FUE and the hairline

In my opinion one of the greatest advantages of having a procedure using fue, is the ability to create a much softer and natural looking hairline. Fue’s can be cherry picked, and hairs of thinner caliber can be place into the hairline. It seems strip can’t even come close to this because the area being harvested has some of the thickest hairs available. Even when single hairs are placed into the hairline using strip, it still looks somewhat pluggy and can’t compare to fue. Although strip might be beneficial to achieve more density, providing the patient doesn’t mind the scar. Fue reigns supreme for the hairline.

This is just my opinion from the many results I have seen. Please feel free to comment.

Yep, I’ve wondered about this too. There is probably some truth in it.

» In my opinion one of the greatest advantages of having a procedure using
» fue, is the ability to create a much softer and natural looking hairline.
» Fue’s can be cherry picked, and hairs of thinner caliber can be place into
» the hairline. It seems strip can’t even come close to this because the area
» being harvested has some of the thickest hairs available. Even when single
» hairs are placed into the hairline using strip, it still looks somewhat
» pluggy and can’t compare to fue. Although strip might be beneficial to
» achieve more density, providing the patient doesn’t mind the scar. Fue
» reigns supreme for the hairline.
»
» This is just my opinion from the many results I have seen. Please feel
» free to comment.

yes,it does make sense!!

I Would have to agree with this logic. Fue does give a much softer hairline. In fact I am just seeing some soft new hairs coming in & it has no resemblance of a transplant. It seems to me that FUE when done properly is the way to go. IMO.

Fue does offer the benefit for the doctor to select and hand pick the follicals that best suit the needs of the patient and the result.

If it’s a crown procedure FUE allows the doctor to select mostly doubles and triples to give more coverage.

For a hairline procedure more singles should be used to give the hairline a softer and more natural look. With Fue more singles can be selected to accomplish this.

Pat205, I’m not referring to singles as singles can be placed into the hairline using strip just as well. It’s the caliber of hair that seems out of place. Since it is coming from the donor area which has very thick caliber hairs. It’s very subtle but the human eye tends to pick up on it as something not being quite right.

Like I stated this is just my opinion.

I see your point now Topcat.

Agreed. With FUE you have all the advantages, given your doctor has the ability to manage your donnor area wisely. I was just reviewing your repair journey and I must say I am very happy for you. I met Dr Bisanga once and was able to see his work personally. I am sure he will continue his top quality work with you.

As of right now I don’t want to go into details about it, but I had a messed up experience wit HT’s also. I have been repaired, but for some reason I am still ‘stuck’. It has been two years now. Seeing you are an expert in this field I was wondering what could be the best way to contact you, I feel the need to talk to someone that can understand what I am going through. Would it be alright if I could contact you? What would be the best way? Thank you.

Silversurfer, you can e-mail me at htrepair1@yahoo.com, I would be happy to speak with you as I learn just as much when speaking to others.