Error

As Parable has correctly pointed out in response to my post in the HM forum regarding Bobman, I am in error. I accidently confused Bobman with another H&W patient, Nic Nitro. The point of my post was not about the individual (in this case, Bobman), but the number of grafts received/available as stated by the surgeon.

The following is my recent post on another forum regarding Nic Nitro:

“Yes, these results are fantastic. If my math is correct, Nic has had 10,407 grafts to date. Earlier in this thread, Nic stated that Dr. Hasson told Nic that he has 3500 to 5000 grafts left to be harvested for further crown work. That would be 13,907 to 15,407 total grafts harvested. There was a raging debate/ourtcry on this site when another doctor (Armani) said that a similar number of grafts could possibly be harvested.”

I apologize to Bobman and thank Parable for pointing out my error.

Jtelecom,

That’s good of you to admit an error. To address this issue however; while Nicnitro may indeed have roughly 13000 or 14000 grafts available in total he is FAR FAR from average. In fact, I’d say he is one in one thousand or more. I’m only adding more information to make his issue more clear when compared to the idea that the average patient has this many available. The average patient does not.

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks, Joe. I hope all is well with you and yours in 2009. There is no question that H&W puts out some fantastic results for which you and the clinic should be very proud.

» Jtelecom,
»
» That’s good of you to admit an error. To address this issue however; while
» Nicnitro may indeed have roughly 13000 or 14000 grafts available in total
» he is FAR FAR from average. In fact, I’d say he is one in one thousand or
» more. I’m only adding more information to make his issue more clear when
» compared to the idea that the average patient has this many available. The
» average patient does not.
»
» Hope all is well with you.

Hi Joe its good that you explained how rare is that, so that Nicnitro cant be used as a posterboy for claims of 15000grafts on an average nw6.

By Jtelecom
"Then you see examples by other notable surgeons who work on patients such as Bobman who has had 14,000 grafts. You don’t see anyone complaining about that or stating that the surgeon created his results at the tragic expense of all of his donor."

I also want to add in regards to jtelecoms comments where he implied favourish towards H&W from some of us…that i dont think that anyone finds nicnitros case a tragic expense of all his donor!!! since he was a nw6 and now he is nw1!!!

And with that i wish peace and a happy 2009 to jtelecom as well.Its nothing personal we are all just expressing our opinions and views :slight_smile:

The # of grafts available is one thing, howw many you can actually harvest is another thing. you can usually harvest more grafts from strip than from fue.