Estrogen

http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/rapidpdf/er.2006-0020v1.pdf

As I read this, I wondered if propecia would be more effective if cycled . Take 30 days then off 90 days, take 30 days, then off 90 days, etc…

Would the fact Follica tested their protocol on mice (and not humans) be of relevance in regards to the appropriate WNT suppression needed for Follica’s process to be effective in humans?

For example, if mice and humans have different responses to estrogen in relation to hair growth (See Robert Smart study as well as the estrogen response chart in the above link that started this thread) is it possible that the needed WNT suppression may be “opposite” and need to be increased in humans since they are biologically different in regards to hair genesis and cycling ?

Also, what is the story with Kurt Stenn? One moment he is ARI’s leading Scientific researcher, the next he is on the team at Follica. What is his status now?

You mentioned this:

"For example, if mice and humans have different responses to estrogen in relation to hair growth (See Robert Smart study as well as the estrogen response chart in the above link that started this thread) is it possible that the needed WNT suppression may be “opposite” and need to be increased in humans since they are biologically different in regards to hair genesis and cycling ? "

One of the experimental examples used human skin grafted onto immunodeficient mice, and it resulted in human hair after the wounding, not mouse hair. IT was done the the wnt-pathway, etc. just like the mouse hair was.

ON cycling finasteride. Ive never heard of that and I dont think it would be good as the half life of finasteride isn’t very long. If you get off finasteride your levels of circulating DHT will be back to normal in a week or so. Dutasteride has a much longer life in the body and traces of the drug will be in the body for much longer if you have been on it for a while. DHT levels take alot longer to rebound with dutasteride than they do with finasteride. If you were on finasteride for thirty days, then got off…your DHT levels should be back to normal by at least 10 days after getting off finasteride, thus your hair would be beholded to the DHT for 80 days or so. That wouldn’t be good I assure you.

BTW…all indications are that estrogen is good for SCALP hair, but not body hair. Altough when I put lavender on my toe hair a while back…it actually got furrier for a while and some things in lavender supposedly mimic estrogen to an extent (gyno in prepubertal boys who used lavender body washes, etc.).

Fin changes totally reversed within a week?

There’s a fair number of people out there who would go to the mat arguing that their Fin-induced hormonal changes took A LOT longer than a week to reverse. Like many months.

The whole Fin/reversal thing is a different discussion and I’m not trying to explain it or prove it here. I know the drug is out of the system quickly, and I know the body’s natural DHT replenishment system would theoretically get it done within days.

Maybe it’s just a quirk of different people’s body tissues. Whatever.

I’m just saying there’s anecdotal user feedback that would argue for some longer lasting effects, so maybe that might have some relevance to the cycling idea.