First Day with Dr. Umar

I arrived at Dermhair Clinic at 7:30 this morning. I was greeted by his office staff and immediately felt comfortable. Then entered Dr. Umar. Everything you have heard about this man is absolutely true. He is a complete class act.

I will share pictures of my progress as time goes on.

BTW I am getting 3000 plus grafts for scar repair, light hairline work and some work in the crown.

Good luck, Rooster! Are you having BHT or FUE? Dr. Umar really is a class act although I have never met him in person, he has been very quick to reply to my emails in the past - where he finds the time, I do not know.

Thanks for your good wishes. I’m having a combo of FUE and BHT. The hair for my hairline is coming from the back and side of my head. The hair for my strip scar repair and crown will be beard hair. Everything went great the first day. I’m a tad nervous about getting on a plane on Friday morning. My wife is telling me everything will be fine and as usual she is probably right!

The donor site on the back of my neck looks great today. It just looks like I have a bit of sunburn, which isn’t too uncommon out here in CA. The recipient site looks like well, a recipient site. In a couple days it will look fine.

On to Dr. Umar, once again he is like no one else in the field. He listens to your goals and ideas and does not brush you off like others I have dealt with in the past. I would recommend him with no reservations whatsoever. I’ve been to another “Dr.” for four transplants,and consulted with another three about my current situation. Two wanted to do more strip and one wouldn’t even touch me. Dr. Umar is truly unlike anyone in this field and his results and patient testimonials speak for themselves.

Will I be back to see him in the future for more work? Without a doubt.

Once I get home I’ll post pics regularly to show my progress. I have two more days with Dr. Umar, one day to rest up, and then back home.

» Good luck, Rooster! Are you having BHT or FUE? Dr. Umar really is a class
» act although I have never met him in person, he has been very quick to
» reply to my emails in the past - where he finds the time, I do not know.

» Thanks for your good wishes. I’m having a combo of FUE and BHT. The hair
» for my hairline is coming from the back and side of my head. The hair for
» my strip scar repair and crown will be beard hair. Everything went great
» the first day. I’m a tad nervous about getting on a plane on Friday
» morning. My wife is telling me everything will be fine and as usual she is
» probably right!
»
» The donor site on the back of my neck looks great today. It just looks
» like I have a bit of sunburn, which isn’t too uncommon out here in CA. The
» recipient site looks like well, a recipient site. In a couple days it will
» look fine.
»
» On to Dr. Umar, once again he is like no one else in the field. He listens
» to your goals and ideas and does not brush you off like others I have dealt
» with in the past. I would recommend him with no reservations whatsoever.
» I’ve been to another “Dr.” for four transplants,and consulted with another
» three about my current situation. Two wanted to do more strip and one
» wouldn’t even touch me. Dr. Umar is truly unlike anyone in this field and
» his results and patient testimonials speak for themselves.
»
» Will I be back to see him in the future for more work? Without a doubt.
»
» Once I get home I’ll post pics regularly to show my progress. I have two
» more days with Dr. Umar, one day to rest up, and then back home.
»
»
» » Good luck, Rooster! Are you having BHT or FUE? Dr. Umar really is a
» class
» » act although I have never met him in person, he has been very quick to
» » reply to my emails in the past - where he finds the time, I do not know.

hes a workaholic, he knows it takes big numbers for improvement and he does what it takes, working till all hours with minimal help, no one can touch him in this regard, this is what sets him apart, my last trip he even drove me to the hotel, personally

» Thanks for your good wishes. I’m having a combo of FUE and BHT. The hair
» for my hairline is coming from the back and side of my head. The hair for
» my strip scar repair and crown will be beard hair.

Hey Rooster, that’s exactly what I want to do for my strip scar. How many beard grafts are you using for your strip scar? Do you have a large scar? Good luck and please give regular updates.

Rooster:

Best of luck, man! I know what it takes to sit in that chair for long periods of time, but could not imagine what it is like to go through what you have/will. I was just in LA two weeks ago for a 1500-graft FUE with Armani. I hope that you can find something decent to wear on your head. I got some very strange looks at LAX wearing surgical cap. I hope the next few days go as well as the first. I cannot wait to see your results. The idea of using beard hair in donor scar is very interesting to me.

I would say I had roughly 1300 put into my scars. I had one really fine scar and one slightly larger one. It’s awesome though, three days out I can see the hairs coming out of the scars. All my donor areas are healing great as well. As soon as I pick up a USB, I’m going to post some pics of my scars. In a few months, hopefully my scars will no longer be an issue.

I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Umar. I had a lot of anxiety due to my plane ride and was very antsy lying on the table for hours and he was very understanding and put up with my antics. He’s a truly a great man.

» » Thanks for your good wishes. I’m having a combo of FUE and BHT. The hair
» » for my hairline is coming from the back and side of my head. The hair
» for
» » my strip scar repair and crown will be beard hair.
»
» Hey Rooster, that’s exactly what I want to do for my strip scar. How many
» beard grafts are you using for your strip scar? Do you have a large scar?
» Good luck and please give regular updates.

Luckily I got through LAX security with a loose ball cap. I was so afraid they were going to make me take it off. There was a security alert right before my wife and I went through. I just about dropped a load in my pants. I made it home safe and sound with no problems. Now it’s just time to heal up and follow my post op instructions to the T!

» Rooster:
»
» Best of luck, man! I know what it takes to sit in that chair for long
» periods of time, but could not imagine what it is like to go through what
» you have/will. I was just in LA two weeks ago for a 1500-graft FUE with
» Armani. I hope that you can find something decent to wear on your head. I
» got some very strange looks at LAX wearing surgical cap. I hope the next
» few days go as well as the first. I cannot wait to see your results. The
» idea of using beard hair in donor scar is very interesting to me.

