Follica DIY recipe

Guys, I’m kind of grateful specially with these people who tried to reproduce Follica in their houses.

Now it’s my turn. This is the first time I write something for this forum, however I’m reading you lot of time ago.

I want to join to that group who’s trying to success with homemade Follica. And I opened this thread to try to build a main Follica recipe, and then go forward and modify it according to results.

Since the patent is too long to read (and poor English users like me may find some problems understanding), it will be a good idea to make the recipe.

This is my list of posibilities (no wounding or timeline apply):

• Anti-androgen like Finas, Dutas, Keto…
  • Channel opener like Minoxidil
  • EGF-antagonist like Getfitnib, Erlonitib…
  • Retinoid like Trenitoin, Retinoic Acid…
  • Antiinflammatory like COX inhibitors
  • Anti-bacterial
  • Anti-microbial
  • Fiberblast growth factor (?)
  • Ectodyslplasin (‘EDAR’)
  • Beta-catenin
  • Lithium compounds
  • WNT proteins (at least in an older patient)

Hopefully you guys can complete this, like the time of application or wounding deep, to transform this thread in the “main thread” of Follica DIY.

WIPO: WIPO - Search International and National Patent Collections

Follica at this forum: site:http://www.hairsite.com/ follica - Google Search

Back to this topic.

I wanna throw out a warning to DIY experimenters here.

I haven’t talked about the last time I monkeyed with wounding-based regrowth experiments on the net. But I did a little thing this summer and the results are starting to concern me lately.

The whole thing wasn’t really a good concerted effort, I just wanted to get something out of the rest of my Leflunomide tablets rather than throw them in the trash.

In about July I chugged down a small wad of Leflunomide, maybe 200mg worth. Not quite a full loading dose but much more than a daily hit. I did this 3 or 4 days after wounding a couple of hairline spots. I used topical Hydrocortisone cream on the areas for a few weeks from right after the wounding itself.

Anyway, it has now been about 3 or 4 months since the wounding. The areas where I did it appear to be WORSE THAN BEFORE in regards to hair growth.

It’s just a couple of spots on my fading hairline. I’m not exactly crying myself to sleep over it every night. But I have not seen much regrowth of the thinning hairs in the areas that I experimented on. Now they look more barren of hair than their surroundings. More barren of hair than before I did the experiment.

Of course maybe the spots will still start poking up new hairs in the coming months and I’ll change my tune. No telling yet. But as of right now, I think I may have lost more hair than I gained myself in this last run.

I’m sorry that your experience has been like that, and I hope you at least see some improvement in the following months.

I opened this thread to make a recipe and improve it thanks to the experiments you and others did. That’s the only reason I think it’s not “another thread”.

» Back to this topic.
»
»
» I wanna throw out a warning to DIY
» experimenters here.

»
» I haven’t talked about the last time I monkeyed with wounding-based
» regrowth experiments on the net. But I did a little thing this summer and
» the results are starting to concern me lately.
»
»
»
» The whole thing wasn’t really a good concerted effort, I just wanted to
» get something out of the rest of my Leflunomide tablets rather than throw
» them in the trash.
»
» In about July I chugged down a small wad of Leflunomide, maybe 200mg
» worth. Not quite a full loading dose but much more than a daily hit. I did
» this 3 or 4 days after wounding a couple of hairline spots. I used topical
» Hydrocortisone cream on the areas for a few weeks from right after the
» wounding itself.
»
»
»
»
» Anyway, it has now been about 3 or 4 months since the wounding.
» The areas where I did it appear to be WORSE THAN BEFORE in
» regards to hair growth.

»
» It’s just a couple of spots on my fading hairline. I’m not exactly crying
» myself to sleep over it every night. But I have not seen much regrowth of
» the thinning hairs in the areas that I experimented on. Now they look more
» barren of hair than their surroundings. More barren of hair than before I
» did the experiment.
»
»
» Of course maybe the spots will still start poking up new hairs in the
» coming months and I’ll change my tune. No telling yet. But as of right
» now, I think I may have lost more hair than I gained myself in this last
» run.

man if you decide to use antinadrogens and minoxidil with retin A there is no telling if the results you ll see will be only from transdermal delivery of the antiandrogens and the minoxidil working.

I am not familiar with the follica patent but if they use minox and antiadrogens is BS.

» I am not familiar with the follica patent but if they use minox and
» antiadrogens is BS.

Not true in this case.

Whether they’ve had luck so far or not, whether they ultimately succeed or not, the Folica operation has intentions of of making SERIOUS progress on solving the MPB problem once and for all.

They’ve done more or less a “kitchen sink” job of patenting tons of variations on their basic theme in the last few years. Some that are using existing MPB drugs and some without.

I think the deluge of patents has a lot more to do with covering their butt (in terms of trade secrets) than trying to disguise a worthless product. It gives their competitors numerous things to try if they attempt to copy Folica. And it also makes sure a competitor can’t just make a slight change to the mix and patent their own deal almost identical to it.

I do not describe my own issue above in an attempt to blow holes in the entire Folica story, but rather just to warn others who are experimenting with it.

We have not previously been operating under the idea that these experiments could potentially do any damage to the existing hair. But that may indeed be the case.

i have read almost every post on follica on this site. the only thing that concerns me is no one has had any success with this working so far on this forum. it makes me question whether or not follica will work at all. i have only seen one person with good results i think their name was coffee. i am also thinking about trying this at home on my eyebrows later when i have more money saved up (prolly around chirstmas time). i seriously hope it does work though.

» i am also thinking about trying this at home on my eyebrows later when i
» have more money saved up (prolly around chirstmas time). i seriously hope
» it does work though.

