» » I literally can’t overstate the impact that Pantothenic acid has made in
» » curing my acne. My body acne went from chronic & unfixable to
» completely
» » gone.
» »
» »
» » I’m convinced there has been some MPB improvement with it too. I wish
» I
» » had known about this stuff since puberty.
»
»
»
» Topically - an Azelaic acid based cream may also be useful.
»
»
»
» Clinical studies of 20% azelaic acid cream in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Comparison with vehicle and topical tretinoin - PubMed
»
»
»
» Regards
» Pete

Thanks Pete, I’m looking at the site. I also want to know more about Pantothenic Acid.

On a side note, I think there may be a small link between hair loss and acne.
Narrowed down to an excess amount of sebum. Excess sebum causes acne and is linked to hair loss as well. It may be interesting that if one can control and reverse the amount of sebum their body excretes, there may be a notice of decrease in hairs lost as well. This boils down to diet. I’m looking into the diet aspects these past few days and see if I can find a link between my diet and facial/body acne… and somehow see if it makes sence that it just may help my hair as well.

mj2003,

The bacteria in acne can get on your sheets and pillowcases, and you will be laying your head and shoulders on that night-after-night. I’d wash your sheets and pillowcases often, as well as washing the mattress.

Sebaceous glands are androgenically stimulated, so if you have alot-of-active-androgen receptors in your dermal tissues, you likely will be producing a lot of sebum. I “think” hyperkertainization might be the utter, most upstream cause of acne lesions. The keratinocytes dont’ slough off as they should in the infidulum, and get backed up and stuck in the excessive sebum secretions…and voila’, you have dead kt-cells in the skin’s hair follicle openings, still technically in the body. Inflammation commences from the immune system, and the follicle gets swollen, which inhibits the sebum from flowing outward as well as it should, which in turn just backs up more dead keratinocytes (hyperkeratinization). Inflammed skin (microinflammation, seen with a microscope) might be the reason even upstream from that, because an inflammed hair follicle is swollen and might inhibit some of the keratinocyes from sloughing off in the hair channel (infidula) like they are supposed to. Bacteria gets involved as the bacteria will live off the microbes and other things -in- the sebum still stuck in the skin. The sebum gets oxidized and turns dark, and this causes the appearance of a “blackhead”. When your white blood cells attack the blackhead (immune response) and cluster near the top of the skin, this causes a “whitehead”.

I remember reading years ago about how a tribe of folks who never had acne in South America (Uraguay I think) started to see their youth get acne when they migrated to a modern villiage and their teenagers started eating the modern junk food diet. Acne is serious stuff and it really effects people’s self esteem. Much more research is needed into the area in my opinion.

» mj2003,
»
»
» The bacteria in acne can get on your sheets and pillowcases, and you will
» be laying your head and shoulders on that night-after-night. I’d wash your
» sheets and pillowcases often, as well as washing the mattress.
»
»
»
» Sebaceous glands are androgenically stimulated, so if you have
» alot-of-active-androgen receptors in your dermal tissues, you likely will
» be producing a lot of sebum. I “think” hyperkertainization might be the
» utter, most upstream cause of acne lesions. The keratinocytes dont’ slough
» off as they should in the infidulum, and get backed up and stuck in the
» excessive sebum secretions…and voila’, you have dead kt-cells
» in the skin’s hair follicle openings, still technically in the body.
» Inflammation commences from the immune system, and the follicle gets
» swollen, which inhibits the sebum from flowing outward as well as it
» should, which in turn just backs up more dead keratinocytes
» (hyperkeratinization). Inflammed skin (microinflammation, seen with a
» microscope) might be the reason even upstream from that, because an
» inflammed hair follicle is swollen and might inhibit some of the
» keratinocyes from sloughing off in the hair channel (infidula) like they
» are supposed to. Bacteria gets involved as the bacteria will live off the
» microbes and other things -in- the sebum still stuck in the skin. The sebum
» gets oxidized and turns dark, and this causes the appearance of a
» “blackhead”. When your white blood cells attack the blackhead (immune
» response) and cluster near the top of the skin, this causes a “whitehead”.
»
»
»
»
»
» I remember reading years ago about how a tribe of folks who never had acne
» in South America (Uraguay I think) started to see their youth get acne when
» they migrated to a modern villiage and their teenagers started eating the
» modern junk food diet. Acne is serious stuff and it really effects people’s
» self esteem. Much more research is needed into the area in my opinion.

This is going to sound a little crazy, but before I got on Nizoral, I use to wash my scalp with a 10% benzoperoxide (the kind you can buy over-the-counter as an acne wash) every week or so. It seemed to really help with my scalp’s itchiness and oily hair, and at the time I noted an anecdotal decrease in shedding. I stopped as I got on Nizoral and it seemed to have the same effect.

I’m not saying that MPB and acne are the same problem.

But IMHO we’ve seen a strong increase in both of these issues in recent/modernized lifestyles that has been overlooked too much by modern science. They’re both accelerated by a combination of skin androgens and inflammation. SOMETHING is going on here.

