FUE aftercare

I was wondering what some of your personal experiences were reagarding scabbing and how long they last after a FUE procedure. Mine is a week away and I was just curious. Thanks guys.

» I was wondering what some of your personal experiences were reagarding
» scabbing and how long they last after a FUE procedure. Mine is a week away
» and I was just curious. Thanks guys.

Scabbing may last from 8 to 15 days but it’s mainly unpredictable how well scabs (blood/debri) can attach to your scalp. Moisturizing and good shampoo practices can be beneficial. Arnica / Aloe spray may help. Just don’t yank the scabs out, they’ll come off when they’re ready to.

Good luck in your FUE :slight_smile:

drcb

Thanks for the reply. It seems like scabbing for two weeks is a fair trade for the great reults of FUE. I will have to look for the Aloe spray at the drugstore if you recommend it.

I still had scabs when I got back to Japan after a month in LA. Never really found them to be a problem. I think our bodies are pretty smart. They do a certain thing for a reason. When its ready to drop the scab off it does.
Dont worry to much. You biggest hassle will be pissing around with the Vit E and putting cream on the back of your head. If you have a girlfriend to do it for you your laughing. Then youll get to laugh at how funny you look with the fluid in your face. No pain what so ever. I actually wished some of it stayed as I looked ten years younger for a few days.))
Worst part of procedure for me was what I never thought it would be. Not the needles, not the drip, but lying on my face for hours and trust me, you are gonna wanna piss like you have never wanted before.
My only complaint, no stereotypical nurses in short mini skirts. But dont tell my wife that.:smiley:

Mine lasted almost 2-3 weeks before they were completely gone. Keep your scalp wet constantly if you want the scabs to disappear sooner.

…And I was looking forward to the nurses running around the room with those skirts on too! I guess if the only thing I have to worry about on the day of my surgery is pissing a lot it is a good compromise for what I am getting in return. That makes me at ease, knowing that taking a piss is my biggest problem :slight_smile: Thanks for the help.

That is good advice…by wet you mean the Vitamin E on it constantly?

» That is good advice…by wet you mean the Vitamin E on it constantly?

Oh no, I never used vitamin E, is this something that Armani recommends? I used a spray bottle and spray the recipient site with gentle mist about 10 times a day to keep it moist, it’s a neat trick, the scabs mature faster when they are constantly moist and you don’t even need to rub the scabs at all and have to worry about damaging the grafts.

» That is good advice…by wet you mean the Vitamin E on it constantly?

Personally, I think it’s best to let the recipient site heal on its own after the first 2-3 days. Sometimes using too much oil and lotion for an extended period of time may complicate the healing process.

Make sure you don’t constantly touch the recipient site with your hand. Many post op patients are tempted to do that, and that is the easiest way to get infection. If you see pimples like substances in the recipient site, they may be signs that the area is infected.

Thanks for sending me the pictures. I just added your BEFORE pics to your journal. The link to your journal now shows up near the bottom of each and every one of your posts.

GOOD LUCK!

and don’t forget about minox afgter the surgery

How old are you? I hope you are not 19 like your screen name implies.

Not even close. That was my baseball number in college.

» » I was wondering what some of your personal experiences were reagarding
» » scabbing and how long they last after a FUE procedure. Mine is a week
» away
» » and I was just curious. Thanks guys.
»
» Scabbing may last from 8 to 15 days but it’s mainly unpredictable how well
» scabs (blood/debri) can attach to your scalp. Moisturizing and good shampoo
» practices can be beneficial. Arnica / Aloe spray may help. Just don’t yank
» the scabs out, they’ll come off when they’re ready to.
»
» Good luck in your FUE :slight_smile:
»
»
»
»
» drcb
Hi

I recently received FUE from Dr.Cole and his team recommends to scrub the remaining scabs out after 2 weeks and to massage your head at about 10 days after your procedure, as the grafts won’t be able to come out after about 1 week post op. They also recommend staying out of the sun for 6 months after the procedure.

» Not even close. That was my baseball number in college.

Just saw your pics, how many grafts are you getting? You still have a lot of hair on top, I wonder where armani is going to put the grafts.

» …And I was looking forward to the nurses running around the room with
» those skirts on too! I guess if the only thing I have to worry about on
» the day of my surgery is pissing a lot it is a good compromise for what I
» am getting in return. That makes me at ease, knowing that taking a piss is
» my biggest problem :slight_smile: Thanks for the help.
No Probs Leong. Glad to be of help.