For Cal, TAGOHL

Ive been pondering something…basically cyclosporin is all one would need to exactly replicate the human skin experiment.

I bet this is why an anti-biotic and anti-microbial is put in the patent language, just in case it is necessary for that 6-10 day period.

Have either of you thought about that?

It would seem that the immune system wouldn’t infringe on this process being that its the body’s own stem cells at work, but one never knows I suppose. I cant figure for the life of my why else they’d put cyclo in the patent as a possible…

BTW-For TAGOHL-----Ive ordered some finasteride from the same site that I ordered Getfitinib from, and did indeed recieve it fairly promptly (nice price too!). If one of you has some luck via the home experiment, I suppose I’ll try and order another thirty pills from them. Maybe the one miss from them was a fluke. I still cant figure how either arava order (other sites) didn’t get here. I generally have had very good luck ordering stuff through the mail. I ordinarily get very prompt service.

good luck on your results guys.

I think they are hiding something , in other words they didt say everything in the patent , they kept something for themselves…This is my feeling.Its obvious now that the follica procedure is not SCALABLE. I hope that they have something to make it scalable. It could be that the immune system got used to be hostile toward hair follicles from the 1st moment of their genesis.Therefore, benji might be right about the cyclosporin

I don’t know.

But if the infamous Gentifib cancer patient case didn’t need Cyclosporin, and neither did the infamous hairy-nosed incident, then I don’t think we will need it either.

The cancer patient might have had an immune system weakened by chemo or something, but even that normally doesn’t weaken the system to the extent that MPB will just reverse on cue. If he can get that hair without directly suppressing his immune system on purpose then I doubt we’ll NEED it just to grow something.

And then there’s all the other cases of wounding-spurred regrowth. They’re not all regrowing because of dangerously suppressed immune systems; the wounding alone is capable of it somehow.

I really don’t know.

Myself, I think the cancer patient’s situation will probably be the next thing I try. Just wounding DURING the EGF-R inhibition, continued inhibition for a couple of weeks afterward, and then nothing else.

I’m becoming convinced that the waiting period itself is the decoy in all those patents. (It would make perfect sense: Take the most important crucial step in the process, and make a big complex show of patenting a pile of incorrect ways to drown out the correct one. And the most promising case of regrowth we’ve actually seen so far has been with zero waiting period at all.)

I’m on the fence about whether or not to involve the Lithium topicals. It might really help, but what’s stopping me is that I don’t feel great about the risk.

I wouldn’t mind trying topical lithium alone, but my gut feeling is that it’s more of a risk with that EGF-R deal. Arava or Gentifib is much more deeply monkeying with our body’s processes than just a topical mineral. Untested combinations of otherwise-safe things on a single body system at the same time can be a real motherf*cker.

I need to study that issue more.

I have to concur with the EGF inhibition during wounding as the epithelization process is heavily affected by EGF. That’s when it comes into play.
The tannic acid I have being delivered in a couple of days, also has anti-microbial properties and anti-inflammatory properties as well as potent EGF inhibition. I’m going to use an approx. 1% solution straight on the wound.
Target date for wounding is Monday 1st September. I’m going to wax depilate the entire top of my scalp about 3 days prior.

Baccy,

So you too are starting to think, just like cal, that the EGFR inhibition and wounding should be done at the same time ?

One more suggestion , have you ever considered the simple procedure , I mean if I’m right the 1st press release we got about this whole procedure more than year ago was about hair growth after wounding+Wnt agonist and later on antagonist…Ever thought about it ?

» So you too are starting to think, just like cal, that the EGFR inhibition
» and wounding should be done at the same time ?

By the way Amilcar, I don’t want give the impression that this is a rock-solid viewpoint for me now. It’s just the next logical thing that I’m going to experiment with.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5753713.html

I am going to try oral non-drowsy antihistamines for a month and see what happens…

» http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5753713.html
»
» I am going to try oral non-drowsy antihistamines for a month and see what
» happens…

I dont really believe this would work, but if you are going to do it, they give examples of how they intend for it to be used. From the patent:

EXAMPLE I

The powder from twelve 500 mg. penicillin tablets was combined with two 50
mg. ampules of injectable Benadryl™. Added thereto was about a 21/2" to
3" squirt of Rugby Hydroskin™ and a few drops of Bactine™ until the
mixture was thinner than honey.