BTW, to mj2003:

I get panto acid at a local health food store in 500mg capsules. It hasn’t been particularly difficult to find although they are often out of stock (just in the temporary 3-weeks-long kind of sense). It also is called Vitamin B5. You ain’t gonna find it at the corner big-chain drugstore but it’s out there.

I hesitate to get you too excited about the stuff because not everyone sees the huge benefits. Some guys even blame the stuff for hurting/worsening their hair and wish they had never touched it.

But the difference it made for my own case has been enormous.

I had body acne that was so stubborn that I had given up on treating it. Then I started megadosing B5 pills and the acne was wiped out in a few months. I went from not using acne products out of hopelessness, to not using acne products because I didn’t need them. THAT MUCH of a difference.

I started out really walloping my system with tons of the stuff. Huge risky levels like maybe 5000-8000mg per day. This was probably overkill and I wouldn’t take quite that much again in retrospect. It would have probably been better to not talk quite that much and just let the process play out a bit more gradually.

I gradually walked it down after a couple weeks of the huge levels, to about 2000mg/day within a month or two. My acne was seriously receding by then and if I skipped a day I could tell right off. I stayed at a maintinence dose of about 2000mg/day for maybe a year, and gradually got sloppy down to 1000mg/day after that and there are no further signs of trouble. I’m still taking it after maybe 2 or 3 years and the acne is still gone.

Like I said, I’d hate to get you over-excited for something that may not do you anything like this kind of good. But this is just the truth about my experience with it.

» » » I literally can’t overstate the impact that Pantothenic acid has made
» in
» » » curing my acne. My body acne went from chronic & unfixable to
» » completely
» » » gone.
» » »
» » »
» » » I’m convinced there has been some MPB improvement with it too. I
» wish
» » I
» » » had known about this stuff since puberty.
» »
» »
» »
» » Topically - an Azelaic acid based cream may also be useful.
» »
» »
» »
» » Clinical studies of 20% azelaic acid cream in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Comparison with vehicle and topical tretinoin - PubMed
» »
» »
» »
» » Regards
» » Pete
»
» Thanks Pete, I’m looking at the site. I also want to know more about
» Pantothenic Acid.
»
» On a side note, I think there may be a small link between hair loss and
» acne.
» Narrowed down to an excess amount of sebum. Excess sebum causes acne and
» is linked to hair loss as well. It may be interesting that if one can
» control and reverse the amount of sebum their body excretes, there may be a
» notice of decrease in hairs lost as well. This boils down to diet. I’m
» looking into the diet aspects these past few days and see if I can find a
» link between my diet and facial/body acne… and somehow see if it makes
» sence that it just may help my hair as well.

There is a link - heres my little theory.

In times of stress your body uses alot of DHEA and this converts into DHT hence acne. When your body is continually stressed it starts to produce this in short supply and your body starts to compensate via upregulating choelsterol - hence more acne.

Pantothenic slows this upregulation and may also shrink the sebaceous glands.

There really isnt a need to megadose - just build up slowly to a maintenance dose.

Regards
Pete

» mj2003,
»
»
» The bacteria in acne can get on your sheets and pillowcases, and you will
» be laying your head and shoulders on that night-after-night. I’d wash your
» sheets and pillowcases often, as well as washing the mattress.
»
»
»
» Sebaceous glands are androgenically stimulated, so if you have
» alot-of-active-androgen receptors in your dermal tissues, you likely will
» be producing a lot of sebum. I “think” hyperkertainization might be the
» utter, most upstream cause of acne lesions. The keratinocytes dont’ slough
» off as they should in the infidulum, and get backed up and stuck in the
» excessive sebum secretions…and voila’, you have dead kt-cells
» in the skin’s hair follicle openings, still technically in the body.
» Inflammation commences from the immune system, and the follicle gets
» swollen, which inhibits the sebum from flowing outward as well as it
» should, which in turn just backs up more dead keratinocytes
» (hyperkeratinization). Inflammed skin (microinflammation, seen with a
» microscope) might be the reason even upstream from that, because an
» inflammed hair follicle is swollen and might inhibit some of the
» keratinocyes from sloughing off in the hair channel (infidula) like they
» are supposed to. Bacteria gets involved as the bacteria will live off the
» microbes and other things -in- the sebum still stuck in the skin. The sebum
» gets oxidized and turns dark, and this causes the appearance of a
» “blackhead”. When your white blood cells attack the blackhead (immune
» response) and cluster near the top of the skin, this causes a “whitehead”.
»
»
»
»
»
» I remember reading years ago about how a tribe of folks who never had acne
» in South America (Uraguay I think) started to see their youth get acne when
» they migrated to a modern villiage and their teenagers started eating the
» modern junk food diet. Acne is serious stuff and it really effects people’s
» self esteem. Much more research is needed into the area in my opinion.

Reducing Stress and general detoxing / low sugar diet and an intake of Pantothenic acid should reverse the situation.

