Getting close?

I’m a technical guy but completely ignorant of all things biologically related. But seriously, if they can regrow teeth, how far can re-growing hair be? Are there not enough research funding being poured into the hair regrowth industry ?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5627064/a_gel_that_could_cure_tooth_decay.html

No More Drilling and Filling
A new gel being developed by French scientists may mean the end of dental fillings and, even more importantly, the dreaded dental drill. The gel, which stimulates the growth of tooth tissue, may prove a painless cure
for dental decay.

According to the Daily Mail:

"The French team mixed MSH with a chemical called poly-L-glutamic acid. This is a substance often used to transport drugs inside the body because it can survive the harsh environments, such as the stomach, that might destroy medicines before they get a chance to work.

"The mixture was then turned into a gel and rubbed on to cells, called dental pulp fibroblasts, taken from extracted human teeth. These cells are the kind that help new tooth tissue to grow.

"But until now there has been no way of ‘switching’ them back on once they have been destroyed by dental decay. The researchers found the gel triggered the growth of new cells and also helped with adhesion - the process by which new dental cells ‘lock’ together.

"This is important because it produces strong tooth pulp and enamel which could make the decayed tooth as good as new. "

MSH (melanocyte-stimulating hormone) is produced by the pituitary gland, and is known to help facilitate the growth of tooth and bone tissue.

Dental decay is caused by bacteria that live in the mouth and interact with sugar to create an acid that slowly eats away at tooth enamel. Eventually, most adults need to have dental work to repair cavities. Using fillings can be an imperfect solution, as they tend to get loose and fall out.

If and when the gel treatment becomes widely available, which some estimate to be in about three years, a new era of dental medicine will have begun. While the gel may not help people with severe tooth decay, the treatment promises to replace the drill-and-fill operation that has been standard procedure for treating cavities for decades. The process is time-consuming and painful, causing many people to avoid going to the dentist until their dental problems become extremely severe.

To be honest, I feel like the technology is already out there. I mean really, if we could get our hands on what Histogen already has it could help a LOT of people in this forum immensely but these companies have to jump through hoops to get any kind of product on the market. Propecia is relatively new itself coming out to the market in 97’ but what’s sad is I feel like scientists know how to do this but they are trying to perfect a product to give someone who is completely bald a full head of teenage density hair. Anyway, I’m hopeful that one of the techniques that Aderans has cooking will provide a lot of coverage and Histogen has already produced pictures that show a HUGE improvement with a very low dose and in very early initial testing that was only meant to see if the product was safe so keep your head up because it seems as though we’re getting there.

I agree, the raw technology to regrow hair already seems to exist. It’s just in the process of becoming legal and safe and polished into a commercial product.

Same with the tooth thing. Go to your local dentist tomorrow morning and you would still get a regular metal filling.

Blame the monetary system. Not a question of technology; rather its a question of profits.

» I agree, the raw technology to regrow hair already seems to exist. It’s
» just in the process of becoming legal and safe and polished into a
» commercial product.

»
»
» Same with the tooth thing. Go to your local dentist tomorrow morning and
» you would still get a regular metal filling.

The bold thing i guess is the only thing they are working on right now :slight_smile:

» Blame the monetary system. Not a question of technology; rather its a
» question of profits.

Well wrong. You know how much money you can make out of a baldness cure?

Its going for infinity cause there will always be hairloss

» I agree, the raw technology to regrow hair already seems to exist. It’s
» just in the process of becoming legal and safe and polished into a
» commercial product.
»
»
» Same with the tooth thing. Go to your local dentist tomorrow morning and
» you would still get a regular metal filling.

You know what, you’re dead right. Companies working on HM already have the power to regrow hair, they just want to improve/perfect it so it yields more capital. Until then, I just TRY to live my life hoping for the best yet not expecting anything anymore. I DO think it is POSSIBLE we will reap the benefits of this technology but I honestly don’t know… Either way hair-loss causes turmoil but all I do is tell myself despite this I want to live the best life I can. If we see a “cure” I would be happier than hell. Until then, It’s just a fight every day to lift yourself up.

» » Blame the monetary system. Not a question of technology; rather its a
» » question of profits.
»
» Well wrong. You know how much money you can make out of a baldness cure?
»
» Its going for infinity cause there will always be hairloss

Wrong and wrong.

First they need to market it in a way that can allow them to charge a ridiculous amount of money. I.e. a simple cream, even if it works, will never reach the market.

