FUE Extraction questions

I’m starting to consult with Drs on a small FUE procedure. I know Woods is adamant that the whole surgery should be done by a doctor while Armani lets his techs do most of the extractions. So I’ve got a few questions that I could use some input on.

1)What is the industry standard for who does the donor extractions, the surgeon or techs?..does it matter?

1. What is the policy of the docs most discussed on this board regarding who does the donor extractions? Who scores the punch and who extracts the graft, doc or tech?

2. What is industry standard for transection rate for FUE procedures…I’ve read Cole claims 0%-2% transection, which seems a bit ridiculous…what can I realistically expect?

3. Has anyone had an FUE procedure with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein of Miami? I consulted with him, really liked him and his conservative approach (didn’t try to sell me hard at all), and have seen a number of his strip patients in person, which i thought were totally undetectable, but I am hard pressed to find online cases of his FUE procedures.

» I’m starting to consult with Drs on a small FUE procedure. I know Woods is
» adamant that the whole surgery should be done by a doctor while Armani lets
» his techs do most of the extractions. So I’ve got a few questions that I
» could use some input on.
»
» 1)What is the industry standard for who does the donor extractions, the
» surgeon or techs?..does it matter?
»
» 2) What is the policy of the docs most discussed on this board regarding
» who does the donor extractions? Who scores the punch and who extracts the
» graft, doc or tech?
»
» 3) What is industry standard for transection rate for FUE
» procedures…I’ve read Cole claims 0%-2% transection, which seems a bit
» ridiculous…what can I realistically expect?
»
» 4) Has anyone had an FUE procedure with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein of Miami? I
» consulted with him, really liked him and his conservative approach (didn’t
» try to sell me hard at all), and have seen a number of his strip patients
» in person, which i thought were totally undetectable, but I am hard pressed
» to find online cases of his FUE procedures.

I thought doctors are supposed to at least do all the extractions themselves

Where do FUE extractions generally come from? Back of the head like strips? Or do they do more nape of the neck extractions?

» I’m starting to consult with Drs on a small FUE procedure. I know Woods is
» adamant that the whole surgery should be done by a doctor while Armani lets his techs do most of the extractions. So I’ve got a few questions that I
» could use some input on.
»

This is a good question Brock, but just to elaborate. Techs assist Dr. Armani with the extractions. Just as techs would assist in a strip (FUSS) procedure when it comes to dissecting the grafts under magnification from the strip.

Dr. Armani plans the entire FUE hair transplant, which involves drawing the hairline, selecting which part of the donor area is to be extracted including judging the depth and angle of each follicular unit. This leads to a higher graft survival rate and lower incidence of poor growth.

It’s then determined how many one-hair, two-hair and three-hair follicular units should be transplanted into selected areas of the scalp and how closely together the follicular units should be implanted, depending on the density requested by the patient.

Just an in strip (FUSS), a highly-specialized FUE team assists Dr. Armani during the procedure.

» » I’m starting to consult with Drs on a small FUE procedure. I know Woods
» is
» » adamant that the whole surgery should be done by a doctor
» while Armani lets his techs do most of the extractions. So I’ve
» got a few questions that I
» » could use some input on.
» »
»
» This is a good question Brock, but just to elaborate. Techs assist Dr.
» Armani with the extractions. Just as techs would assist in a strip (FUSS)
» procedure when it comes to dissecting the grafts under magnification from
» the strip.
»
» Dr. Armani plans the entire FUE hair transplant, which involves drawing
» the hairline, selecting which part of the donor area is to be extracted
» including judging the depth and angle of each follicular unit. This leads
» to a higher graft survival rate and lower incidence of poor growth.
»
» It’s then determined how many one-hair, two-hair and three-hair follicular
» units should be transplanted into selected areas of the scalp and how
» closely together the follicular units should be implanted, depending on the
» density requested by the patient.
»
» Just an in strip (FUSS), a highly-specialized FUE team assists Dr. Armani
» during the procedure.