Regards
Pete

» » mj2003,
» »
» »
» » The bacteria in acne can get on your sheets and pillowcases, and you
» will
» » be laying your head and shoulders on that night-after-night. I’d wash
» your
» » sheets and pillowcases often, as well as washing the mattress.
» »
» »
» »
» » Sebaceous glands are androgenically stimulated, so if you have
» » alot-of-active-androgen receptors in your dermal tissues, you likely
» will
» » be producing a lot of sebum. I “think” hyperkertainization might be the
» » utter, most upstream cause of acne lesions. The keratinocytes dont’
» slough
» » off as they should in the infidulum, and get backed up and stuck in the
» » excessive sebum secretions…and voila’, you have dead
» kt-cells
» » in the skin’s hair follicle openings, still technically in the body.
» » Inflammation commences from the immune system, and the follicle gets
» » swollen, which inhibits the sebum from flowing outward as well as it
» » should, which in turn just backs up more dead keratinocytes
» » (hyperkeratinization). Inflammed skin (microinflammation, seen with a
» » microscope) might be the reason even upstream from that, because an
» » inflammed hair follicle is swollen and might inhibit some of the
» » keratinocyes from sloughing off in the hair channel (infidula) like
» they
» » are supposed to. Bacteria gets involved as the bacteria will live off
» the
» » microbes and other things -in- the sebum still stuck in the skin. The
» sebum
» » gets oxidized and turns dark, and this causes the appearance of a
» » “blackhead”. When your white blood cells attack the blackhead (immune
» » response) and cluster near the top of the skin, this causes a
» “whitehead”.
» »
» »
» »
» »
» »
» » I remember reading years ago about how a tribe of folks who never had
» acne
» » in South America (Uraguay I think) started to see their youth get acne
» when
» » they migrated to a modern villiage and their teenagers started eating
» the
» » modern junk food diet. Acne is serious stuff and it really effects
» people’s
» » self esteem. Much more research is needed into the area in my opinion.
»
»
»
» Reducing Stress and general detoxing / low sugar diet and an intake of
» Pantothenic acid should reverse the situation.
»
»
»
»
» Regards
» Pete

I dont know what detoxing is, but it’s funny you mentioned low sugar diet. Show’s you know your shyt :wink:

Pete I thought maybe this article may of some interest to you. Diet dictates our entire body, inside and out, and our physical aspect as well. The sebum explained here from diet HAS to effect our hair as well!

Acne Diet and The Money Factor: You Can’t Sell a Healthy Diet

Ask any medical doctor if there is a connection between diet and acne and almost all of them will claim there is none. Quoting from the Journal of the American Medical Association: “Diet plays no role in acne treatment in most patients…even large amounts of certain foods have not clinically exacerbated acne”.

With years of medical education and clinical experience behind these claims, how can we the simple folks who suffer from acne challenge these statements and think otherwise? The answer is: doubt. Doubt, if its stays in the borders of reason, can open many doors otherwise will stay forever shut. Believe it or not, doubt can change reality. Doubt can cure your acne and doubt can even save your life.

Fact is, countless of acne sufferers have reported that their acne seemed to get worse when they consumed certain foods and saw dramatic positive change over their acne condition when they eliminated the same foods from their diet and when certain foods with specific nutritional value were incorporated into their diet.

So why do dermatologists so stubbornly insist that diet does not cause acne? The answer: you can’t make a profit promoting a healthy diet. At least not as much money as you could make by selling drugs and over the counters. There is a huge pressure upon doctors coming from the drug and pharmaceutical companies to prescribe expensive medications and lotions that create dependency. The truth is, that your doctor is in a way, a hostage by the trillion dollar drug companies. Did you know that the drug companies, who have no interest in producing something that they cannot control financially, sponsor most medical schools?

The right diet, although not a solution by itself, can, in many cases, dramatically reduce inflammation and even completely clear one’s acne (if you’re one of the lucky ones who’s acne is triggered by allergic response to food). Promoting a clear skin diet simply means less profits for the drug and pharmaceutical companies.

The truth is that conventional medications will never cure your acne, simply because they are pre-designed NOT to fix the internal cause of acne. They are pre-designed to deal with the external symptoms of a disease as they create more and more dependency and more dependency means making more money all at our expense and ignorance.

The Theory That Diet Doesn’t Cause Acne Is A Myth
The dogmatic theory that diet does not cause acne and that acne is merely an incurable genetic disorder was based upon two dated researches published in 1969 and 1971 that were aimed at studying the connection between diet and acne.

These studies were the foundation of the ‘acne symptoms treatment strategy’, meaning, because acne is a genetic disease that cannot be prevented, the only way to deal with acne would be to tackle its symptoms (bacteria, inflammation, puss, redness, greasiness), by applying creams, antibiotics, taking prescription drugs and over the counters.

Surprisingly enough, years after the above studies were published, clinical trials and in depth researches experimenting the acne diet link have found that the studies from 1969 and 1971 had came to the wrong conclusions and were in fact seriously flawed.

Recent studies have clearly found a significant connection between diet and acne. It appears that the wrong diet is now thought to be one of the leading acne contributing factors that can negatively affect hormonal regulation and the natural process of toxic elimination, which can seriously aggravate one’s existing acne.

