Fighting these battles

This is just something i thought i should share. Hair loss has been a battle that i and all of you have been fighting. I’ve been battling it ever since i was 19. It grew and grew on me to a point that it’s all i ever thought about was my hair loss and why did God allow this to happen to me. Because of it, i would always turn my back away from God. I’n 2003, i started a drug called avodart. It gave me the best head of hair i had ever had. My confidence was through the roof, had girls hollering at me, flirting with me like crazy. Then found out it was causing me serious skin side effects. I knew that i was going to have to get off it. It turned my world up side down knowing i found the Holy Grail to my hair loss problem, knowing it all was going to be taken away from me. I’d blame God and say how could this happen to me. I went through this big spiritual battle.I lost the girl of my dreams as well, as i pretty much just stopped talking to her and avoided her knowing that my looks were going to fade because my hair loss was going to start again. My skin side effects were not going away. I was terrified. I got extremely depressed and had suicidal thoughts pretty often. Then i thought, i think God is teaching me a lessen by putting me in the most difficult time in my life. You see, i always put my hair loss and my looks above God and everything else. So i think he was wanting me to forget about my hair loss, just let it go!! I began praying very deeply, watching sermans on TV, reading the Bible. I finally understood why he allowed all this to come crashing in on me. Knowing that i was putting all this above him, he knew that i needed a wake up call. I believe he will take away anything that me or anyone else puts above him. Now that its over, i believe it’s brought me closer to God, i’m way more happier now and am glad that it happened this way. I don’t put my hair loss first anymore. I’m currently just using Rogaine Foam and it’s done a great job for me. But like i said i’m way more happier now. My skin side effects have gone away, i still get winks from girls. I believe it was all a big test.

In short, i hope some of you others can relate to this and try to put God first in your life, and if you do, you will be much better off in the long run.

Oh come on… what a load of drivel. You might think that there is a God but I certainly don’t.

keep your religious crap to yourself, no one wants to hear that you believe in fairytales.

» keep your religious crap to yourself, no one wants to hear that you believe
» in fairytales.

whatever helps him to feel better …

No offence mate but…BOLLOCKS!!!

you dont have to put god first,
you have to , however, stop putting your appearance and your hair above all other things

believe me people do not care about your hair 1 percent as much as you think they do

the quicker you understand this the better off you are

» whatever helps him to feel better …

sure, just don’t start preaching to others about it. This is a site to discuss hair issues not to share his experiences about his imaginary unprovable god, he can go on any other forums for that.

» » whatever helps him to feel better …
»
» sure, just don’t start preaching to others about it. This is a site to
» discuss hair issues not to share his experiences about his imaginary
» unprovable god, he can go on any other forums for that.

he probably hopes that god will make an exception and save his hair.

I mean as long as he’s not spamming the forums every day. I have no problem tolerating anyones OCD.

» » » whatever helps him to feel better …
» »
» » sure, just don’t start preaching to others about it. This is a site to
» » discuss hair issues not to share his experiences about his imaginary
» » unprovable god, he can go on any other forums for that.
»
» he probably hopes that god will make an exception and save his hair.
»
» I mean as long as he’s not spamming the forums every day. I have no
» problem tolerating anyones OCD.

Ouch!! You all are as bitter as Scrooge. Buh hum bug!!

You all must believe in evolution or believe in nothing. How sad.

As a moderately religious guy I certainly don’t understand how God is teaching you a lesson by making your hair fall out. By that logic, God is punishing the entire third world because God thinks they need to be taught a lesson. Exactly what lesson does my 9 year sponsor child need to learn?.. and what makes her so different from the 9 year old living across from me?

If you believe in God than you really need to stop believing God is controlling every aspect of your life. You’re not a puppet, and you’re not someone’s voodoo doll either. Prayer can be a good source of meditation, but you just can’t embrace religion with a fanatical mindset… that’s how wars get started (like the one in this thread for example).

God could have made my scalp any way he wanted. He made it go bald.

Mankind struggles to understand the most basic aspects of the human body. They’re struggling to find a way to reverse my MPB.

I know which one I respect more.

