» …We are talking about opening a window of opportunity and tricking the
» body aka : the stem cells to think that they need to build again some parts
» of the body.
»
» In BTW : Here in my country there had always been numerous reports about
» bald persons that were capable of regrowing hair through wounding the scalp
» and rubbing garlic all over the wounded areas…Here is one other piece of
» information that matches the many converging indicators that do all confirm
» the reliability of the follica approach .

Amilcar, that is interesting. I have also written on several other forums about a guy in my old country (Yugoslavia) who back in the 60’s got a full head of hair by applying motor oil on his scalp, getting a lot of infection and afterward scars. After the doctor removed the scars, hair started to grow with great density (probably they applied some anti-inflammatory substance to prevent inflammation or something, which might have triggered the regrowth process). This guy was born with really bad hair to start with, so it maybe was a special kind of hereditary baldness he had. When I heard about Follica’s method I got really hyped since it reminded me of that story. And also a HT doctor I spoke with told me that they have, in several patients, observed more hair than what was originally transplanted.

Amilcar, do you know anything about the density those guys achieved in Tunisia?

All I know thats its comsetically significant …since people observed the difference…also this technique is know not only in Tunisia but in many countries of the southern coast of the mediterranean sea …and its both men and women who used it , especially back in old times before the glory of the modern medicine…Also some say that this technique does not work for MPB but only for other types of hair loss…One friend of mine told me about an old man from his “town” that was able to regrow a lot of hair…Bottom line …here in this region I can assure to you that some cases of regrowth have been realised through wounding+garlic rubbing…and what more funny in the story that according to this traditional operation you need to do the rubbing for something like 1 month …there is that french health board “Doctissimo” …they talked once about a prisoner originating from my region but jailed in France(a police man that was working in the jail reported the story) that has been able to regrow his hair, he said to the policeman " that he was able to do it because his hair falled from stress and not MPB" …of course thats not very solid argument …since we know that some guys do bare all the stress of the world and do not lose a one damn hair as they are not genetically predisposed for t hat.

When I stared with my MPB problems I couldt believe this whole theory of wounding its sounded too foolish to me and that all you need is to rub something for a limited period of time while all other scientific-backed treatments are life-long ones …Now with this whole stem cells/window of opportunity it does make sens I might say …and I even tried to some 3 small distinct wounds in completely bald zones …I had no success …I think i got something like 1/2 de novo hair in each region …but thats not noteworthy for sure…1 month after the Cotsarelis paper : yes I jumped on the wounding+garlic stuff as soon as I read about the discovery because it made me realise the scientific correlation the 1st second I read :-D…I’m genuis ! am I not :smiley: …However I was far , back in that time, from implementing rigourously the patent…No wild scalp …I almost was about to do too deep wounds and make some scars …Fortunately no harm …no EGF inhibition no androgenic inhibition…just wound+garlic …I didt even follow the traditional procedure …I did garlice once or twice …I found it too idiot to rub garlic on my scalp …I was wrong may be…

I find it really funny that some posters here are discredting lithium without even looking at the available research that already has been discussed here several times.

WNT signalling has been associated with 7-10 TIMES increase in number of follices, so saying something like people using lithium are dreaming etc speaks of your own stupidity!

»I found it too idiot to rub garlic on my scalp …I was wrong may be…

Btw, Tomatoes also have loads of lithium in them as well. Not sure if it would be as effective as applying garlic, there’s got to be a reason garlic took off and tomatoes didn’t :slight_smile:

» » » I’m pretty sure Benji said before that the dermabrasion isn’t deep
» » enough
» » » to affect the existing follicles…
» »
» » how do we know that for sure?
» »
» » did benji take measurements?
» »
» » what if the difference between destroying a follicle and not destroying
» a
» » follicle is, like, 0.7 millimeter?
» »
» » i’m just kidding about that, of course… the difference is probably
» » greater than that. but still, how close can we afford to cut it, when
» » we’re talking about risking our precious follicles here?
» »
» » can we take that risk?
»
»
»
» there would be blood everywhere if you went deep enough to disturb an
» anagen follicle…large difference. Youre not supposed to
» bleed with dermabrasion. Anagen hair follicles, if I remember correctly,
» are on the order of 2mm to 4mm deep (its been a long time since I read
» this). Dermabrasion is simply taking the epidermal layer and the stratum
» cornelium off the skin…much higher up.
»
»
» Word of warning…I would not try the abrasion-protocol
» at home unless I had read that patent over and over and had at least three
» of the adjunctives they mention—with one definitely being a non-naturally
» occuring egf-inhibitor. It would be a shame to abrade your head (it will
» hurt, and it will hurt for a few days), withold from shampooing for a
» while, all for nothing.
»
» Frankly, we dont even know if it works yet on bald scalp. Thats why I want
» them to test it. I do anticipate, it working in the donor area or the body.
» I cant imagine why it wouldn’t in those places. Even if it works like a
» charm, one will still probably have to use some anti-androgen (spiro,
» fluridil, finasteride, revivogen, etc) to keep it in all likleyhood.

benji, i think you would not have to worry about distubing only anagen follicles, but also potentially telogen follicles that haven’t yet cycled back into anagen.

