Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

GREY HAIR turning back to BLACK from Iodine, Selenium, Tyrosine and L-Methionine

To TexasHam:

Your bring up a good point about Selenium toxicity.

The biological half life of Selenium according to this researcher

is 100 days. That is about 3 months. I was reading an article where a 75 year old man died within hours of ingesting 10 grams of Selenium. That is 10,000 milligrams.

According to the above link, selenium levels take several weeks to build up in your body, depending upon the size of the daily dose.

I don’t take 2000 micrograms EVERY DAY. There are gaps.

Now this link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20142570
shows that more than 200 patients who took a supplement of Selenium at median dosages of 41,000 + micrograms or 41 grams out those only 1 person was hospitalized.

This supplement was very concentrated obviously and more than what is needed.
These patients developed certain toxicity signs.

This link states how just 1.3 grams/day after a few weeks resulted in selenium toxicity.

Several days I am taking just 400-800 micrograms. I alternate. I also like to go few days without any supplements. Everything in moderation.

Now when I mentioned the higher dosages of 2000-4000 micrograms, it is not something I recommend for months on… I never said that. I agree with you that Selenium toxicity can quickly be brought on as compared to other minerals for example.

To rebuild your reserves yes, you can take 1000+ micrograms/day. Than after 2 or 3 weeks you can start taking a maintenance dose of 200-400 micrograms.

And if you fall sick with HIV or any other virus, it is preferred to increase your daily Selenium intake to at least 1000 micrograms due to the simple fact that viruses eat or use Selenium and Vitamin C and other nutrients, thus leaving less for your body. The body’s major anti oxidant : glutathione is built from Selenium as well as 3 other amino acids.

So moderation is key.

Glad you pointed out that Selenium at high dosages can be toxic to your health.

And as far as my hair turning black again… well it took a few weeks but the major reason for it is that my thyroid and other body tissues that were starved of Iodine got what they needed. Iodine is what the Thyroid uses to make T4, which has 4 atoms of Iodine. Thyroid hormones such as T4 and T3 are ‘prohormone’ meaning they encourage hormone production. Iodine also helps beat insulin resistance which is a leading cause of hair loss.

Couple Iodine with Selenium, Tyrosine (which helps produce melanin and attached to Iodine to form thyroxidne or T4 )and L-Methionone which helps reduce hydrogen peroxide in the body (hydrogen peroxide cauess oxidative stress to hair) than yes you regain pigmentation. They did a whole research paper on L-Methionone and how it reverses grey hair. Google It.

If you decrease the oxidative stress load on your scalp and body as a whole, only than can you reverse your hair loss and grey hair. And the receptors I talked about earlier are not your typical androgen receptors or somethign else that has been mentioned already. These receptors play a critical role in hair growth itself. When they become over stimulated by several factors than they become desensitized and thus you see the horshoe pattern hair loss on men and in women it is sparsely spread out since their receptors are in that spread out shape. Men have it more concentrated.

Again, I will not release that information just yet. People that think there is a magical solution or injection to hair loss don’t understand that the reason for hair loss is the body is not functioning correctly. Its hormones and receptors are malfunctioning. Many people have congenital hyperplasia which is basically incorrect hormone production. A shot of wnt or other things will not cure hair loss. There is only one way to fix the hair loss on the scalp, legs and other places and that is to resensitize the receptors that I spoke of. Those receptors require a certain hormone to resensitize. I will leave it at that.

By the way as far as Iodine is concerned, yes there are several days I have taken 1000mg/day. Mostly I take 200-500mg/day.

Iodine is different than Selenium. The dogma surrounding Iodine is to keep it away from us. Doctors have used Iodine at high dosages of 1000mg with NO SIDE EFFECTS.

Iodine is utterly important in having a healthy body and to detox all the harmful toxins out of our body like aluminum, mercury, fluoride, bromide, chlorine, cadmium etc.

Iodine does all that and more.