Diet Shapes Who You Are (Including Your Acne)
In the same way that crashing waves shape beach cliffs and just like the wind shapes the canyon walls, slowly and methodically over time, so does eating shapes and effects our physic, our internal system, our physical and mental being, from the organ down to the cellular level.

The idea that an object foreign to our body that is inserted by the food that we eat, has no effect on us, or has no impact on chronic conditions such as acne is absurd. Diet is the primary thing that affects and shapes who we are.

Diet has cumulative effect on our bodies, and that includes our skin condition and acne, which is a manifestation of a chronic internal problem slowly shaped and built by the wrong daily dietary choices over the years.

Acne Diet and The Kitavan Islanders
While in the U.S, more than 80% of teenagers between 16 and 18 have acne and more than 17 million Americans suffer from some form of acne, there is an interesting evidence that native people that live and eat in traditional ways, have significantly lower to no occurrences of acne.

In 2002, Dr. Cordain and his colleagues published a landmark study that examined 300 people living in the Kitavan Islands off the coast of Papua New Guinea that showed that none of the islanders had even one blemish on his or her face. Similar to the Kitavans, no case of acne had been observed when the same experiment had been conducted upon the South American Indians called the Ache, living in a remote jungle in eastern Paraguay.

The natives of Kitavan and the South American Indians had no access to the latest over the counters, topical creams or conventional acne medications and they had no dermatologist to consult with. The only vast difference between them and American or European citizens is their diet.

Acne Diet and Sugar: The Sweet Poison
Aside from the fact that sugar is a 100% pure chemical with zero nutritional value, recent studies have clearly shown a connection between the consumption of sugar and the aggravation of acne.

When you consume any form of refined carbohydrates (white sugar, white flour, white rice) here’s what happens: right after you insert that ‘sweet poison’ into your body, it rapidly spikes up your blood sugar levels. Your body needs to bring those levels down so it secrets a surge of insulin, other male hormones and an insulin-like growth factor called IGF-1. The excretion of these hormones overwhelms your liver and your internal system in general. The excess of male hormones encourages the skin to excrete large amounts of sebum oil: The greasy substance that encourages the p.acne bacteria to grow, resulting in the aggravation of your acne.

Acne Diet and Dairy Products: Got Milk? Got Acne
If you thought sugar can aggravate your acne, here’s another major nutritional player in the formation of acne: behold the miracles of milk. Milk (all dairy products included) is the most harmful, mucus forming, allergenic and acne aggravating food you can find. Surprised? I thought so. After years of constant brainwashing by the media, who can blame us for thinking milk is good for strong bones and healthy teeth? The truth is: every sip of milk contains 59 different raging hormones, (which trigger the hyper-production of sebum oil resulting in more acne), saturated animal fat, steroid hormones, dead white blood cells, and cow pus in abundance!

Did you know that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allows 750 million pus cells in every liter of milk (about two pounds) produced in America? Think about it, the next time you pop a pimple.

Scientific studies already point the finger at milk as one of the worst acne aggravating foods: “As pointed out by Dr. Jerome Fisher, ‘About 80 percent of cows that are giving milk are pregnant and are throwing off hormones continuously.’ Progesterone breaks down into androgens, which have been implicated as a factor in the development of acne…Dr. Fisher observed that his teenage acne patients improved as soon as the milk drinking stopped.”

If there’s one element you should remove from your diet in the quest for clear skin make it this one. Not only will you see an immediate improvement over your acne, you’ll feel a huge weight has been lifted from your body. If you worry about calcium intake, don’t! Milk being acidic forming food creates a leeching effect where calcium is taken from your bones to balance the acidity. Milk actually deprives your body from its calcium resources. Green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds are not only excellent sources of calcium they also have the powers to help you fight your acne symptoms.

Diet is Only One of The Factors That Cause Acne
Dairy products and sugar are not the only acne aggravating foods. The two above cannot sum up the list of western made acne triggering foods. There are several other foods you should clearly stay away from if you ever wish to clear your acne. The good new is that there are tons of other foods such as essential fatty acids that are not only excellent for your skin, they can actually help you clear your acne, by re-balancing your body and promoting to an acne-free environment.

The right nutrition plays an important part in the complex process of acne formation. When doctors claim there is no link between diet and acne because certain individuals can eat specific foods and get acne while others eat the same foods and don’t, these doctors have failed to realize that there are several factors involved in the formation and aggravation of acne and diet is only ONE of them.

The Final Verdict On The Acne Diet Connection: How To Finally Overcome Your Acne Challenge
Acne is a complex condition that is triggered by several underlying factors. The only way to neutralize your acne condition is to tackle all these acne-contributing factors- the holistic way.

Since the wrong diet is only one of these acne-triggering factors, in most cases no special diet can cure acne.

There is a however, a tight connection between diet and acne formation. Dietary factors can trigger and aggravate your existing acne. Avoiding the wrong foods such as milk, sugar and hydrogenated oils, and eating cleansing and hormonal balancing foods such as green leafy vegetables and essential fatty acids, can help your skin heal itself from the inside out and dramatically reduce your acne symptoms.

