Going through the Follica Patent, highlighting the important stuff

» lol, interesting… I think as chance to success they are respectively:
» Acell 70% and Follica 30% (for now, obviously, the chance may will change
» sooner as we can understand)

I would probably reverse those numbers. Acell has not even been discussed in the context of hair regrowth. It seems a long way off for any use let alone regrowing hair. The point of Follica is to force hair follicles specifically to regrow.
hh

» There are so many goddam variables in this deal. It concerns me. I hope
» some of that is just to keep it vague and for experimental purposes.

Its to cover whatever they might find to be the optimal method. There are a lot of different things for them to try that might make the difference between regrowing a few or a lot of follicles.

» A multi-chemical cocktail that’s supposed to regrow hair, and it includes
» the use of both Fin/Dut AND Minox at the same time . . . it sure seems like
» a recipe to confuse the results.
»
» I think I would have really expected them to do the opposite in fact. I
» would have expected them to purposely specify that Fin & Dut & Minox &
» Nizoral all be 100% AWOL from anyone they’re testing their new stuff on.
» Using all that stuff at once sure seems like a great way to confuse what
» they’re really having luck with.

But this is not a study this is a patent - a method for regrowing hair. In an experiment when you are trying to discover how and why someething works you control different variables. When you are trying to optimise results you throw in everything that helps. Some of this stuff they know helps - ie EGRF inhibitors, minox. Other stuff is either in there just in case (antiandrogens, anti-inflamatories) or they have a pretty good idea that it helps but arent throwing in the data just yet.

» If we’re gonna use Fin/Dut for this Follica method, then IMO they had
» better know for sure that it’s necessary.

I’m not a fan of either drug but I suspect that DHT specifically makes the scalp an unfriendly place for follicle regeneration (downregulating wnt, upregulating DKK1) which is half the problem in the first place. Getting rid of its influence for a few weeks could make a big difference.
hh

» Has anybody thought about the possibility that the reason Follica are
» taking so long to get to trial is because they are waiting for Accel to be
» licensed for use in humans so they can patent it and try it out for hair
» growth before anyone else lol. They could simplify their process right
» down, abrade the scalp, apply a pig bladder scaffold for a few days and
» your set!

I dont see Follica as taking “so long to get to trial”. This whole thing has been really remarkably quick from the conceptual stage last year to the formation of a company to where we are now. Of course everything seems slow to us but in real world terms this thing seems to be moving quickly.
hh

» I don’t think we would have any incentive to want to mess with long-term
» EGF receptor meds. The body clearly didn’t originally need it just to keep
» good hairs after they were first formed in the womb.
»
» The DHT damage from balding shouldn’t be related to the EGF receptor’s
» processes.

EGF stops the development of hair placodes. Once this process has begun it no longer interferes with hair follicle growth and development. This was shown at last years EHRS conference.
hh

» btw. you could even get one pill (250mg) of Gefitnib for $12.50 and make a
» topical.

Interesting. I guess we dont know how high the concentration needs to be though. But chucked into a minox bottle with alcohol and you would have a fair bit at around 0.5%.

» oh and the wound has to be at least or around 0.5 cm in diameter
» to form new hair. that is what Chuong is saying in his nature article.

That figure might be different when one is using substances like EGFR inhibitors and wnt ligands that increase the hair forming process. But yeah I suspect the bigger the wound the better. The sad irony with so many things in hairloss is that hair itself gets in the way of treatment. It is far easier to needle the scalp than to sand it if you have hair of any length. Hair also makes topicals such a bitch to apply. But of course get rid of the hair and the whole reason for using the topicals goes away. Anyway.
hh

» btw. you could even get one pill (250mg) of Gefitnib for $12.50 and make a
» topical.

Where you can purchase it? Can you post or email me a web address?

» » btw. you could even get one pill (250mg) of Gefitnib for $12.50 and make
» a
» » topical.
»
» Where you can purchase it? Can you post or email me a web address?

I dont’t have your email address :slight_smile:
http://***.3gchemist.com/product_details.php?rurl=index.php&page=0&cPath=0&pID=349

It’s an Indian generic