I have been taking high Iodine supplemenation for more than 4 months now with no adverse effects. The first sign of hyperthyroid is heart palpitations and jitteryness… .I am calm as ever and have had no night sweats tremors or anything.

On the other hand, I actually have great amount of energy and motivation to do things. I didn’t have that before as much. Thank You Iodine!

Dude, you are getting bashed because you are saying wild unsupported stuff and calling it the answers.

– You know the secret but you cannot divulge it?
Why not, are the black helicopters after you or something? If you have an ounce of common sense the you should understand why this will frustrate everyone and make us mistrustful of you.

– DHT isn’t causing MPB?
Umm, do you care to explain why the evidence for this link is so strong? Androgen exposure is certainly a major driving force in MPB. Either you should agree with this or else you should explain why there is a hell of a lot of evidence making it appear this way. Just brushing it off as “propeganda” does not cover it. We’ve heard this kind of thing before from a lot of people pitching other theories that don’t turn out to be true.

I repeat: There is decades of strong evidence in favor of this causative link. It is going to require a lot more than a one-sentence dismissal to convince everyone otherwise.

– Bald guys have less leg hair?
Not any of the bald guys I know. In fact if you studied the issue scientifically, I would bet money that you would discover that they have MORE leg hair than average. Seriously, I would bet money on it.

All right then. I might start taking selenium myself(it’s super cheap). I don’t have any grey hair and I would gladly be 100% grey vs bald. I was with you up to this point:

Iodine also helps beat insulin resistance which is a leading cause of hair loss.

If that would be true, half of americans would be going bald prematurely. Most of the people from south america would be going bald early too because they can’t handle insulin - they are much more prone to diabetes.
Also I don’t agree that balding men have less leg/body hair. I have plenty of those and growing.

Interesting that you are mention hydrogen peroxide http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3171836/

We found that under 20% O2 DHT stimulated TGF-β secretion, as previously published (Inui et al. 2002), whereas 2% O2 negates and in some cases may even reverse DHT-stimulated TGF-β secretion by DPCs. Moreover, by using hydrogen peroxide to chemically induce oxidative stress, we observed an increase in the amounts of TGF-β secreted by the DPCs. These data suggest that oxidative stress may exacerbate the onset of androgenic alopecia by affecting TGF-β secretion, a known inhibitor of hair follicle growth and inducer of catagen.

You may have something here. Did iodine and selenium combo help your hair at all? Both of those are very cheap I have nothing to lose in trying them

This also reveals that if there is such a partially FUE or transacted FUE with proximal and distal control tissues it can still develop both the bisected hair follicles. Although the personality and size of the locks may vary. Keep in mind Dr. Gho is not reducing string device into two but a folliclular unit(refer to his histo glide in his document and not the image described in his paper) into two. Generously relate his content contributor locks string maintenance by partially follicular device removal a technique to improve locks hair transplant.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm
You say I am peddling nonsense huh? Well your the retarded New World Order Shill and liar here

THE GOVERNMENTS OWN WEBSITE AT CDC or center for disease control states on the Vaccine Ingredients List which can be downloaded that they contain FORMALDEHYDE which is a nasty preservative you see used to store dead body parts/animals etc… There is also Thimerosol or Mercury as well.

I dare you to drink FORMALDEHYDE ! IF YOU THINK YOUR SO SMART…but your not!
I win

And I was referring to the USER BY THE NAME FORDHAM

Were you not caught on this very board pumping some treatment as a hair loss cure that you were selling from a website some time back.

As I recall, you were tarred & feathered for being a snake oil salesman.

And now you’re back ?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by fordham[/postedby]
You’re peddling a bit of scientific nonsense. Flu shots are designed to kill us? By who? [/quote] Clearly you live unaware of reality.

Research why the 2nd most powerful brain toxin (mercury) is added to vaccines.
Research the proven link between number of vaccines injected to children and cases of authism per country.

