For my Dear Friend, RogerThat

This is a survey of research that runs through all the major developments, but mentions nothing about Sanford-Burnham, in fact, it doesn’t even allude to their research.

Keep in mind that Aderans, Intercytex, Gho, Replicel, Christiano and Jahoda all have much more in common with each other than they do with Sanford-Burnham.

All of the former are in a class together – culturing existing cells.

Sanford-Burnham is not about culturing existing cells, it’s about taking pluripotent stem cells and creating brand new inductive DP cells.

It’s great that they talk about patent trends but keep in mind that they’re just looking at snapshot of patents and most of these inventions in that snapshot are already 3-5 years old or more by now – essentially they’re outdated.

To their credit, they do mention tissue engineering, though.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
This is a survey of research that runs through all the major developments, but mentions nothing about Sanford-Burnham, in fact, it doesn’t even allude to their research.

Keep in mind that Aderans, Intercytex, Gho, Replicel, Christiano and Jahoda all have much more in common with each other than they do with Sanford-Burnham.

All of the former are in a class together – culturing existing cells.

Sanford-Burnham is not about culturing existing cells, it’s about taking pluripotent stem cells and creating brand new inductive DP cells.

It’s great that they talk about patent trends but keep in mind that they’re just looking at snapshot of patents and most of these inventions in that snapshot are already 3-5 years old or more by now – essentially they’re outdated.

To their credit, they do mention tissue engineering, though.[/quote]

I wasn’t implying anything positive or negative. Just thought it was down your alley.

I thought it was interesting to see a few companies/organizations on the patent list that don’t seem to have been mentioned on the forums.