Follica kit...they read this in an american site now

http://tressless.com/2008/08/13/follica-raises-11mil-reveals-secret-11-herbs-and-spices/

» http://tressless.com/2008/08/13/follica-raises-11mil-reveals-secret-11-herbs-and-spices/

He is just talking about the patent…nothing official from Follica.

but this speaking in English…. today per the morning baldy baby said that this was about a Portuguese site without no knowledge… proves that idiotic it has in all the parts.:wink:

Follica Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 head

Small molecule EGFR inhibitor selected from leflunomide, gefitinib, erlotinib, lapatinib, canertinib, vandetanib, CL-387785, PKI166, pelitinib, HKI-272, and HKI-357
antihistamine unnamed
anti-inflammatory unnamed
retinoid unnamed
anti-androgen unnamed (they mention finasteride,
fluridil, spironolactone,
and dutasteride in the
patent as possibles)
immunosuppressant unnamed
a channel opener minoxidil, diazoxide, phenytoin
antibiotic unnamed
antimicrobial unnamed

• In one embodiment, the small molecule EGFR inhibitor is gefitinib or erlotinib and the additional biologically active agent is a channel opener selected from minoxidil, diazoxide, and phenytoin.

» baldy baby said that
» this was about a Portuguese site without no knowledge… proves that idiotic
» it has in all the parts.:wink:

yes but we need real info, not an idiot article

» http://tressless.com/2008/08/13/follica-raises-11mil-reveals-secret-11-herbs-and-spices/

ever heard of sensationalism?

that “tressless” blog seems to be the national enquirer of hairloss news.

they took the info in follica’s patent and created their own table, with a subtitle of “herbs and spices” or whatever… “secret ingredients”.

yeah right.

makes a fun article but you can’t really tell from that article what is actual news, and what is made up shyte from that “wiki” blog.

first of all all those things mentioned by follica in the patent are different “EMBODIMENTS” of the patent. not stuff that they will definitely use in their process.

and it seems to be a “throw everything at the wall and see what sticks” list.

i mean everything but the kitchen sink is on that list.

everything that has ever remotely been claimed by researchers to cure hairloss or grow hair.

antibacterials? really, this reminds me of the claims about fungus causing hairloss, and then if you treat it with anti bacterials or anti fungal agents it will cure the hairloss.

maybe to a small degree, but the fact that follica made a list that long of all those potential possibilities, and they don’t even have any idea themselves of what they will ultimately use, says 2 things to me:

1. that they are a long, long way from developing a method that really works well

2. that if they know so little about what will work, and they mention all those possibilities, they probably haven’t tested it well enough yet to even establish the basics, like whether the whole dermabrasion + “some kind of chemical or drug” will even grow hair at all.

i’m confused about follica.

on the one hand they’re raising all this money and that’s a very promising thing.

on the other hand they threw everything but the kitchen sink into that patent and that suggests they don’t have too many clues yet about the whole thing.

which suggests to me this whole follica thing may be founded upon one of dr. cotsarelis’ “hunches”.

he finds that dermabrading or wounding skin grows hair in a mouse, and then extrapolates that to growing hair in humans.

then he sells the whole thing to follica and they raise a bunch of money based on speculation and hunches.

i’m slightly excited, but the proof will be in the pudding as they say… so i can’t get that overwhelmingly excited just yet.

they’ve shown us the money, now they gotta show us the evidence.

» but this speaking in English…. today per the morning baldy baby said that
» this was about a Portuguese site without no knowledge… proves that idiotic
» it has in all the parts.:wink:

it’s not the same site.

the site you first posted was in portuguese.

it doesn’t matter which article went up first on the web, they are both based on speculation.

they are both reading INTO stuff that follica said, and inferring stuff about the follica treatment without actually getting information or quotes straight from follica.

bb-

how was that article sensational, and what was made up “shyte”?

to my knowledge, it’s all accurate and none of it is overstated. the references to “secret ingredients” is a sarcastic jab at how evasive they were being over public information in an as-typical-over-generalized patent application. which you’re apparently reading too far into. i’m with you on the kitchen sink interpretation otherwise.

it’s a light hearted, speculative take. why are bald people so cranky?

ps, a “wiki” is something edited by anyone. feel free to remove some shyte and improve the accuracy :smiley:

Dr. C owns follica. He has equity in the company. He has been publishing papers since the late 90’s on the hair follicle, stem cells, and wounding. At any time he could have started a company, but did not do so until recently. I am pretty sure that he feels that what he is doing is going to work. Does that mean it is going to work, no, but I think it is more then a hunch.

The patent has everything in it to keep what they have protected. Follica is a company that is in business to make money. The last thing they want is competition.

» Dr. C owns follica. He has equity in the company. He has been publishing
» papers since the late 90’s on the hair follicle, stem cells, and wounding.
» At any time he could have started a company, but did not do so until
» recently. I am pretty sure that he feels that what he is doing is going to
» work. Does that mean it is going to work, no, but I think it is more then
» a hunch.
»
» The patent has everything in it to keep what they have protected. Follica
» is a company that is in business to make money. The last thing they want
» is competition.

as far as i know, he doesn’t “own” follica… he’s got a share of the company, a certain percentage of the equity. probably not a huge amount, as they’ve already raised venture capital.

It’s basically no more informative than the patent. Appreciate your efforts though.

» »
» It’s basically no more informative than the patent. Appreciate your
» efforts though.

Contrary to what the whiny-Baldbaby is claiming, Tressless did a good job simplifying what is in the Follica patent for you.