You might start with the red pill of 911. Once you confirmed how huge a lie can be you can start reading about reality.

About the disinformation media you can only know one thing for certain: the more they repeat something the bigger the lie.

Indeed he was. He was also caught applying semen to his head (this is no joke).

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]
Were you not caught on this very board pumping some treatment as a hair loss cure that you were selling from a website some time back.

As I recall, you were tarred & feathered for being a snake oil salesman.

And now you’re back ?[/quote]

Thank You for that honest truth BUGLER… there other people on here that have nothing better to do than hate and waste time.

My Hair is growing back great… If only those old farts (FREDDIE555 AND HAIRMAN2 ) knew how I grow my hair… hmmm

Since when did selling Latisse become a crime??? wtf? ARe you stupid you two idiots that are complaining about me sellling cheap Latisse? They sell that over here for over $100/bottle!!! I found a place to sell it for $TEN DOLLARS!!??
Why the heck wouldn’t I try to sell that here and save everyone money!! ? Oh because I made a few dollars on top of it per bottle THAT IS A CRIME
Yet… its ok to go buy ROgaine and Propecia for life for thousands of dollars BUT IF SOMEONE ON HAIRSITE TRIES TO MAKE A LIVING OR SELLS A PRODUCT MUCH MUCH CHEAPER AND DOES THE HAIRLOSS COMMUNITY A FAVOR… HE CAN’T TRY TO MAKE MONEY FOR HIMSELF OR RECOUP ALL THE THOUSANDS HE HAS SPENT ON RESEARCH AND TRYING DIFFERENT PRODUCTS… listen old farts there is areason you two are bald… and its a sad and truthful reason though… You BOTH ARE MIND CONTROLLED AND NOT OPEN TO NEW IDEAS… you still honestly BELIEVE THAT SOME DOCTOR as if they are gods… will come and solve your problem… in the next few days I WILL BE POSTING A DETAILED POST/RESEARCH ON WHY HAIR LOSS HAPPENS AND WHAT TO HONESTLY DO ABOUT IT… with Planet Nibiru basically here now … its visible in the evening sky… there is not much time left…I honestly do want most and everyone to know the real reason behind what causes hair loss and how to treat it… There is a REASON THAT OUT OF THE 10 TEN POSTS ON HAIRSITE… I have 5 OF THE TOP POSTS WITH THE MOST VIEWS! … the NUMBER 1 VIEWED POST ON HAIRSITE IS WRITTEN BY ME!!! Must be doing somethign right huh?? You make fun of semen… as if you are some stupid middle school kid who doesn’t yet know how babies are made… YEs I said semen and rubbed it BIG EFFING DEALL1!!! … Its because Semen CONTAINS PGF2a… the same prostaglandin that Latisse does… now close your dum mouth… and uneducated rants… If I want to put that on my scalp than THATS MY CHOICE!! Go grow some hair atleast before you feel like you have the right to negatively criticize me … I’ve always just tried my best to cure my hairloss…

Boyintown to be clear, if you had been upfront and said “hey guys i setup a site to sell cheap latisse” that would have been an entirely different issue.

But that is not what you did. You first posted some supposed pictures of regrowth and then setup a site, claiming it was some company you had found on the internet and could recommend as a good source to buy your miracle drug latisse. We then later discovered that the supposed site was in fact registered to your name. This is snake-oil salesman tactics 101.

Anyway, it’s really amazing that nibiru is visible in plain sight in the evening sky. Must be so romantic to be sitting on your veranda at night and watch nibiru approach, with freshly ejaculated semen on your head.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Boyinhtown[/postedby]
Thank You for that honest truth BUGLER… there other people on here that have nothing better to do than hate and waste time.

