FUE recovery time

Hi,

I am planning a small amount of FUE ina month or so(approx 1500 hairs). I have a good head of hair and its just to fill in a small amount of recession. My hair is also fairly long on top and should have decent growth at the back by the time of the procedure. I know an area of approx 15cm x 3cm needs to be shaved at the back. My question is will 10 days off work following the procedure be enough time for healing and enough regrowth in the donor area so that it does not look like i have had a procedure. This is the only aspect that im worried about(i had strip before but had over three weeks off work). Also will the donor area be left noticeably much less dense when it grows back. Thanks

get some Toppick or whatever ahead of time just in case you need it.

» get some Toppick or whatever ahead of time just in case you need it.

Thanks

10 days isn’t a great deal of time. You usually have to leave the scabs after surgery in place for that period of time. After that point there will still be a bit of redness in the recipient area. The location of the recipient site plays a major role e.g. if its in the crown then it is easier to disguise or cover up than the front hairline or temples.

Given the small number of grafts I don’t imagine the donor will be over-taxed, but that is presuming that the extractions are appropriately spaced apart.

I had 3100 FUE and my donor is only now starting to recover (7 weeks after procedure). However, even now there is noticeable diffuse thinning in the donor area. It might be shock loss so I really have to wait another month before getting a better idea. However, a month back I was very anxious my donor was totally fcked.

Anyway, you really should be posing all these questions to your doctor and making sure you clearly understand the answers…even if it means asking him/her a dozen times. I would also ask the question about Toppik or any other cover-up since it might compromise growth and at the very least any responsibility on the doctor’s work.

» » get some Toppick or whatever ahead of time just in case you need it.
»
» Thanks