This composition was then rubbed into a clean scalp at night and removed
each morning for eight days. Within eight weeks hair growth was observed.

EXAMPLE II

A patient suffered a fungus infection under his toenails which had ridged
them up to a considerable extent. On a clean toenail three applications of
the composition of Example I brought back the pink skin under the nail.
All of the white was gone.

EXAMPLE III

To a patient suffering from scar tissue behind his ear was subjected to
repeated applications of the composition of Example I. Over an extended
period of about three months, all of the scar tissue but one wrinkle and
all of the effected flesh but one dot were gone.

I skimmed the patent, and basically their position is that bacterial infections lead to an immune response that keeps the hairs miniaturized. The only problem with this are hair transplants, which grow up front years and years after implantation in the same area. Cedarwood oil is supposedly super for killing little microbials------one might be able to try that since it has been associated (Scottish Essential Oils study with Alopecia Areata in Archives of Dermatolgoy) of several cases of regrowth. The oils used were Cedarwood, Lavender, Thyme, and Rosemary. They are all alchohol soluble.

I hope you do try it though HairKing. I’d give it the eight weeks that the patent CLAIMS that some regrowth was seen though, and not a mere month. Ten weeks would be better. Using exactly what the patent says would be the best thing to do. I dont know if taking anti-histamines when you dont need them internally can do any long term damage to the liver or lungs, but you might want to take a look into that just to be sure. Good luck though. If you get some “wow” regrowth up there, we all owe you bottle of your favorite beverage.

Well, I hope someone is trying all these different things. The more experimenters the merrier.

But I’m just gonna stick to the most-active ingredient and screw the rest. I’m still primarily just on a mission to find out for sure that Folica’s project is gonna work and go commercial at all.

If it will basically work, then no amount of omitting the other stuff is gonna stop it from growing at least SOMETHING visible. If it won’t work, then none of the other variables will do anything but mislead.

» Well, I hope someone is trying all these different things. The more
» experimenters the merrier.
»
»
» But I’m just gonna stick to the most-active ingredient and screw the rest.
» I’m still primarily just on a mission to find out for sure that Folica’s
» project is gonna work and go commercial at all.
»
» If it will basically work, then no amount of omitting the other stuff is
» gonna stop it from growing at least SOMETHING visible. If it won’t work,
» then none of the other variables will do anything but mislead.

What’s your views on Scalp Renew being used for the wounding? I really went to town on the scalp last time and I’ve a feeling that using this gentle dermabrasion treatment for the scalp might be distinctly underwhelming.

» I think they are hiding something , in other words they didt say everything
» in the patent , they kept something for themselves…This is my feeling.Its
» obvious now that the follica procedure is not SCALABLE. I hope that they
» have something to make it scalable. It could be that the immune system got
» used to be hostile toward hair follicles from the 1st moment of their
» genesis.Therefore, benji might be right about the cyclosporin

If they are hiding something that is crucial for this to work, wouldn’t it put their whole project in jeopardy? If someone here or another entity (with people far more qualified in understanding these things than the posters here) hit the jackpot with the missing link, they can patent it because it is not in follica’s patent and follica would be screwed. I’m not saying I think they are hiding something or not, it’s just my take on it.

Well, “hiding” is a relative term.

Folica has shotgunned a ton of patents with slight variations. We could look right at their actual plan and not necessarily realize it.

As for wounding, I’m not sure what to say about anything chemically.

I’m personally a pretty crafty kind of guy and I’m quite good with sandpaper. So that’s the only wounding method that I’ve used so far.

My results so far seem to have come from the deepest-wounded areas more than anywhere else. But I also think I may still be looking and results just from the dermabrasion alone though, so take that idea with a grain of salt.

And the Gentifib cancer patients with scalp & nose regrowth probably weren’t dealing with sunburns as severe as my deepest woundings, either. Folica may or may not require something that severe to do the job.

» http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5753713.html
»
» I am going to try oral non-drowsy antihistamines for a month and see what
» happens…

debris opened, recently, a thread about bacteria & hairloss correlation…You might want to see it.