There are also several important dietary principals that you must understand and follow if you ever want to cure your acne for good.

Taking responsibility over your body and adhering to these dietary principals along with taking the necessary steps to tackle all acne contributing factors, holistically, will not only cure your acne permanently and give you the flawless acne free skin you deserve, following these principals will also significantly improve your overall health, mental well-being, look and feel.

Mike Walden is a certified nutritionist, independent medical researcher, natural health consultant and author of the #1 best-selling e-book, “Acne No More- Open The Door To An Acne Free Life.” Mike has written dozens of holistic health articles and has been featured in ezines and print magazines, as well as on hundreds of websites worldwide. For information on Mike’s Holistic Clear Skin program, visit: www.acnenomore.com

By Mike Walden
Published: 8/17/2006

funny you mentioned
» low sugar diet. Show’s you know your shyt :wink:
»
» Pete I thought maybe this article may of some interest to you. Diet
» dictates our entire body, inside and out, and our physical aspect as well.
» The sebum explained here from diet HAS to effect our hair as well!
»
»
» Acne Diet and The Money Factor: You Can’t Sell a Healthy Diet
»
» Ask any medical doctor if there is a connection between diet and acne and
» almost all of them will claim there is none. Quoting from the Journal of
» the American Medical Association: “Diet plays no role in acne treatment in
» most patients…even large amounts of certain foods have not clinically
» exacerbated acne”.
»
» With years of medical education and clinical experience behind these
» claims, how can we the simple folks who suffer from acne challenge these
» statements and think otherwise? The answer is: doubt. Doubt, if its stays
» in the borders of reason, can open many doors otherwise will stay forever
» shut. Believe it or not, doubt can change reality. Doubt can cure your acne
» and doubt can even save your life.
»
» Fact is, countless of acne sufferers have reported that their acne seemed
» to get worse when they consumed certain foods and saw dramatic positive
» change over their acne condition when they eliminated the same foods from
» their diet and when certain foods with specific nutritional value were
» incorporated into their diet.
»
» So why do dermatologists so stubbornly insist that diet does not cause
» acne? The answer: you can’t make a profit promoting a healthy diet. At
» least not as much money as you could make by selling drugs and over the
» counters. There is a huge pressure upon doctors coming from the drug and
» pharmaceutical companies to prescribe expensive medications and lotions
» that create dependency. The truth is, that your doctor is in a way, a
» hostage by the trillion dollar drug companies. Did you know that the drug
» companies, who have no interest in producing something that they cannot
» control financially, sponsor most medical schools?
»
» The right diet, although not a solution by itself, can, in many cases,
» dramatically reduce inflammation and even completely clear one’s acne (if
» you’re one of the lucky ones who’s acne is triggered by allergic response
» to food). Promoting a clear skin diet simply means less profits for the
» drug and pharmaceutical companies.
»
» The truth is that conventional medications will never cure your acne,
» simply because they are pre-designed NOT to fix the internal cause of acne.
» They are pre-designed to deal with the external symptoms of a disease as
» they create more and more dependency and more dependency means making more
» money all at our expense and ignorance.
»
» The Theory That Diet Doesn’t Cause Acne Is A Myth
» The dogmatic theory that diet does not cause acne and that acne is merely
» an incurable genetic disorder was based upon two dated researches published
» in 1969 and 1971 that were aimed at studying the connection between diet
» and acne.
»
» These studies were the foundation of the ‘acne symptoms treatment
» strategy’, meaning, because acne is a genetic disease that cannot be
» prevented, the only way to deal with acne would be to tackle its symptoms
» (bacteria, inflammation, puss, redness, greasiness), by applying creams,
» antibiotics, taking prescription drugs and over the counters.
»
» Surprisingly enough, years after the above studies were published,
» clinical trials and in depth researches experimenting the acne diet link
» have found that the studies from 1969 and 1971 had came to the wrong
» conclusions and were in fact seriously flawed.
»
» Recent studies have clearly found a significant connection between diet
» and acne. It appears that the wrong diet is now thought to be one of the
» leading acne contributing factors that can negatively affect hormonal
» regulation and the natural process of toxic elimination, which can
» seriously aggravate one’s existing acne.
»
» Diet Shapes Who You Are (Including Your Acne)
» In the same way that crashing waves shape beach cliffs and just like the
» wind shapes the canyon walls, slowly and methodically over time, so does
» eating shapes and effects our physic, our internal system, our physical and
» mental being, from the organ down to the cellular level.
»
» The idea that an object foreign to our body that is inserted by the food
» that we eat, has no effect on us, or has no impact on chronic conditions
» such as acne is absurd. Diet is the primary thing that affects and shapes
» who we are.
»
» Diet has cumulative effect on our bodies, and that includes our skin
» condition and acne, which is a manifestation of a chronic internal problem
» slowly shaped and built by the wrong daily dietary choices over the years.
»
»
» Acne Diet and The Kitavan Islanders
» While in the U.S, more than 80% of teenagers between 16 and 18 have acne
» and more than 17 million Americans suffer from some form of acne, there is
» an interesting evidence that native people that live and eat in traditional
» ways, have significantly lower to no occurrences of acne.
»
» In 2002, Dr. Cordain and his colleagues published a landmark study that
» examined 300 people living in the Kitavan Islands off the coast of Papua