» As a moderately religious guy I certainly don’t understand how God is
» teaching you a lesson by making your hair fall out. By that logic, God is
» punishing the entire third world because God thinks they need to be taught
» a lesson. Exactly what lesson does my 9 year sponsor child need to
» learn?.. and what makes her so different from the 9 year old living across
» from me?
»
» If you believe in God than you really need to stop believing God is
» controlling every aspect of your life. You’re not a puppet, and you’re not
» someone’s voodoo doll either. Prayer can be a good source of meditation,
» but you just can’t embrace religion with a fanatical mindset… that’s how
» wars get started (like the one in this thread for example).
»
»
»
»
»

Well stated.

Whats the point of this sterile religious discussion ? nothing …It will get you nowhere…Will it give your more hair next time you want to have hot chicks ? surely not…This is a Research board for GOD’s SAKE !

» God could have made my scalp any way he wanted. He made it go bald.
»
» Mankind struggles to understand the most basic aspects of the human body.
» They’re struggling to find a way to reverse my MPB.
»
» I know which one I respect more.

Heck, God could also end world hunger, disease, and our fuel crisis. God could also put a few billion in my bank account, and make me breakfast every morning. Consider this: if life is a test than it would lose it’s charm if we got all the answers beforehand; don’t expect the professor to help you cheat on your exam.

I have no idea why we brought the concept of God into this debate. Hair loss sucks, and it’s convenient to blame others (whether they be our parents/ genetics or God). Humans are pretty good at blaming others; we’re also pretty good at solving problems. Let’s focus on the later, and leave the God debate for another day.

» I have no idea why we brought the concept of God into this debate.

Well, not such a strange subject, this is a believers’ forum after all, isn’t it ? :wink:

» Well, not such a strange subject, this is a believers’ forum after all,
» isn’t it ? :wink:

lol. You got me there; this forum is fairly dependent on faith.

» » Well, not such a strange subject, this is a believers’ forum after all,
» » isn’t it ? :wink:
»
» lol. You got me there; this forum is fairly dependent on faith.
»
»
»

I was telling my experience. You can take it as you will. I don’t care. I posted this topic and if you don’t like, cry me a river. Obviously, you know nothing about God or you wouldn’t saying that crap. You all are a bunch of drama queens looking to just jump all over somebody when you get the chance. Guess what, i’ll argue with you all day, and i can defend everything i said. And prove you wrong in the process. You act like you’ve got so much important discussion going on like pointing out Celebrities who have hair loss. Wow, don’t let me interupt your important conversations that mean nothing.

» » Well, not such a strange subject, this is a believers’ forum after all,
» » isn’t it ? :wink:
»
» lol. You got me there; this forum is fairly dependent on faith.
»
»
»

This board is pushed forward by ferm Believers in Human power to get over every challenge mankind faced since ancient time. Its a Honour to be sucher a believer.

» » » Well, not such a strange subject, this is a believers’ forum after
» all,
» » » isn’t it ? :wink:
» »
» » lol. You got me there; this forum is fairly dependent on faith.
» »
» »
» »
»
» This board is pushed forward by Believers in Human power to get over every
» challenge mankind faced since the ancient time. Its a Honour to be sucher a
» believer.

I never said humans can’t overcome obsticales. I never said we can’t think for ourselves.We have the option on making right and wrong decisions. We have the morals.You all are putting words in my mouth. But if you put trust in God,leave everything that you don’t have control of up to him, good things will happen that you being a human, have no control over. Us having hair, isn’t exactly a priority with God. Don’t get me wrong, i want a hair loss cure or better treatment as much as anyone. But my message is, when your in tough times like what i went through, going to God, our creator, would be a good move.

» I don’t care. I posted this topic and if you don’t like, cry me a river.
» Obviously, you know nothing about God or you wouldn’t saying that
» crap.
… and you do? You think God is personally punishing you with hair loss.

» i can defend everything i said. And prove you wrong in the process.
The Pope, himself, can’t prove God’s existence, so I’m dying to hear your explanation.
How do you quantify an intangible concept like faith? Proving the concept of faith
is like proving the concept of love. So please, go on…