Eric typically what percentage of the entire surgery is done by the doctor?

»
» Eric typically what percentage of the entire surgery is done by the
» doctor?

Good question.

FUE extractions are a highly repetative job, just like implantation. Bad extraction or implantation work can be deadly for hair follicles, therefore it has to be performed by skilled and highly trained persons.

I have seen dr. strugle doing the extraction for various reasons. On the other side I have seen very skilled docs doing extractions.

I have seen very skilled assistants doing the extraction with ultra precision and I have seen assistants strugling with extractions.

Experience and team : keywords for a succesful FUE hair transplantation.

Agree with bverotti!!

» FUE extractions are a highly repetative job, just like implantation. Bad
» extraction or implantation work can be deadly for hair follicles, therefore
» it has to be performed by skilled and highly trained persons.

I agree with this statement, it is the skill and training of the entire team that is ultra important.

I also agree to the importance of a good team…

However at the end of the day there is ONE LEADER, ONE GENERAL.

If that General does not possess leadership qualities, meticulousness for quality control, artistic passion in what he is doing… then the whole company/team will eventually fall to those who DO HAVE THESE QUALITIES.

From my experience at Dr Armani, the formula is there and its being implemented…

The general is VERY VERY ARTISTIC from his personal artwork(fantastic photographer), to the very modern yet warm office to the way he practices the art of the HT using Da Vinci.

The way he qualified me was impressive… he sat down with me (of course AFTER THE SALESPERSON made his eval) and evaluated my age, balding pattern, orignial hairline, donor area etc…

Then the amount of meticulousness in the room while doing the procedure was EVIDENT IN THE TEAM… everyone always knew their responsablities, everyone was on cue and in sync, and i never at any point felt like someone in that room shouldnt be there.

I feel that these are important when you chose a Dr. Evaluate his person as well as his practice. I did eventually meet another Dr (actually by accident) and I wont mention names… but he had a very pompous attitude and felt the need to focus more on bashing his competitor rather than focus on HIS BUSINESS and ME (even though i wouldnt of been a client, but he didnt know that!)

Either way…

I hope that your procuedure and your research goes welll… There cetainly are ALOT of good people on here that will pull for you to make the best decision for you and of course endless info and reviews by which to use as a refernce point.

Cheers my friend

Godspeed

MoM

» FUE extractions are a highly repetative job, just like implantation. Bad
» extraction or implantation work can be deadly for hair follicles, therefore
» it has to be performed by skilled and highly trained persons.
»
» I have seen dr. strugle doing the extraction for various reasons. On the
» other side I have seen very skilled docs doing extractions.
»
» I have seen very skilled assistants doing the extraction with ultra
» precision and I have seen assistants strugling with extractions.
»
» Experience and team : keywords for a succesful FUE hair transplantation.

for the kind of money that i have to pay for a hair transplant, i prefer to have full and undivided attention from the doctor rather than someone who makes $10 an hour messing up my head.

»
» for the kind of money that i have to pay for a hair transplant, i prefer
» to have full and undivided attention from the doctor rather than someone
» who makes $10 an hour messing up my head.

I can understand your thoughts Pauly, but any clinic you go to is going to have a staff that assists in the process. Rather it be dissecting the grafts out of the strip, or helping with FUE extractions with FUE, or assisting with implanting the grafts.

Dr. Armani has an incredibly experienced team that has been assisting him for years. Our staff does only FUE procedures and specializes in DR. Armani’s FUE technique.

Training of our staff is a big part of what makes the Armani clinic the most successful FUE clinic in the world.

All the results you see below were all done using the same philosophy, Dr. Armani performing the procedure with staff assisting him.

Results:

http://restored2.blogspot.com/

» »
» » Eric typically what percentage of the entire surgery is done by the
» » doctor?
»
» Good question.

i’d like to know the answer to this question too. it sounds like armani does all of the planning and the techs do a majority of the grunt work. correct?

Dr. Woods does the whole surgery himself, including FUE extraction.