FUE swelling

I am going for a FUE procedure at Dr. Armani’s clinic. I was wondering if anyone has a personal experience with the swelling from this procedure. How long after does it become present/occur? And for how many days? Any information would be helpful. I want to know get an idea for how much time I should take off of work. Thanks.

» I am going for a FUE procedure at Dr. Armani’s clinic. I was wondering if
» anyone has a personal experience with the swelling from this procedure.
» How long after does it become present/occur? And for how many days? Any
» information would be helpful. I want to know get an idea for how much time
» I should take off of work. Thanks.

Hi leong19,

I got swelling on the 3rd day and it lasted about 3 or 4 days. Generally the more pain killer you are given the more swelling that will be possible.
I didnt find it painful. I just looked like I had been a few rounds with Ali.
I work from my comp where ever and am based in Tokyo so I spent a whole month in LA after my procedure and worked from there. If you work in an office, I guess when to go back depends on what you want them to see. I personally didnt wear a hat until a month after the procedure. I guess if you dont mind others knowing youve had a procedure you could go back and around the one week mark, but depending on who you go with you will have certain post op care that may be a pain in the butt to do at work.
Anyway hope Ive helped.
Good Luck;-)

Hi guys,

I also had a FUE procedure last year. (also from the Armani clinic actually!) I had a same experience as “hairwhereiwantit”. The swelling started after about 2/3 days and only lasted like 3 days. In my case the swelling really wasn’t that bad so I didn’t look too funny. It really wasn’t very sore either. The whole thing was pretty easy. I took a week off of work but didn’t really need to take that long. Hope that helps. Good luck!!

Ash

I had 1 strip procedure and it had extreme swelling for about 5 days … the whole package black yellow eyes and it looked really bad.

I had 2 FUE treatments and did not have any swelling.

About 50% of our patients are reporting minor to medium swelling, never extreme swelling.
Maybe the fact that the overal FUE tissue damage is much easier for the body to repair it is producing less swelling?

Consultant for Prohairclinic
FUE only institute since 2004
Specialized in FUE megasessions

Thanks for the help…

I wish I could work from the computer :slight_smile: It would make the after care a lot easier. I took off two weeks from work so I am hoping the majority of the post op swelling/scabs will be all but finished when I return. It is good to hear that it is not painful also. That was a small worry of mine as well. Dr. Armani’s and his staff have been great and his clients I spoke with were up front about everything. Although I am told the procedure is almost painless, the concern still lingers a bit. I guess it is just human nature to be concerned. But I am still counting the days until September 3rd!!! Thanks again.

ash_p,

How many grafts did you have with Dr. Armani? I am trying to put together a personal journal for you.

Thanks.

» Thanks for the help…
»
» I wish I could work from the computer :slight_smile: It would make the after care a
» lot easier. I took off two weeks from work so I am hoping the majority of
» the post op swelling/scabs will be all but finished when I return. It is
» good to hear that it is not painful also. That was a small worry of mine as
» well. Dr. Armani’s and his staff have been great and his clients I spoke
» with were up front about everything. Although I am told the procedure is
» almost painless, the concern still lingers a bit. I guess it is just human
» nature to be concerned. But I am still counting the days until September
» 3rd!!! Thanks again.

The swelling rarely lasts more than 3 days. If you are going for FUE, there is no need to worry about pain. You will have some discomfort. But I wouldn’t call that pain by any means. Depending on the extent of your hair loss and how many grafts you are getting, you should be ok returning to work two weeks post op.

I had a 200 grafts FUE touch up procedure done a while back. I returned to work two days post op, literally just after a weekend.

I can set up a personal journal for you in the forum to document your progress. If you want, email me hairsite@aol.com your pictures or simply upload in the forum.

Good luck.

I took off two weeks just to be safe. I had a three day procedure and my face swelled pretty bad after the second day. Two days later I looked like my old self. I basically looked like someone squashed my face. But hey, everyone is different. You could have no swelling at all. When I had strip I had no swelling at all. In my FUE surgery I used some beard hair, so I had injections to the face, which could have caused the swelling.

Anyhow, good luck. It may be coincidence, but I slept propped up in bed and my wife insisted that caused the swelling to go down.

Contrary to what Bverotti suggested swelling is not dependent on the type of procedure you have and is not better or worse with FUE. It is dependent on how your body reacts to having a couple of thousand to several thousand tiny incisions made in your scalp. It also has to do with how much saline was used for tumescence, if any, and how fast your body absorbs this into the body.

Leong,

I just had my procedure done on 8/6/2008 with Dr. Armani in Toronto. The procedure was painless! I left back the same day and went to work the next day. I have no swelling on my face at all…look for my recent post I posted pictures same day and the next so you can kinda see how things look. My first procedure I had 3552 FUE on zone1 and my face did swell but with the crown work that I just did there is not swelling at all. Good Luck to you Dr. Armani is great so you should be just fine.

» Thanks for the help…
»
» I wish I could work from the computer :slight_smile: It would make the after care a
» lot easier. I took off two weeks from work so I am hoping the majority of
» the post op swelling/scabs will be all but finished when I return. It is
» good to hear that it is not painful also. That was a small worry of mine as
» well. Dr. Armani’s and his staff have been great and his clients I spoke
» with were up front about everything. Although I am told the procedure is
» almost painless, the concern still lingers a bit. I guess it is just human
» nature to be concerned. But I am still counting the days until September
» 3rd!!! Thanks again.
By far for me the worst part of the procedure was lying on my face for so many hours. After procedure the most painful part for me was applying the vit e on a regular basis.:slight_smile:
I wouldnt say the injections were painless though. But after the intial shock of the first injection you then know what to expect and they arent bad at all.

My swelling started about 36 hours after my procedure and was pretty much gone on day 4. My procedure was on Monday and I flew home on Friday, the swelling was pretty much undetectable at that point.

It is so nice to hear you had a great experience with Dr. Aramani. It makes me feel like I made the best choice, the choice I knew all along when deciding on the Fue procedure. It has been over a week for you now…how is everything going? I am interested in any updates.

That is a good tip to sleep propped up in bed. I may use my recliner so I don’t turn over. This site is new to me so I was suprised in hearing about the beard hair used during FUE. I have never heard of that and it is quite interesting.