Getting a HT from Armani, am I in good hands?

Hey guys,

I’m very seriously considering a HT from Armani on the front 1/2 of my scalp for 3,000 - 3,500 grafts. Am I in good hands? What do you think about Armani saying I have 15,000 - 20,000 grafts available for transplant, but will never need more than 9,000 tops? I love his hairlines, what do you think? Also, my regimine is 1mg finasteride and saw palmetto daily. What else can I do? Rogaine seems to dry my scalp if I use it twice/day, should I try it just once/day? And what else is there… I need to keep what I have…

Hi Peter,

You remind me of myself 3 years back when I started wondering what doctor to chose and if I am going to be in good hands or not. I think your concerns are highly important and it’s great that you’re asking these questions prior to anything because believe me it really helps when you have your doctor set in mind and you’ve done all your research and spoke to his patients. It just makes you feel much more comfortable at the day of the surgery.

Let me begin by telling you that I am 2 weeks plus out of my surgery that was performed by Dr.Sara Armani at the Alvi Armani Clinic in Toronto Clinic. My surgery date was 23rd of May 2008. I will be posting my before and after procedure photos so you may want to keep me on your favorite list to look at my results and I will continue to post my results from month to month. I had 3552 FUE grafts transplanted to zone 1&2 and the main focus of the first procedure was to reconstruct my hairline since I’m a NW5. In 2 month mark I will be going in for my 2nd procedure to work more on zone 2 and 3 and I will be using 3448 FUE grafts to get the density that I want.

As far as your question about being in safe hands!
How about if I tell you that you’re not just in safe hands. If you don’t feel safe with Armani clinic I honestly don’t think you’ll feel safe with anyone out there. I was astonished by the excellence of their service and work. The procedure was painless although I was nervous prior to the procedure but I was confident with Dr. Armani and I got more confident knowing that everyone in the clinic is highly trained professionals. They care a lot about their patients and I felt that right away. It’s not a clinic where they’re trying to get you in and out quickly to get to the next patient. They take their time and they do excellent work. After the surgery I was provided with pain medications incase of any pain and I did not end up having to use any of the pain medications just the Antibiotics for the swelling. I’m now 2 weeks plus…no signs of pain or headaches and the healing is very fast and the results look very good… that tells me 1 thing…the procedure was performed very well!:slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any further questions of concerns about the Alvi Armani clinic and I will answer you from a patient perspective view:-) best of luck and keep in mind that I will be posting my pictures soon and you may want to check them out.

Rami
Session-1- 3552 FUE grafts
Propeica 1x Daily
Minoxidil 2x Daily
Saw Palmetto 2x Daily
Multi Vitamin 2x Daily

Hey Peter,

Speaking from my two surgeries from the point of view of someone who has gone through it twice as a patient, the care that the staff, the techs and Dr. Armani show before during and after surgery, including after month care and checkups well after surgery is really top notch. The clinic truly cares about its patients results and their happiness level. You are in superior hands.

Are you using liquid rogaine or the foam? I switched to the foam over a year ago and I swear by it. It doesn’t cause my scalp to get dry and itchy like the liquid did. It is also absorbs within a matter of minutes while the liquid took forever and left a sticky residue.

I think you are definitely in good hands with Dr Armani. I had 4,181 grafts done on February 11th of this year and things have gone very smooth so far. Dr Armani and his staff were top notch and tended to my every need. I’m starting to get some growth now, so I’m excited to see what the next couple months brings as things take off. I’m getting ready to update my blog with my 4 month photos this week, feel free to take a look.

The idea of having 15,000-20,000 FUE grafts to use is ludicrous. I mean, SERIOUSLY. This is like saying 1+1=5.

You can pay a doctor to poke 15-20,000 holes in your head, but that doesn’t mean you’ll really get 15-20,000 grafts growing out on top when it’s all said and done.

Find me a FUE-only patient from any clinic, any hair characteristics, any baldness pattern and progression, any number of surgeries, any number of grafts transplanted . . . Find me one that actually looks like he has ended up with more that about 4000-5000 grafts’ worth of improvement on his head.

» The idea of having 15,000-20,000 FUE grafts to use is ludicrous. I mean,
» SERIOUSLY. This is like saying 1+1=5.
»
» You can pay a doctor to poke 15-20,000 holes in your head, but that
» doesn’t mean you’ll really get 15-20,000 grafts growing out on top when
» it’s all said and done.
»
»
»
»
» Find me a FUE-only patient from any clinic, any hair characteristics, any
» baldness pattern and progression, any number of surgeries, any number of
» grafts transplanted . . . Find me one that actually looks like he has ended
» up with more that about 4000-5000 grafts’ worth of improvement on his head.

I just had 2200 fue after a 4339 strip and i clearly have several thousand more follicles that I can use without thinning my donor…Most people can get more grafts than you think.

I’ll say it again:

Find me a FUE-only patient from any clinic, any hair characteristics, any baldness pattern and progression, any number of surgeries, any number
of grafts transplanted . . . Find me one that actually looks like he has
ended up with more that about 4000-5000 grafts’ worth of improvement on his head.

» I’ll say it again:
»
»
» Find me a FUE-only patient from any clinic, any hair characteristics, any
» baldness pattern and progression, any number of surgeries, any number
» of grafts transplanted . . . Find me one that actually looks like he has
» ended up with more that about 4000-5000 grafts’ worth of improvement on
» his head.

So what ur implying is that only strip grafts will grow, and that fue doesnt work? I dont understand what ur looking for. The growth rate for Fue is approximately the same as strip grafts and uses the same basic concept as the old school plugs that grew, but looked like dolls hair. The only difference is they are placed in follicular units and look more natural now.