FUE is here to stay

» White dots still look worlds better than a strip scar, IMO.

I agree with you Jtelecom. Those FUE scars are some of the worst I have seen, and there are probably some out there than are worse than that. Thats why it is so important to choose a top clinic if you are considering FUE. If you do decide to get an HT via strip, you need to to choose a top clinic as well and they need to inform you of some of the ramifications that come with a strip HT. Years ago when mega sessions were first being offered, some of the top clinics got a huge amount of heat for offering procedures like that. I think we are at the same point with FUE now. Hopefully one day the strip scar and any type of scarring will be a thing of the past concerning HT’s.

» » White dots still look worlds better than a strip scar, IMO.
»
» I agree with you Jtelecom. Those FUE scars are some of the worst I have
» seen, and there are probably some out there than are worse than that. Thats
» why it is so important to choose a top clinic if you are considering FUE.

Joe thanks for posting those photos. Those are great examples of what can happen if FUE is not performed correctly. When in the hands of an experienced FUE doctor there should be little to no visible scarring. Below each patient had over 4,000 grafts exctracted.

ex 1

ex 2 (in this example you can see the strip scar showing through. This is from the patients previous procedure before having FUE)

Speaking from experience. I have had both strip and Fue and the difference between the two recovery wise is night and day. The night after having my strip procedure my head was throbbing and I felt alot of pressure and pain i nthe donor area. The first two weeks were very uncomfortable. I was out of the gym for over 3 months in fear of stretching my scar.

The night after my FUE procedure I felt pretty darn good. My donor area was tender but there was none of the sharp pain or throbbing that I experienced after my strip surgery. 7 days later I was 90% recovered. I was back in the gym 14 days later.

Healing time is much much faster with FUE.

There is alot less pain after FUE then there is with strip.

I can’t comment on the recovery from strip, as I’ve never had it… but I must say that I was feeling pretty darn good the day after FUE surgery. I was making dinner and cleaning. And the donor area was virtually undetectable after about 14 days, and that was with the hair very very short…

Some examples of FUE healing >

10 days after 1800 FUE

7 days after 3000 grafts

Sides shaved down do Zero a couple of months after the procedure

Just 48 hours after 3000 FUE

…and Strip loses the battle

» Speaking from experience. I have had both strip and Fue and the difference
» between the two recovery wise is night and day. The night after having my
» strip procedure my head was throbbing and I felt alot of pressure and pain
» i nthe donor area. The first two weeks were very uncomfortable. I was out
» of the gym for over 3 months in fear of stretching my scar.
»
» The night after my FUE procedure I felt pretty darn good. My donor area
» was tender but there was none of the sharp pain or throbbing that I
» experienced after my strip surgery. 7 days later I was 90% recovered. I was
» back in the gym 14 days later.
»
» Healing time is much much faster with FUE.
»
» There is alot less pain after FUE then there is with strip.

Well i just wanna first state that i consider strip “frankestein style surgery” compared to the dots from FUE even at this worst case scenario

On the other hand the BS about no scarring and a breaze to recover has to stop its surgery and jotronic is right to state it and also he posted very “clear pictures of FUE scarring” … most of the pictures that i saw in an effort to counteract jotronics photos are worthless because of hairlength and lighting in most (except the last one from bverotti)…

» Well i just wanna first state that i consider strip “frankestein style
» surgery” compared to the dots from FUE even at this worst case scenario
»
» On the other hand the BS about no scarring and a breaze to recover has to
» stop its surgery and jotronic is right to state it and also he posted very
» “clear pictures of FUE scarring” … most of the pictures that i saw in an
» effort to counteract jotronics photos are worthless because of hairlength
» and lighting in most (except the last one from bverotti)…

The photos that I posted clearly show just how short you can have your hair without any sign of having a procedure. Heck, in the 2nd example I posted you can clearyly see the patients strip scarr but you cannot tell he had FUE.

The point is, not only is FUE much easier to go thru with quicker recover time, if done correctly it allows you to keep your hair very very short if you wish without any scarring show. An option you will NEVER have if you have a strip procedure.

»
» The point is, not only is FUE much easier to go thru with quicker recover
» time, if done correctly it allows you to keep your hair very very short if
» you wish without any scarring show. An option you will NEVER have if you
» have a strip procedure.

Yeah we all know that and i agree who said something different?the guy that Joe posted i doubt he will have any significant scarring showing if he leaves his hair a bit longer.

I am just saying we should compare pictures with hair of the same length and upclose like in the photos of Joe which are high quality and very revealing to see the scarring of FUE…because there is scarring there is no doubt about that!We want to see the scarring of good FUE not how it can become invinsible!!!

Those who had FUE , did you experience swelling too just like strip?

