GHI Patient 1 yr - 2960 FUE

This patient came to us originally in 2005. We performed his first session of 1500 .75mm FUE in 2005 and followed up with a second of 1460 .75mm FUE in 2006.

Here are the procedure photos from each session.

» Here are the procedure photos from each session.
»
»

Hi
Nice work I think.

What I’d like to know is it possible to have a FUE transplant.Then keep the hair to a grade 0 - 1 on clippers cut.What would it look like.They say less looks more.What do you think.
I ask this as I’ve got thinning NW3-4,which I shave down with WAHL balding clippers.I’ve lost hair at front,almost,this is partly to hairloss plus accident.I’ve thinning hair.I do not seem to be having anymore hairloss.I have a shadow when its clippered,but I do miss not having hair shadow at front.The hair only grew back slightly after accident.

Thanks in advance

Baldie,
Yes, you will be able to shave your hair to what ever length you desire IF the grafts are harvested with a .75mm punch or smaller. Punch tools larger than the .75mm will leave white dot scarring throughout the entire donor.
Here are some photos of one our patients. We harvested 4000 FUE with a .75mm punch over 2 seperated sessions. Take a good look at the last set of photos. The photos are clean shaved with no visual indication he has had a procedure. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

» Baldie,
» Yes, you will be able to shave your hair to what ever length you desire
» IF the grafts are harvested with a .75mm punch or smaller. Punch
» tools larger than the .75mm will leave white dot scarring throughout the
» entire donor.
» Here are some photos of one our patients. We harvested 4000 FUE with a
» .75mm punch over 2 seperated sessions. Take a good look at the last set
» of photos. The photos are clean shaved with no visual indication he has
» had a procedure. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate
» to contact our office.
»
»

GHI a big thank you from me.I’ve put this question to others before.They did not understand question or could not be bothered to reply.
Not only did you understand question you supplied photos,too.

All the best

Could we see a grown out after the first procedure?
Many thanks.

Great result. And I applaud the continued confirmation of how the 0.75mm punch continues to provide this result. And I agree that anything larger will not enable a razor shaved head. :smiley:

» Great result. And I applaud the continued confirmation of how the 0.75mm
» punch continues to provide this result. And I agree that anything larger
» will not enable a razor shaved head. :smiley:

This guy should keep his hair buzzed he would look much better.

One thing though… The hairline design is somewhat linear. Not being sarcastic. Any reason why?

Here are additional photos from his first procedure of 1500 FUE.

Thomas,
The hairline is a bit linear compared to the work we are doing now. He was perfectly happy with the hair line after his first procedure. The goal of his second procedure was to increase the density behind his hairline. Since he was happy with his new hair line we decided not to advance the hair line any further by adding additional singles to create the “triangles” that we use today to create a non-linear appearance.

Here are some photos of a hair line we completed this week. Pay particular attention the exagerated triangles in the frontal hair line. This graft distribution creates a softer more natural result.

Thanks ghi for the pics, very informative.

I think that the initial density was about 30fu/cm2 and that hives a good impression of what to expect.

I think that the second HT gave about a total of 50-60/cm2. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Despite the poor coverage with the first round, personally I would prefer weak coverage all over rather than these front loaded HTs which for me seem unnatural but each to their own.

It seems that this guy could have a full head of hair with a total of 6000-7000FU.

Could you do this with FUE???

Cheers,

Marco,
You are correct with your estimate of 50-60 fue/cm2. His second procedure accomplised his goal of increasing his density in the frontal third. He is going to come in for an additional 1500 FUE. This round will be placed behind the first two sessions in the anterior vertex. If he was to come in for an additional procedure of 1500, bringing his total number of grafts to 6000 FUE, then he should have a very good result from his frontal hair line to his crown.

The question is, does he have and addtional 3000 FUE in his donor? We cannot say definatively yes or no until we can measure his donor density after these two procedures. We are confident he does have a minimun of 2000-2500 FUE in his donor region available for harvest.

» Marco,
» You are correct with your estimate of 50-60 fue/cm2. His second procedure
» accomplised his goal of increasing his density in the frontal third. He is
» going to come in for an additional 1500 FUE. This round will be placed
» behind the first two sessions in the anterior vertex. If he was to come
» in for an additional procedure of 1500, bringing his total number of
» grafts to 6000 FUE, then he should have a very good result from his
» frontal hair line to his crown.
»
» The question is, does he have and addtional 3000 FUE in his donor? We
» cannot say definatively yes or no until we can measure his donor density
» after these two procedures. We are confident he does have a minimun of
» 2000-2500 FUE in his donor region available for harvest.

Thanks again, well just one more question then. Could he have had all 5500(or so)FUE in one session!!!

Thanks…

And I like the second design you posted after my question. It looks good.

Hey are you going to Las Vegas? It would be good to see you their. I know who you are and wold like to see you under different circumstances as you probably know they have changed.

Marco,
The largest case we have completed with only scalp FUE is 3950. We were very surprised to see 4000 FUE session did not deplete his donor. We estimate he has an additional 3-4000 FUE available for harvest. Here is a link to his 4 month after photos, http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1741 .

Theoretically 5500 FUE is possible, but with todays procedure we feel 5500 is too large of a session for the donor area to handle. Prehaps over the coarse of the next couple of years we will be able to provide 5500 in one session.

Thomas,
Yes, we will be in Las Vegas for the ISHRS conference this year. For all of the ghost readers, here is a link to the preliminary program for this years meeting, http://ishrs.org/PDF/2ndPrelim2007ASM_FINAL.pdf .

How long has it been since we talked? Probably the last time we were in hell together. Wait, we ran into each other at last years meeting in San Diego. You have to be so much happier working with Dr. Harris. Oh yeah, congratulations on your marriage and your new life in Denver. See you in Vegas.

» The largest case we have completed with only scalp FUE is 3950. We were
» very surprised to see 4000 FUE session did not deplete his donor. We
» estimate he has an additional 3-4000 FUE available for harvest. Here is a
» link to his 4 month after photos,
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=1741 .

That link is the best I have ever seen.I thought it at the time and still do.If I ever get around to an hair transplant,that’ll do me.

At the moment I’m playing the waiting game for HM,while having a confident tanned shaved head look.

All the best!

Coolo beans brother. I here you are doing martial arts. I am thinking Kung FU because I like the movements. Ciao!