Ok, I’ll bite: what happened to your eyebrows?

» » i am also thinking about trying this at home on my eyebrows later when i
» » have more money saved up (prolly around chirstmas time). i seriously
» hope
» » it does work though.
»
» Ok, I’ll bite: what happened to your eyebrows?

kinda missing the point i thought what was important was wether follica worked. sorry i mentioned that specific issue unless whats more important than the effectivness of follica is giving me sh*t about that.

any way there messed up ok.

all i care about is if follica works or not…

»
» any way there messed up ok.
»

How so? Were they burned off? Did they fall off?

» »
» » any way there messed up ok.
» »
»
» How so? Were they burned off? Did they fall off?

Did it myself. I literally ruined my entire life. It is my own fault I know that. I shaved them one day cuz I thought they were to bushy and they never grew back. There is still less than half there on each but yes I look like a freak. I can’t even stand to look at myself. I never knew the consequences of my actions. I always thought they’d grow back. I hate myself for doing something so stupied. I regreat it ever time I take a breath. I cannot believe of all the people in the world I must be one of if not the only person to have done something so stupied.

I just hope that follica will help me. I am human I deserve to live a better life just like you.

I know u said that hm will not work. I bet your right but if there is a chance then I must keep faith.

This post was oringally about finding out if we can figure out if follicas recipe works let’s focus on that. This thread could be useful. I will post later on what I plan to do but right now I am thinking copying coffee’s expirement would be best since he seemed to get good results.

I pray it works. Again I’m thinking of trying around Christmas. If anyone has gotten this to work already or has any ideas post em here.

Btw virgo is obvisouly the same person as darkspiri… me.
For some reason I got 2 names on here.

I guess everyone makes mistakes though I’m just hoping for a second chance.

» » »
» » » any way there messed up ok.
» » »
» »
» » How so? Were they burned off? Did they fall off?
»
» Did it myself. I literally ruined my entire life. It is my own fault I
» know that. I shaved them one day cuz I thought they were to bushy and they
» never grew back. There is still less than half there on each but yes I
» look like a freak. I can’t even stand to look at myself. I never knew the
» consequences of my actions. I always thought they’d grow back. I hate
» myself for doing something so stupied. I regreat it ever time I take a
» breath. I cannot believe of all the people in the world I must be one of
» if not the only person to have done something so stupied.
»
» I just hope that follica will help me. I am human I deserve to live a
» better life just like you.
»
» I know u said that hm will not work. I bet your right but if there is a
» chance then I must keep faith.
»
» This post was oringally about finding out if we can figure out if follicas
» recipe works let’s focus on that. This thread could be useful. I will
» post later on what I plan to do but right now I am thinking copying
» coffee’s expirement would be best since he seemed to get good results.
»
» I pray it works. Again I’m thinking of trying around Christmas. If
» anyone has gotten this to work already or has any ideas post em here.

Have you seen a doctor about it? Its very odd that they wouldn’t grow back. What about transplants? You said half of them are left. You could harvest some from the remaining brows and do a fue transplant. That, in combination with some makeup should give you a reasonably normal apperance.

To be honest, I don’t know if HM would work for eye brows. But HM is going to work, its just a matter of when.

» I think the deluge of patents has a lot more to do with covering their
» butt (in terms of trade secrets) than trying to disguise a worthless
» product. It gives their competitors numerous things to try if they attempt
» to copy Folica. And it also makes sure a competitor can’t just make a
» slight change to the mix and patent their own deal almost identical to it.

I use to think the same thing but after seeing the histogen results I think it has more to do with different people needing different amounts of each ingredient.

You’re not the first guy on earth to shave off his eyebrows. I don’t know what the “normal” growback time is, but I do know that it’s a long while. Like many months or a couple years. I would be surprised if they did not EVENTUALLY grow back to what they were.

Thanks cal, thanks fckhrls!

I really do apreciate your help it is good to have people like you who are willing to shoot me some insight. For now I’ll try to accept. As for the fue thing I don’t think it will work… Maybe it would come close to restoring just one. I could always take it from the back of my head too but I’m not gonna do that cuz it looks fake and grows long. Hopfully they do come back in time or something like hm will help.

Again it is very kind of you to offer me help.

I am still considering trying the follica expirement in the future…

I shall continue to keep my eye on follica/hm but try to not be unrealistic either.

Kind regards,
darkspirit

» Thanks cal, thanks fckhrls!
»
» I really do apreciate your help it is good to have people like you who are
» willing to shoot me some insight. For now I’ll try to accept. As for the
» fue thing I don’t think it will work… Maybe it would come close to
» restoring just one. I could always take it from the back of my head too
» but I’m not gonna do that cuz it looks fake and grows long. Hopfully they
» do come back in time or something like hm will help.
»
» Again it is very kind of you to offer me help.
»
» I am still considering trying the follica expirement in the future…
»
» I shall continue to keep my eye on follica/hm but try to not be
» unrealistic either.
»
» Kind regards,
» darkspirit

They can FUE bodyhair. If they took very short hair (like from your arms) and selected for shortness (like upper-arm hair) it wouldn’t grow very long, and you could always trim it. They could build the brows with FUE from existing brow hair, then fill with bodyhair. Between what’s left and what could be taken from you body hair, you should be able to get a cosmetically acceptable result.

Dr Woods in Australia does eyebrow FUE using fine nape hair. The cost of getting there is an issue along with procedure costs but the end results are good.

Albert did u ever give it a try? R u still planning on it?

I’d be extremely surprised if your eyebrow hair doesn’t grow back - I think it just grows sloooooooow on everybody. Continually plucking them can damage them but that is the case with all hair.

(bumping roger_that’s threads off the bottom of the page)