FUE - new candidate

Hi,
I have been following this forum for several months now and have finally embarked on my journey towards more hair on my head.

I have finalised a doctor in India - Dr R (very well known through a cousin of mine who is a doctor). I am not willing to name him yet - but will do so later. Dr R is a very skilled and experienced cosmetic surgeon with advanced degrees in General Surgery, Craniofacial surgery and Aesthetic Surgery.

I have attached my pics here. This is as of 2 weeks ago. I have started supplements from today 4 Jan (Minoxidil (2%), Propecia (1 mg) as well as a host of other general supplements.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Dr R calculates hair as per hair and not per graft. The reason he gives for this is that a graft can contain anywhere from 1 to 3 hair. Is this calculation normal?

2. Dr R can do 1000 - 1200 hair per session and recommends that I have 3 sessions, each spread 6 months apart. Based on my attached pics, will this do it for me? Please note that I am looking to continue maintaining a shaved or near to shaved look as it suits me. I just want it to look like I have more hair, therefore density is not a very big issue.

I look forward to your opinions. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
ReN

»
» I have a couple of questions:
»
» 1. Dr R calculates hair as per hair and not per graft. The reason he gives
» for this is that a graft can contain anywhere from 1 to 3 hair. Is this
» calculation normal?
»
» 2. Dr R can do 1000 - 1200 hair per session and recommends that I have 3
» sessions, each spread 6 months apart. Based on my attached pics, will this
» do it for me? Please note that I am looking to continue maintaining a
» shaved or near to shaved look as it suits me. I just want it to look like I
» have more hair, therefore density is not a very big issue.

if he counts hair as per hair and not per graft and if he asks money from you per hair then you are going to be cheated (overpayed). i understood that all docs ask money per graft and it doesn’t matter how much hair any graft contains.

btw… i know that all docs document their surgeries and they put there how many hair each graft consisted, for example:
2500 grafts transplanted
1500 grafts = 1 hair
800 grafts = 2 hair
200 grafts = 3 hair

total: 3700 hair

» if he counts hair as per hair and not per graft and if he asks money from
» you per hair then you are going to be cheated (overpayed). i understood
» that all docs ask money per graft and it doesn’t matter how much hair any
» graft contains.
»
» btw… i know that all docs document their surgeries and they put there
» how many hair each graft consisted, for example 1 graft = 500 hair, 2 graft
» = 300 hair, 3 graft = 59 hair etc…

KRAPOK: The costing is not an issue. Just wanted to find out if it’s a usual practice to mention hair instead of graft. Mind you, I still think per hair is a fairer costing as the number of hair in each graft is different but you pay the same per graft.

My query is more whether 3000 hair will be enough for me to carry on the shaved/buzzed look with the appearance of more hair :slight_smile:

i made a little changes in my post where i described better those grafts/hair things. I think 3000 hair is little to whole of your head. with 3000 grafts you can fill frontal and maybe some mid area and its going to be look ok. 3000 grafts might be 5000 or maybe even more hair.

» i made a little changes in my post where i described better those
» grafts/hair things. I think 3000 hair is little to whole of your head. with
» 3000 grafts you can fill frontal and maybe some mid area and its going to
» be look ok. 3000 grafts might be 5000 or maybe even more hair.

Krapok: Just saw your pics after your last 1500 graft session and your hairline and overall hair appearance is superb! I would be happy if mine turns out half as good :smiley:

Even if you take the outside in my case, it’s 1200 hair x 3 sessions = 3600 hair. I am myself not convinced that this is enough, which is the reason I have posted here so I can get feedback from guys who got HT done at a similar stage of baldness.

Also perhaps hoping that if I continue the shaved/buzzed look then 3600 hair will give me enough coverage to get away from looking too ‘bald’.

