Hair density for forllica\'s idea

does it controlled by how much we inject wnt protein to the scalp?

do you guys think it will be possible to create 10,000 follicles top of our head by follica’s method? (i mean if it works)

There’s no injections with Folica. Just dermabrasion (which isn’t pleasant) and then some topical and/or internal drugs.

If it works as well as it potentially might, then we’re REALLY in good shape. It’s different from ICX and hair cloning because it’s not about people manually trying to fix the problem one hair at a time. It’s just putting the whole operation into the body’s hands to carry out by itself.

There’s basically no reason to assume any characteristics problems with the new hairs, and the density will probably be quite high. The density could literally be what we originally had before MPB hit.

The only major downside is that we do not have much knowledge about the DHT resistance of the new hairs. At worst, we might be stuck having to redo this procedure every few years. It would basically just be like we get to “reset” the hair back to what we had at the onset of puberty, and this time we’ll have a chance to get on DHT meds and see if we can keep the MPB from getting rolling in the first place.

» There’s no injections with Folica. Just dermabrasion (which isn’t
» pleasant) and then some topical and/or internal drugs.
»
»
»
» If it works as well as it potentially might, then we’re REALLY in good
» shape. It’s different from ICX and hair cloning because it’s not about
» people manually trying to fix the problem one hair at a time. It’s just
» putting the whole operation into the body’s hands to carry out by itself.
»
»
» There’s basically no reason to assume any characteristics problems with
» the new hairs, and the density will probably be quite high. The density
» could literally be what we originally had before MPB hit.
»
»
» The only major downside is that we do not have much knowledge about the
» DHT resistance of the new hairs. At worst, we might be stuck having to
» redo this procedure every few years. It would basically just be like we
» get to “reset” the hair back to what we had at the onset of puberty, and
» this time we’ll have a chance to get on DHT meds and see if we can keep the
» MPB from getting rolling in the first place.

Why not take 1-2 dut/fin pills a week to maintain if caould tolerate it. Or, go the natural route with saw palmetto and etc.

For many of us, the goal is to get our hormones back the way they were. I want to get OFF of finasteride. I don’t want to take anything that is changing my DHT levels anymore. While adding more hair back would always be welcome, if I have to continue finasteride to keep it, then it’s not a complete (or acceptable to me) solution.

» For many of us, the goal is to get our hormones back the way they were. I
» want to get OFF of finasteride. I don’t want to take anything that is
» changing my DHT levels anymore. While adding more hair back would always
» be welcome, if I have to continue finasteride to keep it, then it’s not a
» complete (or acceptable to me) solution.

I know what you mean. I’m on DUT eod and I’m tolerating this dosage very well. If I were to have this treatment, I would go 1-2 pills a week to help maintain as best as possible. But who knows, maybe the new hairs would be genetically dht resistant linke the ones on your sides and back.

I totally agree about Fin/Dut being a problem.

If Folica works but there’s no additional DHT resistance, I think I’d rather keep periodically redoing the job than stay on Fin/Dut permanently. Even if I have to do it again every 4 or 5 years it would still be worth it to me. Finasteride isn’t a long-term solution IMO.

But there’s still topical AAs.

RU58841 would probably give pretty bulletproof results if it was working on hairs that had suffered virtually no DHT exposure to begin with.

And if ASC-J9 works as planned, it would probably do as much as RU. The combination would be pretty unbeatable.

» I totally agree about Fin/Dut being a problem.
»
» If Folica works but there’s no additional DHT resistance, I think I’d
» rather keep periodically redoing the job than stay on Fin/Dut permanently.
» Even if I have to do it again every 4 or 5 years it would still be worth it
» to me. Finasteride isn’t a long-term solution IMO.
»
»
»
» But there’s still topical AAs.
»
» RU58841 would probably give pretty bulletproof results if it was working
» on hairs that had suffered virtually no DHT exposure to begin with.
»
» And if ASC-J9 works as planned, it would probably do as much as RU. The
» combination would be pretty unbeatable.

I’ve used RU for 3 years and it gets expensive. pain in the ass to order and losses its effectiveness after a while. I’ve pretty much tried everything there is that has a possibilty to be legit.

If ASC-J9 pans out as hoped, then I really think the combination of ASC & RU might be greater than the sum of the two drugs separately.

ASC-J9 would hobble the androgen receptors themselves. If they can’t upregulate drastically (like they normally do in the absence of androgen stimulation), then even the mildest topical anti-androgen’s effect would be huge.

And also, I think the effects of simply reducing the follicles’ androgen stimulation at the beginning would be very significant. Probably way disproportionate to doing that same amount of DHT-stoppage later in the game. (Imagine having been on Propecia from ages 10-20yo.)

Witness the cases of men who didn’t have proper DHT during puberty but are then artifically given DHT later as adults – apparently they don’t go bald even when there’s MPB in the family. It’s not that their follicles didn’t feel the DHT as adults, it’s that the follicles’ total lifetime stimulation hadn’t reached the “tipping point” during puberty. So the effects never really start to snowball when the DHT is added later.