Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

FUSS (Scar) vs FUE (No Scar)

(Hi Guys,

I just wanted to show you the difference in the two procedures in terms of the donor area.
I had my 2nd procedure with Dr Armani on Wednesday & this time it was an FUE procedure.

The FUE procedure was so much better in terms of pain & healing (so far) - I have taken over 150 photos since being back in my room, but I forgot to pack my cable which connects my phone to a laptop & therefore will post the rest when im home on Tuesday.

I would 1000% recommend FUE over FUSS because of the advantages & also the less pain & faster healing.

Here is a photo that was taken by one of the team at Alvi Armani when I went for my clean up on day 1.

Even tho my scar doesnt bother me that much… when seeing this photo I do wish I had held out a few more years to have FUE for my 1st procedure, but the result I had changed my life, so the good massively outweighed the 1 bad point - The Scar.

Ouch, I am sorry but every time I see a scar like this it makes my crawl, do you feel anything when you touch that scar?

Hi Craig,

Absolutely no pain whatsoever but its just the image… Oviously I have only ever had my hair shaved down like this twice in my life…

The 1st was to see what I looked like with a shaved head before deciding to have a transplant.

The 2nd was this week when having my FUE procedure…

You can see this donor pic below that the scar isnt visible when the hair is at a grade 5 length:

Hi Dan, that is a great result!

I think that thise pics are so educational. They show the impact of such a scar which is quite minimal at the length you keep your hair.

You did not mention how many FUE grafts you had. Could you let us know?
Thanks,
marco.

Hi Marco,

I had 2027 FUE grafts during my 2nd procedure… I will be home on Tuesday & will document the entire experiece… I took over 150 photos since I have been in exile in my room…
I will cover everything in my thread which will be up in a few days.

Thanks

Dan

Looks similar to mine Dan, looks like your scar stretched a tad more then mine did.

» Looks similar to mine Dan, looks like your scar stretched a tad more then
» mine did.

Yeh probably due to the fact that I was pumping out heavier weights than you could lol!! :smiley:

No in all seriousness I should of waited longer before lifting weights again but still - I dont think its the worst scar from a donor area & its never visible when my hair is at its normal length etc.

Did Armani regularly peform Tricho closure?