Followup: PERSONAL EXPERIMENT with Wnt3a and Keratinocytes

Re: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-60112-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

Hey guys,

The last thread (ref. above) was locked because some individuals from the HT section came here and started complaining that I had no right to do experiments on my own body and to talk about it here on these forums in order to possibly shed some positive light on hair loss. Personally, I do not have any respect for anyone from the HT section, but I will address their concerns nonetheless.

I would not do anything to myself unless I know the risks and am willing to take those. Obviously, I felt that taking the risks of this experiment was way lower than going through with a transplant, or else I would have chosen to do a transplant instead. The personal experiment that I am doing is based on one that has already passed safety trials. Moreover, I have consulted with many professionals, and we all feel that the risks are (very) minimal. I’m not taking any immunosuppressants as others have done, which would have actually been the factor carrying the most risk.

I am injecting proteins and keratinocyte growth factors that are readily found in the body. Sure, wnt3a has been found to play a role in cancer, but the mice only developed benign tumors with a constant expression of wnt3a signals. I am only doing a one time injection of wnt3a, something that has already passed safety trials. Worst case scenario (and one that I think would never happen) are benign tumors, which lacks all three of the malignant properties of a cancer and is easily removable. Again, this would never happen, but the worst case scenario isn’t even all that dangerous.

With that being said, these forums are for us to come and share our experiences with hair loss and maybe be able to shed some light on it and possibly play a positive role in finding a cure. Accordingly, I plan to keep everyone updated with my results. If for whatever reason, Hairsite chooses to close this thread, as they have done with the other one, I will have my web developer create a site with a forum which will be open for all to come and freely share their experiences. I have the resources to do so if that becomes necessary… and I’m sure that I could make quite a few bucks on the ads as well, like hairsite does.

To those of you offering their support and frank concern: I say thank you. It is the acts of individuals experimenting on their own that has brought the greatest discoveries to this world. However, I do not support the idea of everyone going out there and doing experiments not knowing what they are doing. I have done thorough research and know everything that is involved. I also know that this has VERY minimal risk involved and I know what that risk is. Again, I would not do this if I felt the risk was greater than doing a hair transplant.

UPDATES:

Nov 16, 2009: I took before pix and dermabrated my scalp.
Nov 19, 2009: I injected the wnt3a and keratinocyte mixture. Taking daily pictures in the same lighting.
Nov 21, 2009: Pretty pissed that Hairsite locked the other thread and annoyed at some peoples comments.

If you don’t appreciate what I am doing, then please stop following up with this. I don’t want any of my results to benefit you in any way.

I wish others could parallel your professionalism in this matter.
I often think certain folks like seeing this forum “barefoot and pregnant” for a lack of a better term.

Best of luck with your experiment - you have my support. The advice of the medical professionals you consulted for your experiment is infinitely greater than the combined knowledge of ever poster on this board. I do think that it is rather funny that people would raise an issue with this experiment - perhaps they think their knowledge (gained from surfing the internet) supersedes that of medical professionals? Or perhaps they are HT doctors feeling a little threatened.

All 3 of you need to check yourselves before you break yourselves. I’m from the HT section? I’m a HT doc? I’m part of the greater conspiracy for wanting to the OP to reconsider his experiment? Pretty ignorant way of thinking if you ask me.

Just because someone is not holding the same banner and swinging it the air along side with you doesn’t mean there is a conspiracy going on or for ignorant remarks to be thrown around. And WeWillWin, I was only concerned for your safety and for the safety of the readers. But your accusations just go to prove how immature you really are proving even more the danger to your own self.

I don’t want to take away from the point of this thread but I had to respond to the idiotic remarks being made. WTF does HT section or HT people or members have to do with this anyway? Click my posts and see where I post 90% of the time. With that I close good luck and hope you consult with a real “medical physician” about your experiment and not a “professional”.

It seems that the other thread has been unlocked, so I will continue my updates there. Thanks for your support.

» All 3 of you need to check yourselves before you break yourselves. I’m from
» the HT section? I’m a HT doc? I’m part of the greater conspiracy for
» wanting to the OP to reconsider his experiment? Pretty ignorant way of
» thinking if you ask me.
»
» Just because someone is not holding the same banner and swinging it the
» air along side with you doesn’t mean there is a conspiracy going on or for
» ignorant remarks to be thrown around. And WeWillWin, I was only concerned
» for your safety and for the safety of the readers. But your accusations
» just go to prove how immature you really are proving even more the danger
» to your own self.
»
» I don’t want to take away from the point of this thread but I had to
» respond to the idiotic remarks being made. WTF does HT section or HT people
» or members have to do with this anyway? Click my posts and see where I post
» 90% of the time. With that I close good luck and hope you consult with a
» real “medical physician” about your experiment and not a “professional”.

