FUE & STRIP Combination Surgery result by HDC MEDICAL - 4000 GRAFTS

Dear Forum Readers.
I would like to share with a great result documented last week. This is a three day combination surgery of 1500 FUE and 2500 STRIP that took place 1, 2 & 3 December 2009, male age 30. There is still some use for the old STRIP!

Photos of the procedure.

BEFORE

SECOND DAY:

THIRD DAY-END OF PROCEDURE:

POST OP 2 WEEKS:

30 DAYS:

RESULT AT 7 MONTHS:

HDC results are great in my view. This guy is not the average though. He still has some reasonable coverage and he is a VI / V and his donor could be extracted from a wide safe area. All the same, its great to see full coverage in one session (even if it is a multiday).

One other question, if the patient was completely bald prior to surgery, would the result have been at least as good (realistically) as his pre-transplant pics?

I like the front , it blends in perfectly, what I don’t udnerstand is why he did both fue and strip at the same time? what’s the point in doing that? it’s almost like defeating the whole idea of having fue if you are still going to wind up with a strip scar.

» I like the front , it blends in perfectly, what I don’t udnerstand is why
» he did both fue and strip at the same time? what’s the point in doing that?
» it’s almost like defeating the whole idea of having fue if you are still
» going to wind up with a strip scar.

That’s the only way if you want the maximum # of grafts in 1 session.

» I like the front , it blends in perfectly, what I don’t udnerstand is why
» he did both fue and strip at the same time? what’s the point in doing that?
» it’s almost like defeating the whole idea of having fue if you are still
» going to wind up with a strip scar.

What happened in this case is that the patient had an FUE procedure in another clinic prior to his surgery with HDC, this is the main reason because we were able to obtain only 2.500 grafts from the strip so in order to get a reasonable amount with which to cover his baldness the combination of FUE and Strip was the only way to go.

Here is an update of his 9 month post-op.

9 MONTHS:

BEFORE:

I don’t like strip. Its eliminates the last refuge for a guy who’s balding - which is to shave his head or keep it very short.

» I don’t like strip. Its eliminates the last refuge for a guy who’s balding
» - which is to shave his head or keep it very short.

Hi Freddy, maybe this could happen to those patients who had been butchered but for the patient of this thread as you can see the scar its not a big deal, the photos shown the area and how of difficult is to find any sign that indicates that there are a scar, but is truth that Strip is not for everybody, as FUE is not for everybody either.

Thank you for the comments,

Escar.