Follica related patent (?)

This board used to have good posts about hair research news and people were curious and tried to explore progress them self. I miss those days, there were actually threads worth reading then.

anyway. This could be Follica related. Could have nothing to do with it. But Rox Andersson, one of the follica scientific founders, has a new patent out regarding substance delivery to follicles. Espacenet - Bibliographic data

This could possibly hint on where Follica have problems moving forward, maybe it´s not the wounding technology that needs improvement but the delivery of growth factors etc to the scalp.
Another indication of this theory is that every DIY experementing with topical egfr inhibitors has failed doing this. But some of us has probably seen that scalp wounding sometimes can result in tiny, sparse vellus hairs. So wounding it self works to some extent.

Wow, great find!

After skimming through the summary, it seems as if this is an adjunct to their previous device patent. Perhaps they are slowly perfecting the delivery mechanism?

I have no idea, and I definitely don’t expect them to tell us any time soon. Still, it’s interesting.

It’s interesting.

For my money I have never believed that the scalp wounding process was what is holding them up. Just because there are numerous ways to do something does not mean that it’s the problem the researchers are having.

The freakish cancer/regrowth patient examples were both taking the EGFR inhibitors orally for a systemic effect. That supports the idea that the drugs can do the job okay when used systemically. So it would indeed seem plausible that their basic HM idea could have been viable several years ago, and yet they’ve been held up since then with topical delivery issues.

» It’s interesting.
»
» For my money I have never believed that the scalp wounding process was
» what is holding them up. Just because there are numerous ways to do
» something does not mean that it’s the problem the researchers are having.
»
»
»
» The freakish cancer/regrowth patient examples were both taking the EGFR
» inhibitors orally for a systemic effect. That supports the idea that the
» drugs can do the job okay when used systemically. So it would indeed seem
» plausible that their basic HM idea could have been viable several years
» ago, and yet they’ve been held up since then with topical delivery issues.

We don’t know if they’ve been held up though.