FUE question

Hello,

I have some questions about the FUE surgeries, and I hope someone in the forum can answer these:

• When the hair is extracted from the donor area it lefts a dot (lack of the hair and skin). This dot will heal and left a white dot. This isn’t a major problem because the rest of the hair of the donor area will hide these white dots. But if I shave the donor area and I take a sun bath, the lack of pigment in these dots will make it visible? (because the contrast of the color skin).

• Also I want to know the same for the body hair. I know that there are some parts of the body that heals better than others (in terms of FUE scar), but I don’t know if the lack of pigment can make the same effect that I asked in the first question.

Thanks!

» - When the hair is extracted from the donor area it lefts a dot (lack of
» the hair and skin). This dot will heal and left a white dot. This isn’t a
» major problem because the rest of the hair of the donor area will hide
» these white dots. But if I shave the donor area and I take a sun bath, the
» lack of pigment in these dots will make it visible? (because the contrast
» of the color skin).

White dots can happen. However, it may not necessarily happen to every patient. Some people heal very nicely with just a natural gap between follicles.

As for exposure to the sun causing the white dots more visible, I have not heard from any FUE patients who reported that being a problem.

»
» - Also I want to know the same for the body hair. I know that there are
» some parts of the body that heals better than others (in terms of FUE
» scar), but I don’t know if the lack of pigment can make the same effect
» that I asked in the first question.
»
» Thanks!

Donor area for Body Hair Transplant (BHT) tends to heal very nicely for most patients. As far as I know, almost all incidences of white dots are restricted to scalp donor. I have yet seen white dots on BHT donor site at this point.

I have no scarring whatsoever from scalp FUE extractions, the only area of concern I believe, may be facial hair?