EVERY hair follicle undergoes cycling, even the one’s on a balding guy’s head…

so if you’re like me, a nw 3 or 4, and you still have some substantial hair left, some of those follicles will be (temporarily) in anagen, and some will be (temporarily) in telogen.

yes, the anagen ones will be deeper in the skin, but that’s just cause they’ve grown bigger…

the telogen ones will be shorter, and can be more easily disturbed or destroyed, i think.

and when you destroy those delicate telogen follicles, they ain’t coming back…

that’s that many fewer follicles you’ll have to benefit from hm or whatever in the future.

goata …people discredit out of despair and not for scientific motivations…They dont undestand the way science goes it seems to me…if you wake up people of middle age and tell them tuberculosis can be prevented through a small fast almost harmless injection…they will just think you are crazy.

Im not aware of the tomato story …can you please provide some sources ? also I tried to find connection, at that time, between garlic and Wnt proteins expression and could not reach something significant …may be can you do better than me ?

Wait a minute, Baldbaby . . .

How would the existing follicles be a much different depth into the skin depending on what phase of the hair cycle they’re in? That doesn’t make sense to me.

The cycling would be relevant for the hair shafts forming and sticking out, but not relevant for the size of the follicles themselves.

If wnt would boost it to 7 -10 times …that means that Instead of havin 1/2 new hair I would have had 7/14 to 10/20 …if that boosting ratio is correct …we certainly have something significant and consistent.

Also Goata are you pointing to the fact that Garlic has some lithuim in it but thats also the case for Alovera I guess and other plants …also do u have an idea about the quantitave ratio of lithuim in it ?

» ICX let me down. Basically they were that short on trialists they were
» forced to put an ad in a local Manchester newspaper. After all this, they
» did not even call me (or Baldie42 for that matter) in for screening. I
» telephoned them at least twice reiterating my desire to be a trialist and
» they insisted I would be contacted. I’m an ideal trialist. If they can put
» hair on MY head then they can regrow hair on every bald bastard under God’s
» sun. And I would have stuck with it. Anybody on this board would have stuck
» with it because we have more than a passing interest in our rapidly
» disappearing hair.
» Instead, they chose some guys that were probably indifferent to their
» hairloss. Result…they walked out when the process hit the first bump in
» the road. Well that’s MY take on it anyway.
»
» All the chemicals I’m using in my experiment have a reason for their
» inclusion. However, I DO believe that the long-winded patent from Follica
» is deliberately including chemicals that are not needed. Maybe to blow
» smoke up our collective arses. Maybe just to make it seem more complicated
» than it is.
» One good thing is that the lithium appears to have almost entirely
» de-oiled my scalp which was quite shiny before due to excessive sebum
» secretion. I can basically see the indentations where all my follicles
» SHOULD be but there are no black dots in there. On another forum, a guy
» started growing new hair 3 weeks after wounding. He was using a lithium
» based mix.
» Today is DAY 11 post wounding.

baccy - funny that they turned down two guys who we know post on this forum. is it possble that they know you post here, that they have some connection between your true identity and your hairsite handle?

maybe they want to rule out anyone who might come on the internet and start discussing the trials…

it’s possible that they are reading this forum and have picked up clues about people in manchester who post here and then contact them - ie, date and time of calls, what you talked about, etc.

unless you are out and out telling them you’re posting here… probably not a good idea!

» Wait a minute, Baldbaby . . .
»
» How would the existing follicles be a much different depth into the skin
» depending on what phase of the hair cycle they’re in? That doesn’t make
» sense to me.

He has no idea what he’s talking about!

Follica patent & all the anecdotal evidence talks about disrupting the scalp. Follica patent specifically mentions stratum corneum - NOTE: That is the top most layer of the upper layer (epidermis) of the skin. NOT even minitaurized telogen follicle sits close to it. So carefully, removing stratum corneum won’t kill any follicles!

baldbaby, why don’t you do some research before derailing all the threads with stupid posts??