Cheers,
ReN

» » i made a little changes in my post where i described better those
» » grafts/hair things. I think 3000 hair is little to whole of your head.
» with
» » 3000 grafts you can fill frontal and maybe some mid area and its going
» to
» » be look ok. 3000 grafts might be 5000 or maybe even more hair.
»
» Krapok: Just saw your pics after your last 1500 graft session and your
» hairline and overall hair appearance is superb! I would be happy if mine
» turns out half as good :smiley:
»
» Even if you take the outside in my case, it’s 1200 hair x 3 sessions =
» 3600 hair. I am myself not convinced that this is enough, which is the
» reason I have posted here so I can get feedback from guys who got HT done
» at a similar stage of baldness.
»
» Also perhaps hoping that if I continue the shaved/buzzed look then 3600
» hair will give me enough coverage to get away from looking too ‘bald’.
»
» Cheers,
» ReN

where did you saw my HT pics? :slight_smile: i haven’t got any HT yet but i need it. my hairline is crap and top of my head looks thin too :frowning:

» where did you saw my HT pics? :slight_smile: i haven’t got any HT yet but i need it.
» my hairline is crap and top of my head looks thin too :frowning:

Sorry Kropak, I was going through your profile and posts and saw the post http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-61673.html#p61729 and thought it was yours :slight_smile:

Well, we’ll both have that hairline one day :smiley:

Cheers,
ReN

REN

If you have 3 sessions of 1,200 grafts that would come to 3,600 grafts. You have alot of space to cover. You may want to look at cases similar to yours and see how many grafts they received and what coverage they got.

Since you are choosing FUE it will allow you to keep your hair buzzed down short which is good.

Are you looking to have the whole head done? Or starting at the hairline and going as far back as possible??

» REN
»
» If you have 3 sessions of 1,200 grafts that would come to 3,600 grafts.
» You have alot of space to cover. You may want to look at cases similar to
» yours and see how many grafts they received and what coverage they got.
»
» Since you are choosing FUE it will allow you to keep your hair buzzed down
» short which is good.
»
» Are you looking to have the whole head done? Or starting at the hairline
» and going as far back as possible??

Pats205: Thanks for the post. Just saw your blog and your HT looks great - fantastic job by Dr Armani. Your hair loss wasn’t as bad as mine and you had a total of 6,460 grafts. I’m having half the coverage for about 30% more loss. I am working on the crown area and also the front hair line, though I am going in for a hair line that I would naturally have at 42 (I am currently 37). Plus, I am going in for a shaved/buzzed look so hopefully I should be able to give the illusion of having more hair with less density and to stop the lights shining off my head :slight_smile:

At this stage, I am not really sure if 3600 hair (about 2000 grafts) will do it for me.

Cheers,
ReN

To pee or not to pee, that is the question

Hi Ren,

I did have alot of grafts for sure. I really wanted a full crown as well as full coverage and a stylable hairline with temple closure. That took two large procedures.

» Hi Ren,
»
» I did have alot of grafts for sure. I really wanted a full crown as well
» as full coverage and a stylable hairline with temple closure. That took two
» large procedures.
and I think that would really cost a lot.

ReN

Have you seen this case? He was similar to yours. He had 7,000 grafts

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-61059-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

» Hi,
» I have been following this forum for several months now and have finally
» embarked on my journey towards more hair on my head.
»
» I have finalised a doctor in India - Dr R (very well known through a
» cousin of mine who is a doctor). I am not willing to name him yet - but
» will do so later. Dr R is a very skilled and experienced cosmetic surgeon
» with advanced degrees in General Surgery, Craniofacial surgery and
» Aesthetic Surgery.
»
» I have attached my pics here. This is as of 2 weeks ago. I have started
» supplements from today 4 Jan (Minoxidil (2%), Propecia (1 mg) as well as a
» host of other general supplements.
»
» I have a couple of questions:
»
» 1. Dr R calculates hair as per hair and not per graft. The reason he gives
» for this is that a graft can contain anywhere from 1 to 3 hair. Is this
» calculation normal?
»
» 2. Dr R can do 1000 - 1200 hair per session and recommends that I have 3
» sessions, each spread 6 months apart. Based on my attached pics, will this
» do it for me? Please note that I am looking to continue maintaining a
» shaved or near to shaved look as it suits me. I just want it to look like I
» have more hair, therefore density is not a very big issue.
»
» I look forward to your opinions. Thanks in advance.
»
» Cheers,
» ReN
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»

