Growth and Patience

Hey everyone,

Its vital that guys considering a HT understand that you are not going to get the full result until 16-18 months at least…

I think everyone needs to be made aware that even after a whole year there is still a great deal more in store - more growth, thickening and maturing.

Trust me, I truly know how tough the waiting game is having had 2 procedures myself. Looking constantly in the mirror, inspecting it every opportunity. Comparing your results to others you see online.

The important thing to remember is everyone grows at different rates. If you have chosen a top doctor and followed the post op instructions to the best of your ability, then the growth will come.

I see lots of patients who panic on these forums just a few months out from their procedure. Never mind 3 and 4 months… which for some reason seems to be the bench mark for the day you wake up and the final result is in.

At months 3, 4 and 5 you have just begun growing!

Months 8-16 are just as important in terms of growth, maturing, thickening as the first 8 months. The success of your HT can only be determined after 18 months especially if you are a slow grower.

Patience is the toughest part of the HT procedure but one of the most important ones. If you are not ready to wait a full year for your result, then you are not ready for a procedure.

18 months is a long wait. From your experience what percentage of the people do not see good growth till 18 months?

The first 3 or 4 months is the worst… when you are in looking at the mirror 50 times a day… That was the toughest part of the procedure, breaking myself from looking in the mirror every 10 minutes…

» 18 months is a long wait. From your experience what percentage of the
» people do not see good growth till 18 months?

Most will have had just about all of their growth by the 12-15 month range, but it is important to remember that a result will improve still after the year mark. Hairs are still maturing and thickening adding to the density of the result.

I thought it was important to remind people that at 5 and 6 months you are still very early in the growth phase, 50% actually.

» » 18 months is a long wait. From your experience what percentage of the
» » people do not see good growth till 18 months?
»
» Most will have had just about all of their growth by the 12-15 month
» range, but it is important to remember that a result will improve still
» after the year mark. Hairs are still maturing and thickening adding to the
» density of the result.
»
» I thought it was important to remind people that at 5 and 6 months you are
» still very early in the growth phase, 50% actually.

Have you posted any updates on your crown? It would be in the 12-15 month range wouldn’t it?

» Hey everyone,
»
» Its vital that guys considering a HT understand that you are not going to
» get the full result until 16-18 months at least…

Not so.

Between 8-10 months max is the time that what you see is bascially what you get.

And, if you haven’t had any growth 6 months out from a procedure do not fool yourself into thinking you are just a slow grower.

With very rare exceptions, none that I have even seen thus far, if you do not see any new growth 6 months out something is wrong.

Maybe there are some out there but I haven’t seen a single case presented in which one had no growth at 6 months, and then 6 months later bammo, full result.

Feel free to present an example of a case you are aware of in which this has happened.

Also, I would like to see pictures of a case in which at 12-18 months there is a dramatic difference in coverage when compared to 8-10 months.

Yes, most growth is reached at the 12 month mark, I would say 90%, but the result will continue to thicken as the individual hairs continue to mature. You may not have more growth, IE new hairs sprouting thru, but the result will continue to thicken all the way up to 18 months. Any clinic will tell you this.

Speaking from experience, my transplanted hair continued to thicken and blend in with my exisiting hair well after the 10 month mark from my frist procedure.