» New Guinea that showed that none of the islanders had even one blemish on
» his or her face. Similar to the Kitavans, no case of acne had been observed
» when the same experiment had been conducted upon the South American Indians
» called the Ache, living in a remote jungle in eastern Paraguay.
»
» The natives of Kitavan and the South American Indians had no access to the
» latest over the counters, topical creams or conventional acne medications
» and they had no dermatologist to consult with. The only vast difference
» between them and American or European citizens is their diet.
»
» Acne Diet and Sugar: The Sweet Poison
» Aside from the fact that sugar is a 100% pure chemical with zero
» nutritional value, recent studies have clearly shown a connection between
» the consumption of sugar and the aggravation of acne.
»
» When you consume any form of refined carbohydrates (white sugar, white
» flour, white rice) here’s what happens: right after you insert that ‘sweet
» poison’ into your body, it rapidly spikes up your blood sugar levels. Your
» body needs to bring those levels down so it secrets a surge of insulin,
» other male hormones and an insulin-like growth factor called IGF-1. The
» excretion of these hormones overwhelms your liver and your internal system
» in general. The excess of male hormones encourages the skin to excrete
» large amounts of sebum oil: The greasy substance that encourages the p.acne
» bacteria to grow, resulting in the aggravation of your acne.
»
» Acne Diet and Dairy Products: Got Milk? Got Acne
» If you thought sugar can aggravate your acne, here’s another major
» nutritional player in the formation of acne: behold the miracles of milk.
» Milk (all dairy products included) is the most harmful, mucus forming,
» allergenic and acne aggravating food you can find. Surprised? I thought so.
» After years of constant brainwashing by the media, who can blame us for
» thinking milk is good for strong bones and healthy teeth? The truth is:
» every sip of milk contains 59 different raging hormones, (which trigger the
» hyper-production of sebum oil resulting in more acne), saturated animal
» fat, steroid hormones, dead white blood cells, and cow pus in abundance!
»
» Did you know that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allows 750
» million pus cells in every liter of milk (about two pounds) produced in
» America? Think about it, the next time you pop a pimple.
»
» Scientific studies already point the finger at milk as one of the worst
» acne aggravating foods: “As pointed out by Dr. Jerome Fisher, ‘About 80
» percent of cows that are giving milk are pregnant and are throwing off
» hormones continuously.’ Progesterone breaks down into androgens, which have
» been implicated as a factor in the development of acne…Dr. Fisher
» observed that his teenage acne patients improved as soon as the milk
» drinking stopped.”
»
» If there’s one element you should remove from your diet in the quest for
» clear skin make it this one. Not only will you see an immediate improvement
» over your acne, you’ll feel a huge weight has been lifted from your body.
» If you worry about calcium intake, don’t! Milk being acidic forming food
» creates a leeching effect where calcium is taken from your bones to balance
» the acidity. Milk actually deprives your body from its calcium resources.
» Green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds are not only excellent sources of
» calcium they also have the powers to help you fight your acne symptoms.
»
» Diet is Only One of The Factors That Cause Acne
» Dairy products and sugar are not the only acne aggravating foods. The two
» above cannot sum up the list of western made acne triggering foods. There
» are several other foods you should clearly stay away from if you ever wish
» to clear your acne. The good new is that there are tons of other foods such
» as essential fatty acids that are not only excellent for your skin, they
» can actually help you clear your acne, by re-balancing your body and
» promoting to an acne-free environment.
»
» The right nutrition plays an important part in the complex process of acne
» formation. When doctors claim there is no link between diet and acne
» because certain individuals can eat specific foods and get acne while
» others eat the same foods and don’t, these doctors have failed to realize
» that there are several factors involved in the formation and aggravation of
» acne and diet is only ONE of them.
»
» The Final Verdict On The Acne Diet Connection: How To Finally Overcome
» Your Acne Challenge

» Acne is a complex condition that is triggered by several underlying
» factors. The only way to neutralize your acne condition is to tackle all
» these acne-contributing factors- the holistic way.
»
» Since the wrong diet is only one of these acne-triggering factors, in most
» cases no special diet can cure acne.
»
» There is a however, a tight connection between diet and acne formation.
» Dietary factors can trigger and aggravate your existing acne. Avoiding the
» wrong foods such as milk, sugar and hydrogenated oils, and eating cleansing
» and hormonal balancing foods such as green leafy vegetables and essential
» fatty acids, can help your skin heal itself from the inside out and
» dramatically reduce your acne symptoms.
»
» There are also several important dietary principals that you must
» understand and follow if you ever want to cure your acne for good.
»
» Taking responsibility over your body and adhering to these dietary
» principals along with taking the necessary steps to tackle all acne
» contributing factors, holistically, will not only cure your acne
» permanently and give you the flawless acne free skin you deserve, following
» these principals will also significantly improve your overall health,
» mental well-being, look and feel.
»
» Mike Walden is a certified nutritionist, independent medical researcher,
» natural health consultant and author of the #1 best-selling e-book, “Acne
» No More- Open The Door To An Acne Free Life.” Mike has written dozens of
» holistic health articles and has been featured in ezines and print
» magazines, as well as on hundreds of websites worldwide. For information on
» Mike’s Holistic Clear Skin program, visit: www.acnenomore.com
»
» By Mike Walden
» Published: 8/17/2006