This is what you need to know about Follica: Experiment NUMBER 7
They grafted human donor SKIN discarded from a hair transplant to an immuno-deficient mouses back and abraded it…and it produced new hairs where there were none before.
AND*****************************************************They found they could replicate the results in other mice with other human skin grafted onto them—showing that this would be “doable” and not some one-time fluke.

We have seen two pictures of people on EGF-inhibitors (like you will be required to use—probably topically) who have had strange abnormal terminal hair growth. One on bald man in the front of his scalp, the other on someones nose. We speculate that these folks had some sunburn just a few days prior to getting on the getfitinib and it “hit” the embryonic window just right for the stem cells in the skin to “make” brand new hair follicles.

In experiments follica found that by adding minoxidil at the right time yielded greater results as well as adding an EGF-antagonist at the right time. Adding FGF, which they apparently dont plan to do according to the patent, yielded better results in mice also. The anti-microbial and antibacterial adjuvants might just be so that you dont get some kind of infection in the abraded/laser resurfaced/chemical peeled area. It may have no relation to hair growth at all.

Cal and TAGOHL have “tried” follica at home with the very base essentials of the patent…wounding and egf antagonism. I imagine in a month or so either of them will be able to tell us if they see any terminal hair or not. Follica is going to do tests in humans (already have set it up with Harvard), so we will know if it works or it doesn’t in human beings. The cyclosporin might be necessary to make it go, but I certainly hope not. But they put it in the patent.

Note to all…I have a feeling that if you got on cyclosporin for about 12 days or so and wounded your scalp with a sunburn or whatever about five days in…you’d probably have some suprise growth on your head. In the human skin experiment, they didn’t use any EGF-antagonist or minox or anything else at all-----and they got some hair where the hair had been surgically removed. But you cannot get cycosporin without a doc’s prescript so its a moot point.

We don’t know how much of the company was sold, what its market value was determined to be, so we cant say how much of a share he has. I am merely trying to point out this is more then just a hunch. It is based off of decades of research. Read the papers that are on his bio at Penn. Listen to these audio clips from this article.

http://www.sciencefriday.com/newsbriefs/read/117

He sites information going back to the 30’s. He and he colleagues founded follica and raised capital, because they are at the point in there research where they believe it they can have a product soon. Does any of this mean it will work in humans, no. But it is more then a hunch and I would be willing to bet they have many clues

» We don’t know how much of the company was sold, what its market value was
» determined to be, so we cant say how much of a share he has. I am merely
» trying to point out this is more then just a hunch. It is based off of
» decades of research. Read the papers that are on his bio at Penn. Listen
» to these audio clips from this article.
»
» http://www.sciencefriday.com/newsbriefs/read/117
»
» He sites information going back to the 30’s. He and he colleagues founded
» follica and raised capital, because they are at the point in there research
» where they believe it they can have a product soon. Does any of this mean
» it will work in humans, no. But it is more then a hunch and I would be
» willing to bet they have many clues

if they’re citing information going back to the 30s, it really scares me. that’s not a good sign.

if they’ve known shyte about this stuff since the 30s and it never materialized into anything, what makes it seem like anything will happen out of it now?

it’s like, scientists have known about the concept of “cold fusion” since the 50s or 60s. but nothing’s ever come out of it, and the idea is mostly discredited in scientific circles.

same shyte, different year.

»
» Note to all…I have a feeling that if you got on
» cyclosporin for about 12 days or so and wounded your scalp with a sunburn
» or whatever about five days in…you’d probably have some
» suprise growth on your head. In the human skin experiment, they didn’t use
» any EGF-antagonist or minox or anything else at all-----and they got some
» hair where the hair had been surgically removed. But you cannot get
» cycosporin without a doc’s prescript so its a moot point.

It looks as though you can get it here without a perscription…?

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s47894-s-NEORAL.aspx

I followed it through to the checkout point and it never asked me for one…

» »
» » Note to all…I have a feeling that if you got
» on
» » cyclosporin for about 12 days or so and wounded your scalp with a
» sunburn
» » or whatever about five days in…you’d probably have some
» » suprise growth on your head. In the human skin experiment, they didn’t
» use
» » any EGF-antagonist or minox or anything else at all-----and they got
» some
» » hair where the hair had been surgically removed. But you cannot get
» » cycosporin without a doc’s prescript so its a moot point.
»
» It looks as though you can get it here without a perscription…?
»
» http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s47894-s-NEORAL.aspx
»
» I followed it through to the checkout point and it never asked me for
» one…

here is what they say about ordering without a perscription:

Do I require a prescription to order from your company?
You do not need to send us your current prescription when placing orders through our escrow service. Every order that is placed through our company will be first approved by a licensed physician before being sent to the pharmacy for dispatch. Your medical information provided at the time of registration will be verified and your medical needs evaluated to determine by the Physician if treatment is appropriate. After the Physician approves your order, a prescription will be issued and will be sent off to our partner pharmacies for filling and shipment. Providing all the information you supplied during registration is accurate, your medication will be shipped without delay. If the physician has any further questions for you before approving your order, they will contact you directly to resolve the issues. The entire consultation process is free of charge.

Online consultations are a new concept in health care that utilize the Internet to improve patient access to physician care. The patient does not receive a traditional physical exam by the physician, but rather completes an online questionnaire and communicates with the physician using our secure online communication tool or by phone. Although online consultations will never take the place of traditional medicine, they do provide a means for patients to receive treatment for a limited number of conditions that, in certain circumstances, may not require a physical exam.

It is important to note that your privacy and security is our primary concern. All information is protected by Secure SSL Technology and we will only discuss a person’s information or history, with that person. No one will be able to gain access into your information, we take this very seriously keeping our clients information secure and confidential.

You could just say you had the exact symptoms needed to be elglible…