I’m pretty excited about the beard hair too. My wife keeps looking at my scars and talking about the hairs poking out. Haven’t seen that in about six years! All the beard hairs appear to be in there. I hope they return once they shed. I’m pretty sure beard hair will shed just like scalp hair. If not, even better! Once I heal up a bit more, I’ll post some pics. The areas are still kind of red. My donor sites look good. My neck still has a slight rash where the grafts were taken from, but it is literally improving each day from the creams prescribed by Dr. Umar. Filling in my scars is the answer to my prayers. A little more work in the front 1/3 of my head and it’s buzz cut time.

» Rooster:
»
» Best of luck, man! I know what it takes to sit in that chair for long
» periods of time, but could not imagine what it is like to go through what
» you have/will. I was just in LA two weeks ago for a 1500-graft FUE with
» Armani. I hope that you can find something decent to wear on your head. I
» got some very strange looks at LAX wearing surgical cap. I hope the next
» few days go as well as the first. I cannot wait to see your results. The
» idea of using beard hair in donor scar is very interesting to me.

Just curious,did you have to sign a waver prior to surgery? Did the waver mention that you could not discuss your procedure on the internet if things went wrong?

» Just curious,did you have to sign a waver prior to surgery? Did the waver
» mention that you could not discuss your procedure on the internet if things
» went wrong?
i had beard hair with dr umar and at 4 months ive had some decent growth thus far, and no scarring on my face all at a reasonable price, without beard hair id be screwed, i have massive scarring and i am desperate to improve and many clinics and docs have taken advantage, and i have never let anything deter me from alerting others exactly who they were, so they would not suffer the same fate, mostly those posts get deleted, i dont know what you mean if anything went wrong, all umars patients are extremely gratefull and happy so what has gone wrong? or could you give some advice on what i should do

» went wrong?

Tickle,

Where or from who did you here of such a waiver?

Not sure what you’re refering to in terms of a gag order type deal. Any surgery is a gamble, but I felt very secure in the hands of Dr. Umar. We’ll see how it goes. I believe Dr. Umar to be a stand up guy in my dealings with him, and he stands behind his work. He does the best with what is presented to him.

» went wrong?

I asked a very simple,straight forward question & as usual I couldn’t get a straight answer.Let’s try again.
When you had your procedure,were you asked to sign ANY papers prior to surgery? (Wavers/consent forms) YES or NO?
If the answer is “YES” what did these papers say? You must have read the papers before you signed it. Did they specifically state that you would face legal prosecution if you publicly made negative comments about your procedure?

Just out of curiosity,how long did it take for your “rash” to clear up after a beard hair TP? If there was any beard hair left behind in the donor area, how long before you could start shaving again? Are there any white dots in your donor area ?

First of all I apologize I was not trying to dodge your questions. It was typical hair transplant paperwork about malpractice law etc. There was nothing in the paperwork about speaking about my procedure. I was advised of the pros and cons of body hair transplantation and chose to do the surgery.There was nothing about legal action.

My beard looks like I have a light sunburn at this point a week out. It looks really good.

» I asked a very simple,straight forward question & as usual I couldn’t get a
» straight answer.Let’s try again.
» When you had your procedure,were you asked to sign ANY papers prior to
» surgery? (Wavers/consent forms) YES or NO?
» If the answer is “YES” what did these papers say? You must have read the
» papers before you signed it. Did they specifically state that you would
» face legal prosecution if you publicly made negative comments about your
» procedure?
»
» Just out of curiosity,how long did it take for your “rash” to clear up
» after a beard hair TP? If there was any beard hair left behind in the donor
» area, how long before you could start shaving again? Are there any white
» dots in your donor area ?

I was advised to wait two weeks to shave. There is still a lot of hair left. All the hair was taken from the from of my neck. Luckily I’ve been blessed with a ton of beard hair and it is not really coarse. I never grow a beard anyway, so I wouldn’t miss hair.

» procedure?
»

Travis,

We do not have anything of the sorts in our consents. We do however provide that we be able to respond to any allegations on any forum/media by presenting our side of a story using facts. fair enough?

Regards,

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

» procedure?
»

» procedure?
»

You know what would be a good idea is to put all the doctors legal consent form on the web. I have only been to 1 doctor all my life so I am curious what other doctors ask you to sign. Anyone?

First of all,Thank you Dr Umar
Thank you for being the ONLY doctor on this forum to address me & give me a direct answer.
I am sure you have realised that someone told me something about you & this sparked my line of questioning.Thank you for being man enough to respond,now I know who the real liar is.It never ceases to amaze me just how cut throat this industry is.Certain doctors can use their imaginations to fabricate lies about other doctors but can’t use their imaginations to provide decent hair restoration techniques.

As for doctors posting their wavers & consent forms. Well,I have bad news for you buddy.A Doctor doesn’t need a waver to protect himself from legal action. A doctor’s clinical notes offer protection as well.If a doctor writes a list of side effect on his clinical notes then these clinical notes can be admitted as evidence in court.Example,You have a BHT & end up with hideous white dots all over your body & very little hair growth.A doctor can go to his notes & write ‘I told the patient that he could get white dots & that the hair may not grow but the patient still wanted the surgery’ This will be admitted as evidence & the judge will take the doctors word over the patients.Case closed.
So,offering no wavers is not the big deal it’s made out to be.