» that it is trickery.
»
» I have posted tons of pictures. My pictures were always from the same damn
» camera and I never once thought about using different flashes to show
» fuller or less fuller hair.
»
» I am pretty upset right now Jotronic. And your exercise is only going to
» make me more critical in the future of photos in the future. Jeez:-( :smiley:

I agree. What do you think about clinics taking before shots wet but then REFUSING to show after shot’s wet?

I mean if the after shot’s are so great and it was such a FANTASTIC result why would they not be jumping to show the after shots WET!?

If the amount of grafts thickened it up so well you will be able to see a noticeble difference in the WET after shots.

They could show wet before and after, and dry before and after.

It’s that simple.

See,it’s a pisser, ain’t it? I used to preach about this quite a bit but I gave up because people either weren’t getting it or just didn’t seem to care. To be fair, some clinics may not realize the difference. When I first starting working for H&W they too used flash but it was in both the before and after. I noticed this issue as I continued to take my own photos for my website and when I started working for H&W I asked that we change our photo guidelines.

Now, every photo is taken without flash. In fact, they are all taken in the worst possible indoor lighting conditions, overhead fluorescent lighting. After all my preaching no one has tried to call out the clinics that do this and ask for a change. It has made me think about switching back to even the playing field because clinics that use flash or studio lighting have an advantage but I’ve decided not to give in and try to take the high road on this issue. In fact, I’ve furthered our stance with our videos by moving all videos to high-def. The final product on our website is not true high def of course but the source file is which makes the video quality better than any other clinic that I’ve seen.

I’m glad some of you have taken notice of my presentation. Now, go forth and apply this to all that you see. When looking at photos, one thing that is almost universal is that there may be a slight shadow just behind the subject. Sometimes it can be hard to see but if you look enough you’ll see a shadow outline just to the left or just to the right. There are other indicators of when flash or studio lighting is used but they are hard to describe and would take up a lot of my Sunday. Study this and apply it everywhere you look.

I know its propably hard for you to come in and judje pictures of other clinics…but couldnt you create a second id or something and come in with your knowledge and challenge their tricks :slight_smile:

Or else Hairtech or someone or maybe both of you, because our word does not matter so much and maybe some posts get deleted because we are not so diplomatic…

Cool posts joe… respect!

» I know its propably hard for you to come in and judje pictures of other
» clinics…but couldnt you create a second id or something and come in with
» your knowledge and challenge their tricks :slight_smile:
»
»
» Or else Hairtech or someone or maybe both of you, because our word does
» not matter so much and maybe some posts get deleted because we are not so
» diplomatic…
»
» Cool posts joe… respect!

Greek,

I really appreciate your words of respect. The problem is that while you say that your word does not matter it in fact matters MORE than mine ever will in instances like you speak of. If I say anything at all it’s just the “consultant from a competing clinic” trying to seed doubt. If several of you learn from my examples then YOU will have the power to initiate the change you are asking for.

If you ever have any questions about photos you are welcome to ask me. I also suggest that one boring afternoon take a few minutes with your digital camera to experiment with flash and different indoor environs. You’ll be surprised by what you find.

» » See through, then not see through.
»
» Jotronic are these pictures taken a few seconds apart like your
» demonstration above?

I dont see a huge difference. It does look like there is some thickening but im not sure if this is to do with something with the lighting.