These “consult with a real medical physician” comments are pretty hilarious to me. What is your GP or a dermatologist going to say if you tell him you are going to inject wnt3a into your scalp. “I have no idea what you are talking about” or maybe “i can be of no assistance here whatsoever as i have no expertise in this area”. I read upon this stuff a while ago and i am pretty sure the WWWs head isnt going to explode and he isnt going to get cancer. In fact its almost certain that nothing noticeable will happen either way. In terms of danger i think the kind of warnings that have been thrown around could just as profitably spent on people chugging down avodart or whatever.

»
» These “consult with a real medical physician” comments are pretty
» hilarious to me. What is your GP or a dermatologist going to say if you
» tell him you are going to inject wnt3a into your scalp. “I have no idea
» what you are talking about” or maybe “i can be of no assistance here
» whatsoever as i have no expertise in this area”. I read upon this stuff a
» while ago and i am pretty sure the WWWs head isnt going to explode and he
» isnt going to get cancer. In fact its almost certain that nothing
» noticeable will happen either way. In terms of danger i think the kind of
» warnings that have been thrown around could just as profitably spent on
» people chugging down avodart or whatever.

You are right. I only spoke with one MD who knew what I was talking about. In fact, he only relatively knew what I was talking about, but he was nice enough to do some research on my behalf and consult with others who he felt could help. Most of the individuals with whom I spoke were researchers and one who has a joint MD and PHD. At the end of the day, I was the one who put all the information together and made an educated decision. I am also seeing a dermatologist regularly who will be inspecting my scalp just in case. So I’m not really concerned about any unwanted side effects at this point. I just hope that this works.

I wish you the best of luck, WWW.

» »
» » These “consult with a real medical physician” comments are pretty
» » hilarious to me. What is your GP or a dermatologist going to say if you
» » tell him you are going to inject wnt3a into your scalp. “I have no idea
» » what you are talking about” or maybe “i can be of no assistance here
» » whatsoever as i have no expertise in this area”. I read upon this stuff
» a
» » while ago and i am pretty sure the WWWs head isnt going to explode and
» he
» » isnt going to get cancer. In fact its almost certain that nothing
» » noticeable will happen either way. In terms of danger i think the kind
» of
» » warnings that have been thrown around could just as profitably spent on
» » people chugging down avodart or whatever.
»
» You are right. I only spoke with one MD who knew what I was talking about.
» In fact, he only relatively knew what I was talking about, but he was nice
» enough to do some research on my behalf and consult with others who he felt
» could help. Most of the individuals with whom I spoke were researchers and
» one who has a joint MD and PHD. At the end of the day, I was the one who
» put all the information together and made an educated decision. I am also
» seeing a dermatologist regularly who will be inspecting my scalp just in
» case. So I’m not really concerned about any unwanted side effects at this
» point. I just hope that this works.

I’m glad to hear that and wish you the best of luck.

» It seems that the other thread has been unlocked, so I will continue my
» updates there. Thanks for your support.

Finally Hairsite acts with common sense!!

If the follica procedure is for real, this is the way to go. Lets face it, it is probably going to take a long time for them to bring what they have discovered to the market. The FDA needs to be privatized. That being said, if enough individuals would experiment trying different methods, success will come. As far as being dangeous, no more dangeous than applying all this crap we put on our heads and in our bodies. I have tried it twice with no luck but obviouly I have not hit the right combination of meds or time table.I think timing is crucial. Good luck!!!

» If the follica procedure is for real, this is the way to go. Lets face it,
» it is probably going to take a long time for them to bring what they have
» discovered to the market. The FDA needs to be privatized. That being said,
» if enough individuals would experiment trying different methods, success
» will come. As far as being dangeous, no more dangeous than applying all
» this crap we put on our heads and in our bodies. I have tried it twice with
» no luck but obviouly I have not hit the right combination of meds or time
» table.I think timing is crucial. Good luck!!!

wtf FDA needs to be privatized? hahaha… that sounds like a really bad idea.

» If the follica procedure is for real, this is the way to go. Lets face it,
» it is probably going to take a long time for them to bring what they have
» discovered to the market. The FDA needs to be privatized. That being said,
» if enough individuals would experiment trying different methods, success
» will come. As far as being dangeous, no more dangeous than applying all
» this crap we put on our heads and in our bodies. I have tried it twice with
» no luck but obviouly I have not hit the right combination of meds or time
» table.I think timing is crucial. Good luck!!!
The problem is that sometimes the FDA feels like it’s already privatized (via big pharm that is)

We should privatize the FDA?

Are you on crack?