Thanks diet is important - although I dont think that there is a need to be overly strict with it - reducing your stress levels is even more important in my humble opinion.

The root cause of most issues is a combination of STRESS and diet. Once you reduce stress /anxiety and yes improving your diet / supps things normally normalise.

When your stressed your body holds onto toxins and jumps into survial mode!

You can often offload these toxins with a bunch of herbs and sauna sessions to name but a few methods.

Regards
Pete

» I literally can’t overstate the impact that Pantothenic acid has made in
» curing my acne. My body acne went from chronic & unfixable to completely
» gone.
»
»
» I’m convinced there has been some MPB improvement with it too. I wish I
» had known about this stuff since puberty.

I read on wikipedia that it affects androgen levels, so it should affect sebum production and body hair as well. is your skin less oily now and body hair thinner/less dense?

I’ve also had facial and back acne for almost a decade now, and right now my scalp feels like an oil rig, it feels yucky - even though I shampooed it about 12 hours ago. If this B5 stuff is really good (and without sideeffects?) then I’ll just get on that for the time being.

I had increased sebum production when I hit puberty. So, in my case it’s probably both, alpha-I & II reductase that led to such severe baldness. :frowning:

Btw cal, have you seen a decrease in your pores’ size?

» I read on wikipedia that it affects androgen levels, so it should affect
» sebum production and body hair as well. is your skin less oily now and body
» hair thinner/less dense?

Skin less oily FOR SURE. Body hair doesn’t seem affected. I’ve always been hairy but never the wolfman.

» I’ve also had facial and back acne for almost a decade now, and right now
» my scalp feels like an oil rig, it feels yucky - even though I shampooed it
» about 12 hours ago. If this B5 stuff is really good (and without
» sideeffects?) then I’ll just get on that for the time being.

I didn’t have a lick of negative side effects. As far as I could tell it just de-oiled my skin and did nothing else at all.

» Btw cal, have you seen a decrease in your pores’ size?

Yes. I usually don’t bother saying this because it sounds like I’m crossing over into pure cheerleading, but I think it did happen to me.

I didn’t get any bad effects from the stuff at all. So if you think it’s messing you up then I would say don’t wait for the problems to “die down” or anything, just quit the stuff.

I megadosed to start out. I don’t recommend the extreme way that I did it, but the positive upshot of that method was I already knew it was doing something good to my skin within a couple weeks of starting.

I honestly think this issue may be a portion (I said a portion, not the whole thing) of the story if MPB & acne really are increasing these days. This acid is heavily found it all the exact kinds of vegetables that modern western diets are skimping on.

I have worse MPB than anyone else in my family and I also probably eat worse than my father and grandfathers. I really wonder how much better my situation would be right now if I’d been dosing with this stuff ever since puberty.

» » I read on wikipedia that it affects androgen levels, so it should affect
» » sebum production and body hair as well. is your skin less oily now and
» body
» » hair thinner/less dense?
»
» Skin less oily FOR SURE. Body hair doesn’t seem affected. I’ve always
» been hairy but never the wolfman.
»
»
» » I’ve also had facial and back acne for almost a decade now, and right
» now
» » my scalp feels like an oil rig, it feels yucky - even though I shampooed
» it
» » about 12 hours ago. If this B5 stuff is really good (and without
» » sideeffects?) then I’ll just get on that for the time being.
»
» I didn’t have a lick of negative side effects. As far as I could tell it
» just de-oiled my skin and did nothing else at all.
»
»
» » Btw cal, have you seen a decrease in your pores’ size?
»
» Yes. I usually don’t bother saying this because it sounds like I’m
» crossing over into pure cheerleading, but I think it did happen to me.
»
»
»
»
»
» I didn’t get any bad effects from the stuff at all. So if you think it’s
» messing you up then I would say don’t wait for the problems to “die down”
» or anything, just quit the stuff.
»
» I megadosed to start out. I don’t recommend the extreme way that I did
» it, but the positive upshot of that method was I already knew it was doing
» something good to my skin within a couple weeks of starting.
»
»
»
»
»
» I honestly think this issue may be a portion (I said a portion, not the
» whole thing) of the story if MPB & acne really are increasing these days.
» This acid is heavily found it all the exact kinds of vegetables that modern
» western diets are skimping on.
»
» I have worse MPB than anyone else in my family and I also probably eat
» worse than my father and grandfathers. I really wonder how much better my
» situation would be right now if I’d been dosing with this stuff ever since
» puberty.

