Female hair transplant comprehensive video documentation, first 30 days

Dear readers,

In this thread we aim to document the post operative events for a patient who has had scalp FUSE/fue hair transplant.

There will be plenty of pictures and videos to help patients understand what they may face in the postoperative phase.

Patient particulars:

Name = Jenny

Age - 20 years,

Aim - to lower the hairline,

Speed of hairloss progression - slow to none.

Number of grafts - 1562.

Before picture

Pre operative and intra op video

20 years old? Hair transplant for a 20 yr old ?

» 20 years old? Hair transplant for a 20 yr old ?

Dear Neveragain,
Jenny has a congenitally (since birth) high hairline. This is not a case of male pattern baldness.
Regards,
Dr. A

222_file37.wmv

222_file38.wmv

This is going to be an interesting thread to follow. Thanks Dr. Arvind for this information.

I see a very obvious gap between the grafts and her natural hairline, what is the logic behind that? I think the gap is too big.

» I see a very obvious gap between the grafts and her natural hairline, what
» is the logic behind that? I think the gap is too big.

I noticed that too, maybe it will still be ok since the gap will be hidden between her own hair and the new grafts? What is the reason for the gap though?

» » I see a very obvious gap between the grafts and her natural hairline,
» what
» » is the logic behind that? I think the gap is too big.
»
» I noticed that too, maybe it will still be ok since the gap will be hidden
» between her own hair and the new grafts? What is the reason for the gap
» though?

Actually, the front 2 rows of her pre existing hair are cut to place grafts in between them. Once the hair start growing, you will understand what I mean.

» » 20 years old? Hair transplant for a 20 yr old ?
»
» Dear Neveragain,
» Jenny has a congenitally (since birth) high hairline. This is not a case
» of male pattern baldness.
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Dr. A,

You are the only doctor who constantly posts video updates, I just want to say I really appreciate what you do, I wish other doctors or patients were as discipline as you are.

Dear forum readers,
This video shows the recipient area of the scalp 9 days after the transplant.
At this stage, the patient should wet the recipient area with saline solution, and rub it with clean cloth/towel. This will dislodge the scabs. You may notice hair shedding with the scabs too. Do not worry. That is normal. They will grow back later.

12_file41.wmv
Regards,
Dr. A

18 day post HT video is available at Day 18 video on Vimeo

222_file40.wmv

Dear forum readers,
This picture was taken 27 days after Jenny’s hair transplant. As can be seen, most of the hair are shedding and the redness is gradually subsiding.

Regards,
Dr. A