» Those who had FUE , did you experience swelling too just like strip?

I had close to no swelling after my FUE treatment however I had MAJOR swelling after strip surgery.
When I speak to our patients that had previous strip surgery there seems to be a consistancy in such that FUE causes much less swelling overall.
I guess it just has to do with the body reacting to major surgery like a strip operation or minimal invasive microsurgery like FUE.

Consultant for Prohairclinic Belgium
FUE only institute since 2004
Specialized in FUE megasessions

Have all look at the video :
Taken only 10 days after his last FUE treatment, in total 5500 grafts where removed from his donor.

http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?MovieID=347326

Can anybody here post a video of a strip surgery scar shown 10 days after the surgery with hair buzzed at about 3-4 mm ???

Thank you:-)

The notion of FUE causing less swelling than strip is utter nonsense and is another falsehood pushed by the FUE only clinics in their FUD campaign. Swelling has to do with two factors.

1. The doctor. This breaks down into a few sub-categories such as
    a. the tools he uses for recipient site creation
    b. whether or not tumescence is used and if so how much

2. How the patient’s body reacts to trauma. Two main factors cause swelling at this point.
    a. How fast the body can absorb any amount of tumescence used. Tumescence is a procedure in which the doctor will inject copious amounts of saline into the recipient area in order to “puff” it up. This allows for better dense packing. The more you pump in the more the body has to absorb. Incidentally tumescence is also common in the donor area for both strip and FUE.
    b. How much edema the patient will produce as a natural response to physical trauma. Edema is a fluid regularly produced by the body in response to trauma. You twist your knee? It swells up because of edemic fluid buildup. This is the clear yellowish fluid you see when you have your knee drained.

That is it. For reference you can look at Burberry here…

and Coscanoer here…

These are perfect examples of how swelling has no preference for which procedure was performed. They both had FUE and they both had so much swelling that their eyes were either shut or almost shut from being swollen.

Please stop this BS presentation of how FUE is so much superior than strip in EVERY conceivable way. It is not only disingenuous, it is in fact a bold faced lie.

Joe is absolutely correct. Regardless if you choose FUE or Strip you still have the swelling.

Joe, can you let us know who performed the FUE procedure that left the scarring?

I am sorry Jo, but I respectfully disagree.
We have a routine of calling or inviting our patients 1 to 2 weeks after their session. During this conversation we ask for Post OP swelling.
We never ever have had such cases where patients eye lids closed, turned black.
I am sorry pal, but unless proven otherwise I stand by what I have posted before because it is fully based on OUR experience (I can not speak of other clinics)

Ps > we dont even use steriods or other stuff to avoid swelling.

Almost all the Armani fue patients said they had swelling, I didn’t make that up, read their posts.

» Almost all the Armani fue patients said they had swelling, I didn’t make
» that up, read their posts.

For me, I had some facial swelling from my first procedure because I had work done in the front. I did not have any swelling from my 2nd procedure because the work was done in the back. It did not have anything to do with Fue or Fuss.

I stand behind my remarks that Fue is a much easier procedure to go through and recovery time is dramticaly quicker then strip. I have been through both.

However, swelling can occur with either technique if hairline work is done. The swelling passes within a few days and did not hurt.

Bart,

Let’s examine this a bit closer. Earlier in this thread in your first response you touch on the growth issues with FUE with the following comment;

"Among surgeons there is no doubt that FUE grafts are giving equal regrowth than strip grafts, provided both are performed correctly. If you find this statement to be false then I urge you to visit the next ISHRS meeting and ask all reputable docs (I have already done so). "

Then in your last response to me you give us this comment;

“I am sorry pal, but unless proven otherwise I stand by what I have posted before because it is fully based on OUR experience (I can not speak of other clinics)”

So, you have no problem quoting others in the field when it serves your purpose but when I show the goods with regards to swelling you throw the “our experience” card on the table. The problem here is that no one knows if your patients have swelling like other clinics REGARDLESS of technique because none of your patients post on their own to begin with. There is no way to prove or disprove your statements. I did note however that you said your patients do not have swelling that causes “eyes shutting or eyes turning black”. You did not say that your patients do not experience swelling or bad swelling.

Bottom line is, this is just another smoke and mirrors presentation that gives our industry a bad name.

To all, regardless of what procedure you choose understand that even if your “consultant” tells you that there is no swelling use your common sense and still be prepared for it. It will not cause problems for the grafts, only for your social life for about three days.

I had swelling after my procedure, but it wasn’t that bad… It kicked in about 24 hours after my procedure and was gone about 2 1/2 days later… 2 1/2 days of swelling isn’t too bad… This is me about 2 or 3 days post op, and that was the worst it got…