Hi ReN,

After a quick look at your photos, I see that you are suffering from a class 5 hair loss pattern that may be moving toward further hair loss in the crown area. It is a good idea to begin medical therapy because it will elongate the thinning process in the crown. An objective for using medication is to prolong the existence of native hair in the crown so that the perimeter of your crown does not expand. Minoxidil and finasteride are probably the most common non-surgical venues to combat hair loss. However, I can email you other non-surgical, natural hair loss solutions along with Dr. Cole’s professional opinion of your case. Simply email me at webmaster@forhair.com and I will reply with a complimentary recommendation specifically for you from our medical director, Dr. John Cole, MD. With CIT, we typically move more hair per graft (2.9 hairs) than most reputable FUE clinics in the world. Remember, about 80% of males will see that Propecia (U.S. FDA approved finasteride) has maintained their hair. There are some side effects that you should know, but please do investigate ALL possible risks/side effects when you have a free moment of time.

As for your questions… The average patient with your hair characteristics will have about 170 hairs per sq. cm. in the donor area. Straighter hair will give you less coverage value per hair. So if you have curlier hair, each hair would provide more coverage value for you. To maximize your donor resource, we would selectively choose to harvest the best follicular units that you have available in your donor area. I have seen 3000 CIT provide a great amount of coverage for patients who suffer from major androgenic hair loss. Today, in our surgical suite, we have harvested many 6 to 7 hair follicular units in just one patient’s donor area.

More than one session would be very beneficial as many of the patients that we have seen are satisfied with one session or with one session and a smaller follow-up session at about 8 months post-op. At about 8 months post-op, more than half of the transplanted hairs should be visible and we can avoid destroying the previously transplanted hairs. Honestly, on a daily basis, I personally witness patients getting better monetary value by the graft, and not by the hair. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindly,

CIT

Pats205: I have seen Stephen’s post and his results look great.

CIT: I have already started on Minoxidil and Propecia along with a host of other amino acids and other general supplementation to improve quality of existing hair. I actually have pretty curly hair. I split my time between Hong Kong and India so it’s obviously more convenient not to mention cost-effective to look for a solution locally. Facilities and expertise in India are on par with anywhere else in the world if you know where to go.

Like I mentioned in my first post, I trust Dr R completely - I will check all of the above points with him and post again with his replies. Once again, thanks so much!

» Pats205: I have seen Stephen’s post and his results look great.
»

Ren, I think you could learn alot from his case. He went for the look you are hoping to obtain. He had similar hairloss to yourself.

You can see how many grafts he had and the final result.

Ren,

Do you mind emailing me Dr. R’s contact info? I am also looking for a transplant in India. Or private messaging me? Please let me know, also, I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I dont need a full head of hair, just want to look like im not going bald because I keep my head shaved with a razor. Please let me know.

» Pats205: I have seen Stephen’s post and his results look great.
»
» CIT: I have already started on Minoxidil and Propecia along with a
» host of other amino acids and other general supplementation to improve
» quality of existing hair. I actually have pretty curly hair. I split my
» time between Hong Kong and India so it’s obviously more convenient not to
» mention cost-effective to look for a solution locally. Facilities and
» expertise in India are on par with anywhere else in the world if you know
» where to go.
»
» Like I mentioned in my first post, I trust Dr R completely - I will check
» all of the above points with him and post again with his replies. Once
» again, thanks so much!
Do you suppose most members here Are biased toward Dr. R or is it because
he or she doesnt have Much popularity? last one, Could Dr. R provide you with The
answers to your question?

savemylife1: Sorry I couldn’t get back to you earlier, I have been away on business and will only get back in town next week. I will be checking the above points with Dr R and if he’s OK with it, I will PM his contact details to you.

mwinston: From my research on this forum and other similar ones such as I do not believe Dr R is known as yet in these forums. He is fairly low-key. I do not have a problem with disclosing his identity, but would like his OK before I do so.

Cheers,
ReN