Second: baldness is temporary. It will not exist after gene therapy or germ-line therapy.

» » » Blame the monetary system. Not a question of technology; rather its a
» » » question of profits.
» »
» » Well wrong. You know how much money you can make out of a baldness
» cure?
» »
» » Its going for infinity cause there will always be hairloss
»
» Wrong and wrong.
»
» First they need to market it in a way that can allow them to charge a
» ridiculous amount of money. I.e. a simple cream, even if it works, will
» never reach the market.
»
» Second: baldness is temporary. It will not exist after gene therapy or
» germ-line therapy.

Baldness is temporary but there will always be new people with hairloss and a gene therapy well is far away.

And a burn victim, well even a gene therapy cannot help a person with severe burning wounds, there they have to work on growing hair from the scratch.

But thanks for your non existent knowledge, so lets watch Zeitgeist again and yell “911 was an inside job”

» » » » Blame the monetary system. Not a question of technology; rather its
» a
» » » » question of profits.
» » »
» » » Well wrong. You know how much money you can make out of a baldness
» » cure?
» » »
» » » Its going for infinity cause there will always be hairloss
» »
» » Wrong and wrong.
» »
» » First they need to market it in a way that can allow them to charge a
» » ridiculous amount of money. I.e. a simple cream, even if it works, will
» » never reach the market.
» »
» » Second: baldness is temporary. It will not exist after gene therapy or
» » germ-line therapy.
»
» Baldness is temporary but there will always be new people with hairloss
» and a gene therapy well is far away.
»
» And a burn victim, well even a gene therapy cannot help a person with
» severe burning wounds, there they have to work on growing hair from the
» scratch
»
» But thanks for your non existent knowledge, so lets watch Zeitgeist again
» and yell “911 was an inside job”

Go on random tangents some more. Who mentioned Zeitgeist anyway? Like I said, they need to market it in a way to maximize profits. Shutting the HT industry is not feasible.

Nice english btw. LOL.

» Like I said, they need to market it in a way to maximize profits.

Yeah, and the best way would be to pre-hype & pre-market such products immediately WORLDWIDE - and not local only:

Maybe that’s the reason why Dr. Washenik (Aderans/Unihair/Bosley) already sold his “five-bedroom, 3.5-bath home at 2383 Mount Olympus Dr. in Hollywood for $1.775 million”, to invest a large portion of his money in pretty cheap Aderans shares ?

http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/news/story/900038938-Bosley_medical_exec_lists_5BD_in_Hollywood_for_1_775M

Do you really think, that researchers, like Dr. Washenik, spent a large portion of their life just for peanuts salaries, as a focking labor-rat in the biotech industry ?

» » Like I said, they need to market it in a way to maximize profits.
»
»
» Yeah, and the best way would be to pre-hype & pre-market such products
» immediately WORLDWIDE - and not only local:
»
»

»
» Maybe that’s the reason why Dr. Washenik (Aderans/Unihair/Bosley) already
» sold his “five-bedroom, 3.5-bath home at 2383 Mount Olympus Dr. in
» Hollywood for $1.775 million”, to invest a large portion of his money in
» pretty cheap Aderans shares ?
»
» Bosley medical exec lists 5BD in Hollywood for $1.775M | BlockShopper.com
»
» Do you really think, that researchers, like Dr. Washenik, spent a large
» portion of their life just for peanuts salaries, as a focking labor-rat in
» the biotech industry ?

Ok now i think they are going to buy all the stocks they can get. Damn too late for me :slight_smile:

BTW see you guys in the plan in a few years, yeah my english sucks i know but i dont care.:smiley:

» » » Like I said, they need to market it in a way to maximize
» profits
» »
» »
» » Yeah, and the best way would be to pre-hype & pre-market such products
» » immediately WORLDWIDE - and not only local:
» »
» »

» »
» » Maybe that’s the reason why Dr. Washenik (Aderans/Unihair/Bosley)
» already
» » sold his “five-bedroom, 3.5-bath home at 2383 Mount Olympus Dr. in
» » Hollywood for $1.775 million”, to invest a large portion of his money
» in
» » pretty cheap Aderans shares ?
» »
» »
» Bosley medical exec lists 5BD in Hollywood for $1.775M | BlockShopper.com
» »
» » Do you really think, that researchers, like Dr. Washenik, spent a large
» » portion of their life just for peanuts salaries, as a focking labor-rat
» in