I am a new member of your great forum. That’s why I first want to introduce myself: i am 26 years, a norwood ~2-3 and take 1mg Proscar/day since 2005.
My main problem is a constant high hairloss rate (100-150 hairs/day)which is even increasing within the last month.
That’s why I am searching for a topical, which may help me to decrease the hairloss/keep my status.
I tried Minoxidil last year for about 3 months, but I suffered from sides like headache and the alcohol/PPG in it caused scalp-troubles.
I’ve already read a few articles and posts in various forums about topical Spiro and Flutamide, which may be able to help me decreasing the hairlossrate.
Now I can’t decide which one to choose:
arguments for spiro (compared to fluta):
- there is a cream available (Dr. Lee), which means it’s not so likely to suffer from scalp irritation
- there aren’t many reports about systemical side-effects
- it seems to be a little bit cheaper
arguments for flutamide:
- it’s a stronger anti-androgen (at least oral taken)
- it has no smell (although the spiro-cream of Dr. Lee is called “oderless”, I’ve read that it still causes bad breath/sweat?!)
As it seems, that some of you are real experts with not only theoretical experience, I’d like to ask whether you would decide?
I’d also appreciate any comments on my arguments (are they all right?)!
Has anyone of you had success with one of these topicals?
Thank you very much for your help!!!