so it gives 9.7% increase in hair shaft diameter.hmm … thats lower than rogaine

» » intresting info from Greco
» »
» »
»
» so it gives 9.7% increase in hair shaft diameter.hmm … thats lower than
» rogaine

its even lower than ketoconazole shampoo

One could get a “shot in the arm” with the platlets, but one needs to be on finas/dutas to hang on to the rejuvinated hairs.

It could be useful to a guy just getting on finas to get as many recently lost hairs “re-awakened” as possible in hopes that finas/nizoral could maintain them, but in-and-of-itself is like Cal described it, “a once-a-year $900-shot-of-minoxidil”. Just my opinion.

Even if this therapy is needed in combination with Propecia and/or Rogaine, anything to successfully maintain or regrow hair is a positive thing. It isn’t a cure, but is another possible alternative. If this technique does restrengthen follicles that have miniaturized to a great extent, then I believe it’s a great addition to other hair loss treatment methods.

So far the info doesn’t look very positive on that.

Just the fact that it has to be redone every year tells me we’re looking at something that comes from growth stimulation rather than true androgen damage reversal. That points to a minox type of product.

I’m not trying to sh*t on any kind of cosmetic MPB progress. But so far I think it’s a mistake to see this as a real step towards HM. It’s probably gonna work as a concealer that only has to be done once a year.

» So far the info doesn’t look very positive on that.
»
» Just the fact that it has to be redone every year tells me we’re looking
» at something that comes from growth stimulation rather than true androgen
» damage reversal. That points to a minox type of product.
»
»
» I’m not trying to sh*t on any kind of cosmetic MPB progress. But so far I
» think it’s a mistake to see this as a real step towards HM. It’s probably
» gonna work as a concealer that only has to be done once a year.

it reminds me Regenica, there is a lot of growth factors too. But nobody say that its sh*t…
am I wrong?

its sh*t.

anyway, the stuff increased thickness by less than 10% … thats nothing. 10% only.

google up ketoconazole shampoo studies and it will be better than that.

Yeah, but I wouldn’t mind having a “big four” set of proven meds instead of a “big three.”

» Yeah, but I wouldn’t mind having a “big four” set of proven meds instead of
» a “big three.”

I agree - another 10% improvement is worth it. Not every protocol has to be a blockbuster.

However…

I’m still not convinced it works, and I won’t be signing up for it anytime soon. Lets see how it does in a couple of years.

» Yeah, but I wouldn’t mind having a “big four” set of proven meds instead of
» a “big three.”

most of ppl here are on full or part of big 3. This platelet thingy does not seem to be fourth rly.

lets be honest, nobody here is going to pay 800-2k every 6-12 months to get results you can get from a shampoo. this wont happen.

the only chance is that the results would get better. or that it can grow new hair from scratch and thus that that thickening hairshaft study is misleading. there is no evidence to support that though. so far the photographic evidence shows just very mild regrowth.

You really don’t think people will pay a grand a year for a 5-10% gain? As a one-shot deal without any daily maintinence demands?

Man, the MPB market doesn’t exactly price-shop and compare values. We stumble around, frantically throwing money at any damn thing anyone can come up with, hoping for the slightest visible gains.