I went to a local chain pharmacy today (yes i know but it was the closest one) but they didnt have it. I forgot the name and asked the pharmacist for a patholintic-like cream"… boy did I embarrass myself. Then I searched for Vitamin B5 capsules and didnt find any. I\ll order online.

I will give a it a shot and see what happens in a few months’s time. I will frontload with it as well for the first few weeks. I know its bad for the skin but I find the only thing that works for my acne prone back and shoulders is pure hot water in the shower. I start off warm and slowly decrease the cold water until its on all hot. I do this for a few days and I see a difference of it drying away right away. But I cant imagine that being healthy for the skin and my hair (makes it frizzy). it also causes crazy itching.

Benji, good point about changing the sheets more often. I think I’m going to try showering 3 times daily and changing my shirts more often as well.

fckhrlss i was cracking up when you said you used benzoperoxide in your hair. Thats crazy man. I think nizoral saved you.

Wait, pantothenic CREAM?

I never did anything topically with the stuff. I’ve just been talking about swallowing B5 capsules all this time.

I suppose topical use could work pretty well; they put the stuff in skin care products.

» Wait, pantothenic CREAM?
»
» I never did anything topically with the stuff. I’ve just been talking
» about swallowing B5 capsules all this time.
»
»
»
» I suppose topical use could work pretty well; they put the stuff in skin
» care products.

Yeh when I asked how to get it and how to use it, Pete responded “Topically”.
Would it be more effective using it orally and topically?

Yeah, possibly.

As I understand it (which is not very well in the big picture), the stuff is correcting an imbalance in the skin. When the skin isn’t getting adequate amounts of B5 then the resulting situation is an overproduction of androgens.

So if you start throwing B5 at your system, there’s probably only so much that will do you any good before the skin has reached the kind of balance that it really wants. Additional B5 may not do any further good for androgen suppression after that.

This pretty much matches my experience with taking the stuff orally. XXXX amount was working, but double XXXX wasn’t working twice as well.

cal, this from wikipedia

“Leung’s study gave 45 Asian males and 55 Asian females varying doses of 10-20mg of pantothenic acid (2000% of the US Daily Value), 80% orally and 20% through topical cream. Leung noted improvement of acne within one week to one month of the start of the treatment.”

it seems only 20mg does the trick, you are taking 1000mg right? btw gnc has the 500mg version.

cal, did you notice any decrease in your scalp sebum & acne - if you had those? and what your age & NW status?

» cal, this from wikipedia
»
» “Leung’s study gave 45 Asian males and 55 Asian females varying doses
» of 10-20mg of pantothenic acid
(2000% of the US Daily Value), 80%
» orally and 20% through topical cream. Leung noted improvement of acne
» within one week to one month of the start of the treatment.”
»
» it seems only 20mg does the trick, you are taking 1000mg right? btw gnc
» has the 500mg version.
»
» cal, did you notice any decrease in your scalp sebum & acne - if you had
» those? and what your age & NW status?

It seems the best way is to dose it is with large doses between 8,000mg-10,000mg in the begining and then tapering it down to 2,000mg+.

Hair loss or thining is one of the severe, but rare, side effects according to some.

Goata007, just read my earlier posts in this thread. I got MAJOR body acne improvement from this stuff. HUGE.

As for the dosages, I can tell the difference if I stop taking the 500mg pills for a couple of days. Maybe the studies say you only need 20mg/day but my own system seems to demand more than that.

» » Wait, pantothenic CREAM?
» »
» » I never did anything topically with the stuff. I’ve just been talking
» » about swallowing B5 capsules all this time.
» »
» »
» »
» » I suppose topical use could work pretty well; they put the stuff in
» skin
» » care products.
»
» Yeh when I asked how to get it and how to use it, Pete responded
» “Topically”.
» Would it be more effective using it orally and topically?

Topically you may find Azelaic acid or even Niacinamide cream will be better.

Regards
Pete

» » cal, this from wikipedia
» »
» » “Leung’s study gave 45 Asian males and 55 Asian females varying
» doses
» » of 10-20mg of pantothenic acid
(2000% of the US Daily Value), 80%
» » orally and 20% through topical cream. Leung noted improvement of acne
» » within one week to one month of the start of the treatment.”
» »
» » it seems only 20mg does the trick, you are taking 1000mg right? btw gnc
» » has the 500mg version.
» »
» » cal, did you notice any decrease in your scalp sebum & acne - if you
» had
» » those? and what your age & NW status?
»
» It seems the best way is to dose it is with large doses between
» 8,000mg-10,000mg in the begining and then tapering it down to 2,000mg+.
»
» Hair loss or thining is one of the severe, but rare, side effects
» according to some.
»
» http://vitaminb5acne.com/

Wrong way round!

Start off low and then build up to a maintenace.

Start of with around 500 mg and then see how you react to it and build up. I wouldnt take more than a couple of grams day of the stuff. You dont want to over-stimulate your adrenal glands too much!

Regards
Pete