My Hair is growing back great… If only those old farts (FREDDIE555 AND HAIRMAN2 ) knew how I grow my hair… hmmm

Since when did selling Latisse become a crime??? wtf? ARe you stupid you two idiots that are complaining about me sellling cheap Latisse? They sell that over here for over $100/bottle!!! I found a place to sell it for $TEN DOLLARS!!??
Why the heck wouldn’t I try to sell that here and save everyone money!! ? Oh because I made a few dollars on top of it per bottle THAT IS A CRIME
Yet… its ok to go buy ROgaine and Propecia for life for thousands of dollars BUT IF SOMEONE ON HAIRSITE TRIES TO MAKE A LIVING OR SELLS A PRODUCT MUCH MUCH CHEAPER AND DOES THE HAIRLOSS COMMUNITY A FAVOR… HE CAN’T TRY TO MAKE MONEY FOR HIMSELF OR RECOUP ALL THE THOUSANDS HE HAS SPENT ON RESEARCH AND TRYING DIFFERENT PRODUCTS… listen old farts there is areason you two are bald… and its a sad and truthful reason though… You BOTH ARE MIND CONTROLLED AND NOT OPEN TO NEW IDEAS… you still honestly BELIEVE THAT SOME DOCTOR as if they are gods… will come and solve your problem… in the next few days I WILL BE POSTING A DETAILED POST/RESEARCH ON WHY HAIR LOSS HAPPENS AND WHAT TO HONESTLY DO ABOUT IT… with Planet Nibiru basically here now … its visible in the evening sky… there is not much time left…I honestly do want most and everyone to know the real reason behind what causes hair loss and how to treat it… There is a REASON THAT OUT OF THE 10 TEN POSTS ON HAIRSITE… I have 5 OF THE TOP POSTS WITH THE MOST VIEWS! … the NUMBER 1 VIEWED POST ON HAIRSITE IS WRITTEN BY ME!!! Must be doing somethign right huh?? You make fun of semen… as if you are some stupid middle school kid who doesn’t yet know how babies are made… YEs I said semen and rubbed it BIG EFFING DEALL1!!! … Its because Semen CONTAINS PGF2a… the same prostaglandin that Latisse does… now close your dum mouth… and uneducated rants… If I want to put that on my scalp than THATS MY CHOICE!! Go grow some hair atleast before you feel like you have the right to negatively criticize me … I’ve always just tried my best to cure my hairloss…[/quote]

So after how many weeks exactly of taking 3000mg of tyrosine did you noticed your hair root become black? And how long was your hair back then?

Boyinhtown,

I came upon your site last night.

I’ve gone grey in a year after being diagnosed with HYPERthyroidism – it is more like autoimmune thyroiditis as I have both Graves’ and Hashimoto’s antibodies. I’ve spent the past year attending to the acute aspects like calming down heart irregularities and insomnia using a functional medicine approach to narrower optimal levels of thyroid values. Nearly there but neglected hair as physical appearance was low in priority.

I had an awful shock yesterday when I got my daughter to take photos of the back of my head – sitting here now with a henna mud pack in my hair waiting to wash it out before starting on part 2 of the process which will involve indigo. I hope this is just a temporary measure, picking up the pieces of a once-again shattered morale until I can crack reversing grey. I totally believe it is endocrine dysfunction.

Have you any insights to share please on how to approach this from my angle? I’ve tried Lugol’s and nascent iodine before – I liked how nascent iodine lifted my brain fog instantly but not getting it right - it required 100 drops a day to maintain effects and at $25 per 30ml bottle it was getting expensive. Then it still sent my heart in a tizzy, angina, etc.

Thanks so much for your words. I do believe this is part of the insidious strategy of the One World Order to keep most of the population sick and low-functioning.

My best to you and all reading.

@HairSite does this subject belong in the Hair Multiplication forum? Just wondering why it’s in here and why BoyinHTown’s post, with all the insults he’s directed at others in this thread (like calling someone a “New World Order Shill”), is still getting reponses after like 4 years. With the new format it’s harder to bury these irrelevant threads.