FUE into scar Cole or Umar?

If you had to choose who would you go with to perform FUE in a prior strip scar with goal of cutting hair shorter in future Cole or Umar?

It depends on whether Cole has perfected PRP Acell for scar.

I am looking to get the same done and personally I will use body or beard grafts as donor, Dr. Umar seems to have done more work using body/beard grafts.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by NeverAgain[/postedby]
I am looking to get the same done and personally I will use body or beard grafts as donor, Dr. Umar seems to have done more work using body/beard grafts.[/quote]

Dr. Umar has done a lot more work with body hair than Dr. Cole has. It’s not even close.

Dr. Cole has extensive experience in performing FUE into donor scars. Body hair, scalp hair, or both can be used to camouflage a strip scar. His results are fantastic and natural looking. FUE and SMP can also be used together to improve strip scars. Dr. Cole is a leader of FUE and was the 1st US physician to perform this method of hair transplant. His patient results are second to none. To see some of his patient results, visit his clinic website at: http://www.forhair.com/hair-transplant-photos/scar-grafting/

• rapulzel also posts as aphrodite and works at Dr. Cole’s office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant Group - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

“Dr. Umar has done a lot more work with body hair than Dr. Cole has. It’s not even close.”

and you based it on what? pictures? Dr. Cole was the first in the US to start with body hair so it’s been 12 year since he started, do the math

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by CITNews[/postedby]
“Dr. Umar has done a lot more work with body hair than Dr. Cole has. It’s not even close.”

and you based it on what? pictures? Dr. Cole was the first in the US to start with body hair so it’s been 12 year since he started, do the math[/quote]

Why would I base it on pictures? I would far rather base it on results, and the results speak for themselves.

Cole dabbling in beard and body hair for 12 years is one thing, but he cannot touch the body of work produced by Umar over that same period.

No contest.

Here is my opinion:
I worked at Dr. Cole’s office for a few years taking patient photos and posting in the forums. Beard hair works great BTW. I met nearly every patient Dr. Cole worked on and in the time I was at his office, saw many patients who were worked on by other doctors. Very few patients who came through the door, worked on by other doctors had a natural appearing result. Getting hair to grow is the easy part. Achieving a natural result seems to elude so many doctors and there really is a lot more to the artistic side of hair transplantation than appears on the surface. Look up Northeastguy’s result. We even posted video of the extractions with the PCID. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Seeing what I’ve seen over the years and understanding the mechanics and artistic side of FUE, including beard, I recommend Dr. Cole.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by nthmainneighbor[/postedby]
Here is my opinion:
I worked at Dr. Cole’s office for a few years taking patient photos and posting in the forums. Beard hair works great BTW. I met nearly every patient Dr. Cole worked on and in the time I was at his office, saw many patients who were worked on by other doctors. Very few patients who came through the door, worked on by other doctors had a natural appearing result. Getting hair to grow is the easy part. Achieving a natural result seems to elude so many doctors and there really is a lot more to the artistic side of hair transplantation than appears on the surface. Look up Northeastguy’s result. We even posted video of the extractions with the PCID. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Seeing what I’ve seen over the years and understanding the mechanics and artistic side of FUE, including beard, I recommend Dr. Cole.[/quote]

I see that Dr. Cole is also offering SMP now, but what s the point if the ink is temporary? Any reason why people go for SMP instead of using real FUE grafts to fix the strip scar?

[quote]
I see that Dr. Cole is also offering SMP now, but what s the point if the ink is temporary? Any reason why people go for SMP instead of using real FUE grafts to fix the strip scar?[/quote]

I haven’t worked at Dr. Cole’s since the beginning of 2015, so I am not familiar with his current SMP product. I prefer hair myself and would not get SMP.

I wasted $36,000 on a mix of FUE and BHT with Dr. Cole, and none of the grafts grew. It was a huge ripoff.

Dr. Cole also has some ethical issues (for example he’s been penalized with huge disciplinary fines by the Georgia State Medical Examiner’s Office (in 2010) and the California State Medical Board (in 2011). These were serious penalties ($20,000) and Dr. Cole didn’t contest the charges. You can find this information online, it is public knowledge (sometimes disciplinary actions are hidden from the public, but not this time).

Cole certainly has some happy patients, I’m not saying he doesn’t have any. But if you do some research, there are way too many Cole patients like me - guys who feel like they were ripped off - to ever recommend him.

Also, when employees of the Cole clinic chime in to recommend Cole, that should be a huge red flag. That’s kind of sleazy.

Thread with my story is here:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-131360-page-0-order-last_answer-category-2.html

Wow, I’ve not seen you post for a long time arfy - those were the days when I was naive enough to believe I was a standard HT candidate and the future for hair loss sufferers looked really exciting - little did we know…

I hope you are doing well :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comments arfy, I had issues with Cole as well although I only wasted ten grand for my session. Curious if you have gotten your situation sorted out, good to see you posting again.

If it makes you feel better, I know of two others who spent more than you and had no growth. Small consolation, I know. I think Cole can take a NW 1 or 2 and make him look great, but he has no clue on how to repair someone. I’ve almost never seen any successful repairs from the guy in all my time on these forums.

Thanks guys.

No, my problems with Dr. Cole have never been resolved.

Arfy, what would you recommend for strip scar repair? I have a scar that goes across the back of my head, the typical smiley face scar, about 1 inch wide.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by stitchmeup[/postedby]
Arfy, what would you recommend for strip scar repair? I have a scar that goes across the back of my head, the typical smiley face scar, about 1 inch wide.[/quote]

I have no idea what you should do. I try not to make specific recommendations to people, because I’ve seen how that can backfire (I had somebody urging me to use Dr. Cole). I also have very little positive experience to draw from, when making recommendations. I have more experience with the crooks and the quacks and the liars. You should make a new thread about your question.