We’ll see who was stupid in few months when ppl will abandon lithium for some other silly thing

»
»
» Baccy- where do you get your lithium and how often and in what dosage are
» you taking? Is this oral or topical? Thanx.

Quantity wise, I’m flying blind. I split 5 or 6 of the 120mg capsules into a 60ml bottle of minoxidil, along with the other ingredients. See earlier posts in this thread for ingredients I’m using. You’ve got to remember guys. I have nothing to lose as I’m totally bald anyway. So I’m going for this.

»
» baccy - funny that they turned down two guys who we know post on this
» forum. is it possble that they know you post here, that they have some
» connection between your true identity and your hairsite handle?
»
» maybe they want to rule out anyone who might come on the internet and
» start discussing the trials…
»
» it’s possible that they are reading this forum and have picked up clues
» about people in manchester who post here and then contact them - ie, date
» and time of calls, what you talked about, etc.
»
» unless you are out and out telling them you’re posting here… probably
» not a good idea!

I didn’t tell them I post here. I don’t post often anyway. But your theory had actually occurred to me. Basically, I now look at it as their loss. I would have pursued the trial to the end.

» We’ll see who was stupid in few months when ppl will abandon lithium for
» some other silly thing

You ARE stupid…basically what you’re saying is that lithium won’t work…Do you have any proof for that??? any study to back it up??

On the other hand, Elaine Fuchs is a very respected scientist and she has shown that WNT signalling leads to more follicles. Also, now she is working with Follica to take it to a commercial level. These guys obviously know what they are talking about, and you’re just a stupid online troll who is discrediting their research without any evidence.

» Baccy -
»
» I’m glad you’re trying this and grateful that you’re gonna keep us posted.
»
»
» But I really think you should have waited to get one of the EGF-R
» inhibition drugs involved. It seems like you’re going to end up having
» done everything right except for omitting the main ingredient. (And in
» terms of risk, just the WNT-signalling of the Lithium seems to be provoking
» more serious concerns than the EGF-R inhibition itself. Established
» science has passed G&F through the FDA trials a long time ago.)
»
» I’m not sure about what the kinease inhibtion angle will bring to the
» table. Maybe it’ll replace the Gentifib/Leflunomide, I’m not informed
» enough to know.

The drugs are quite expensive. I feel that a cheaper alternative can be tried first as the patent mentions other EGF inhibitors but stipulates that the list they have provided is by no means exhaustive. That’s more of a para-phrasing than a quote by the way.

Debris, give it a rest, huh? Lithium has made a real difference in some tests so they’re experimenting with it. Big deal.

Look at the Gentifib regrowth on that cancer patient in the picture: Freak thing or not, I’ll bet 2 weeks ago you would have said it was crazy to even think of getting notable regrowth from oral Gentifib pills.

Lithium might not work but it also might. I can think of plenty of stupider things to try.

Also, remember guys. I don’t actually want thick dense hair. In fact, what you guys consider a problem, I would be happy with. A vague shadow to break up the desert of scalp would suffice. I suit a bald head as the shape of my face and head are great. So a crop, buzzed down to number one would make me ecstatic.

» » We’ll see who was stupid in few months when ppl will abandon lithium for
» » some other silly thing
»
» You ARE stupid…basically what you’re saying is that lithium won’t
» work…Do you have any proof for that??? any study to back it up??
»
» On the other hand, Elaine Fuchs is a very respected scientist and she has
» shown that WNT signalling leads to more follicles. Also, now she is working
» with Follica to take it to a commercial level. These guys obviously know
» what they are talking about, and you’re just a stupid online troll who is
» discrediting their research without any evidence.

There’s a guy on another site having great success with lithium and wounding.

» lithium wont grow him any useful coverage. If you believe otherwise, you
» are dreaming.

I have no idea if lithium + the scalp sanding will work.

» IF it was so simple follica would not need 3 years for IND.

Well, it pretty much is that simple, which is the beauty of what Follica is doing. Wound the scalp, and then apply and already approved drug. We’ll see what kind of results they get.

BTW, they would need an IND before they start trials, not after. The person who wrote that article in January has his facts mixed up.

» Lithium might not work but it also might. I can think of plenty of
» stupider things to try.

I’ve tried many stupider things over the years. In fact, I’m too embarassed to admit some of the dumb things I’ve tried.

Anyway, I think it’s good that some people are willing to try this.

» I’ve tried many stupider things over the years. In fact, I’m too
» embarassed to admit some of the dumb things I’ve tried.

I think the forum members would really appreciate if you go over the list of embarrasing things you’ve tried. That way we don’t have to try that stuff :slight_smile: