Getting pretty pessimistic about a cure coming anytime soon

A cure in 25-50 years hopefully.

I’ve given this some thought, and I think that IF the Wnt activation works as a certain kind of genetic “on/off switch” – which is a phenomenon documented in genetics, but it’s somewhat rare in human physiology – then perhaps.

I think there’s a much bigger chance it won’t work that way, but will have a different advantage:

It might “jump start” follicles made dormant (or put into permanent telogen or sleeping phase) by DHT, and give you a “window of opportunity” where you can utilize that and keep the follicles active and growing by using OTHER means – anti-androgens like Finasteride/Dutasteride, or Rogaine, maybe PGD2 blockers, etc.

So, the Wnt activation, while not permanent, may revive the follicles just long enough so that you can switch over to other means for maintenance, assuming enough follicles have actually been regenerated/revived.

Don’t know for sure, but I think this scenario is much more likely than a permanent change in the gene expression from a couple of applications of Samumed’s product.

Even the “within 5 years” statements from people have morphed into “within 10 years” or longer - everything seems to have gone quiet and I accept now that it almost certainly won’t happen in a timeframe that will be useful to me - that ship has sailed :frowning:

@Skywalker,
Yep I feel the same way. I used to be really optimistic for a long time, hoping the cure was just about 5 yrs away. Every so often we’d be fed with so-called ‘hair growth breakthroughs’ and they all fizzled out or are sitting in labs going nowhere.

I suspect if/when a cure is found it might happen suddenly, but no one can put a timeframe on that, unless we already had something very promising in our hands.

Nowadays baldness is a bit more accepted but money matters more. Plus I’ve seen many ugly/average dudes dating pretty girls-I mean that’s what this is all about at the end of the day, we don’t want to date average women. Just saying I think the odds are better now-but without money and a good personality it won’t get single guys very far.

Fortunately for myself I just need to up my income a bit more and I’m set. As I mentioned in a different thread I’m just going to get an FUE transplant, work on getting more fit and make my moves. I’m in my 40s so I need to make the most of the time I have while I can still pass for being in my mid 20s to 30s. Ya I got good genes in that dept at least (looking younger).

I will only rarely be checking this site out just in case but at this point I’ve given up on finding a cure.

The media (pr machines) are always quick to say “cure”.

I’m optimistic about new “treatments” coming up but still think we are a long way from a true cure.

Samumed’s presentation slides can be found on their website.
SM04554 is said to be “safe, well-tolerated, and potentially efficacious.”

(A bit strange, if you ask me, as it also says there was one case of “basal cell carcinoma” and someone developed a “skin mass”.)

Hmm… Maybe the test group was big enough for them to be able to rule out that these were side effects of the drug, but nevertheless it doesn’t really make me want to rush out and get this treatment…