include B complex, which is associated with energy production and building good hair and skin issues, folic acid, B12, and zinc.

Here, a list of foods that Thompson recommends be consumed along with fresh fruits and vegetables:

1. Beef. If you don’t have high cholesterol, Thompson recommends eating red meat twice a week for optimal hair health. Not only does beef have the protein you need, but also B vitamins, iron, and zinc, important minerals for healthy hair.

2. Eggs or Egg Whites. Vegetarian? Can’t eat red meat for health reasons? Then egg whites are the way to go. “If you can’t eat an animal protein, egg whites are the next best thing,” says Thompson. “Their value is underestimated in our society.”

3. Brown Short-Grain Rice. You should have complex carbohydrates, which feed you energy over a longer period of time than refined carbohydrates, with your protein source at meals. Brown short-grain rice is an ideal form. It’s also a good source of B vitamins and some fiber.

4. Cottage Cheese. Try low-fat cottage cheese for a protein-packed breakfast or lunch on the go when you don’t have time to make eggs. Top it with some fresh berries for an added serving of fruit. Plus, cottage cheese is also a good source of calcium.

5. Bacon. Although it’s not a good food to eat if you’re trying to lose weight, Kingsley recommends eating a normal serving of bacon for extra B vitamins, zinc, and protein.

6. Salmon. Try it smoked or fresh at breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a good dose of protein along with B vitamins, including B12, and other vitamins and minerals.

one website big deal I can find you 100 that say the opposite
hell I could go write a website, does that make it true?

here is a website i found in two seconds that says red mean is bad for your hair
http://ezinearticles.com/?Hair-Loss---The-Seven-Major-Causes---Part-1&id=541284

Excessive yang food such as red meat, salt, hard cheeses, and eggs can cause a particular pattern of hair loss as can excessive consumption of yin food such as soft drinks, fruit juices, alcohol and medications.

» And have your mommy read this to you, if you don’t understand what the big
» words mean :stuck_out_tongue:
»
» 6 Superfoods for Healthy Hair
»
» By Dorie Eisenstein
»
» It’s all about balance when it comes to optimal nutrition for maintaining
» healthy hair. “Hair is a fast-growing tissue and it’s likely to make
» demands on your body,” says Brian Thompson, principal trichologist and
» director of product development at Philip Kingsley Trichological Centre in
» New York and London. “You need a mixture of protein, complex carbohydrates,
» and vitamins and minerals. But if you consume too much of any one thing,
» particularly certain vitamins and minerals, you can create problems with
» hair growth.”
»
» Good hair nutrition begins with getting enough protein, which is the
» building block of your hair. Then you need complex carbohydrates to help
» assemble the proteins for hair growth. “Once you’ve considered protein,
» then getting iron in absorbable forms is one of the single most important
» minerals as far as hair growth is concerned,” says Thompson. Other
» important vitamins and minerals include B complex, which is associated
» with energy production and building good hair and skin issues, folic acid,
» B12, and zinc.
»
» Here, a list of foods that Thompson recommends be consumed along with
» fresh fruits and vegetables:
»
» 1. Beef. If you don’t have high cholesterol, Thompson recommends eating
» red meat twice a week for optimal hair health. Not only does beef have the
» protein you need, but also B vitamins, iron, and zinc, important minerals
» for healthy hair.
»
» 2. Eggs or Egg Whites. Vegetarian? Can’t eat red meat for health reasons?
» Then egg whites are the way to go. “If you can’t eat an animal protein,
» egg whites are the next best thing,” says Thompson. “Their value is
» underestimated in our society.”
»
» 3. Brown Short-Grain Rice. You should have complex carbohydrates, which
» feed you energy over a longer period of time than refined carbohydrates,
» with your protein source at meals. Brown short-grain rice is an ideal
» form. It’s also a good source of B vitamins and some fiber.
»
» 4. Cottage Cheese. Try low-fat cottage cheese for a protein-packed
» breakfast or lunch on the go when you don’t have time to make eggs. Top it
» with some fresh berries for an added serving of fruit. Plus, cottage cheese
» is also a good source of calcium.
»
» 5. Bacon. Although it’s not a good food to eat if you’re trying to lose
» weight, Kingsley recommends eating a normal serving of bacon for extra B
» vitamins, zinc, and protein.
»
» 6. Salmon. Try it smoked or fresh at breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a
» good dose of protein along with B vitamins, including B12, and other
» vitamins and minerals.

Again, you will excuse me if I take the word of a trichologist over yours.

Hangin,
It is important that when you provide advice (36 mg versus 36 gm) as you stated in your original post that you make sure you provide the appropriate intake amounts . There are some people that may actually follow your advice - I’m not sure who they or or why but their may be some . I think that your words would be to call other people moron’s if they made such a comment as you did . As a pharmacist I can emphasize the fact there is a huge difference between 1mg and 1 gm . As I have told you many times over and over -get your facts straight .

I have written TPN parenteral nutrition orders on a daily basis at our medical center pharmacy over the last 9 years . Patients under higher stress loads require more protein/ amino acid intake based on muscle cell physiology . There is not a set across the board number so I’m not sure exactly where you are getting a specific number of 36 gm .Typical daily intake is more specifically based on an individuals body weight stated before ranging from 0.5- 1gm/kg/day. For a very active athlete or body builder they can require upwards of 1 gm/kg /day for maximum muscle performance /building so for you to say its too much is false. For patients in an ICU setting under high stress loads (ventilator settings,corticosteroid intake/trauma etc) they too often require higher amino acid/protein intake in excess of 36 gm per day . Again the amounts based on individual body weight specific to a patient.

Just for my own sake and pharmacy practice do you have the article available stating that no more than 36 gm/day is the optimal intake for all individuals . ? I would find this to be very helpful in the future .

Also I am not exactly sure why you keep referring to the DHT effect on follicle miniaturization as YOUR theory. If that is the case I think you may have a good lawsuit on your hands because Merck (manufacturer of Propecia) stole it from you years ago .

You asked in another post why some of us read your post. I personally dont read them to try and gain any insight . I dont feel like there is any input you could make that can provide any meaningful benefit for others. I read your post to see where you need to be corrected such as this one stating 36 mg per day is optimal daily intake for protein.

Hangin- seriously - I have asked you over and over countless times to post pictures of yourself (not your face just your scalp) .We all know that you will never pursue transplants because as you put it transplants are only for those of us moron’s stupid enough to have lost our hair to begin with (from our poor nutritional intake ).If I remember you were referring to myself and Youngman (unfortunately I think Hairsite deleted your post) You always seem to fade away from the request of posting pics yet you constantly come onto the forum preaching what you feel that you know and others need to understand . A good leader such as yourself should provide an example for us to follow. If your nutritional program has made such a difference let us see what a proper nutritional program can provide when put into place .

Hangin just as you can post all of your BS about red meat being bad others can post articles stating its benefit so please stop with your campaign to save the world of future hair loss . The internet is full of articles on both sides so give it a break .

http://thestar.com.my/health/story.asp?file=/2007/5/9/health/20070509170215&sec=health

By the way - Does A1 Steak Sauce on my steak /hamburger have any additive effect on follicle miniaturization? If it does I think I found the problem and why I began losing my hair so early at 17 y/o. I love the stuff.

17,000 Actively Growing BHT grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com