E-Mail about Acell to Send to HT Doctors

Guys,

Here is a copy of the e-mail that I would like to send to as many HT doctors as possible. I think that we should all come up with one to send. Feel free to add suggestions / changes so we can come up with a finalized product to send. I would appreciate your help in developing the best e-mail to send to the doctors and also your help in sending the e-mail to as many doctors as possible. Once we have a finalized version, I will forward it to Acell to make sure that there is nothing in it that is out of line (before sending it to hair transplant doctors).

P.S. Check the e-mail for spacing before you send it. When I copy and paste it to this site, it changed the spacing.

Thanks,
Bill

Here is the E-Mail:

Dear Dr.(Doctor’s Name)

With the extensive demand placed upon medical professionals today, I’m sure that it is difficult to keep up with the advancing technology in medical field. With companies such as Intercytex and Anderans working on hair multiplication and hair transplant doctors refining techniques in their field, it seems that the field of hair restoration is advancing at at rapid pace.

I follow progress in the field on a website called “Hairsite”. The link to this site is http://www.hairsite.com/. This site has over 1300 members and many informed members post there often, sharing information about any new advances they have learned about reguarding the field of hair restoration. Many hair transplant doctors post there also.

Over a year ago, a forum member posted some information about a company called Acell. This company has developed a product called an extracellular matrix that is amazing in it’s capabilities to regenerate tissue. It has been used extensively in vet. medicine for wound care but has been held back over the past few years from being released for human usage (due to legal battles over the rights to the product). This week, the product is being released for human use and a few shipments have already been sent to various doctors.

It is my hope (and the hopes of the members of the Hairsite Forum) that the Acell extracellular matrix can improve the outcome of a hair transplant procedure. In previous cases (performed in vet. medicine) the Acell material not only regenerated the skin tissue of a wounded animal, but also REGENERATED THE HAIR in the wounded area. If this can be replicated in humans, it would solve the limiting factor of donor hair in reguards to a hair transplant. That is, the doctor could perform a conventional hair transplant, apply the Acell extracellular matrix to the wound (rather that stitching it up) and allow the tissue AND HAIR to regenerate thus providing a LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY. If this does prove to be the case with humans, hair transplant doctors can finally provide the full head of hair that their patients seek.

Here is a link to the company:

Here is a great video to watch:

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3150131&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1

Here are some pictures of tissue regeneration (WITH HAIR):

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/chadwick.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/fancy.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/bravo.html

What’s even more exciting is the fact that this product is already on the
market. I believe that there is a need for someone to bridge the gap between this technology and the HT community. I hope you can start that trend.

Sincerely,
Your Name

Keep it short and simple.

Most of all you need to immediately show what’s in it for them: bigger profits.

If Acell can be used to restore strip harvested donor area, then that increases how much donor can be harvested, which makes more procedures possible on each patient, which increases the money they’ll make from each patient.

Sweet.

» Keep it short and simple.
»
» Most of all you need to immediately show what’s in it for them: bigger
» profits.
»
» If Acell can be used to restore strip harvested donor area, then that
» increases how much donor can be harvested, which makes more procedures
» possible on each patient, which increases the money they’ll make from each
» patient.
»
» Sweet.

Too Long? We can make it shorter. I wouldn’t mind if you guys actually come up with one that you like. Then we can combine them to come up with the best one.

I don’t think it’s too long. But I do agree with Ahab that you need to mention that the main benefit to them is more money. It should be obvious, but it should be stated very clearly.

Willy, I like your letter very much. Here is my suggested email, borrowing heavily from yours. I’ve tried to summarize the main points in the first paragraph, to really hit the reader with it, so to speak.

Hope this helps,
Leonard

Dear Dr.(Doctor’s Name)

I am a prospective hair transplant patient and I am amazed at the near perfect results that skilled surgeons such as yourself have been able to achieve. Notwithstanding these results, a major drawback of a hair transplant for me, and indeed for many others, is the limited donor supply. However, I have been informed that a product recently released by a company called Acell can change this, and give future hair transplant patients a limitless supply. Please note that I am not affiliated whatsoever with Acell; I am simply a potential patient who is interested in the prospect of achieving a hair transplant with a limitless donor supply.

Acell has developed a product called an extracellular matrix that is amazing in its capabilities to regenerate tissue. I have since had several conversations with Acell researchers and they have informed me that they are confident that the extracellular matrix can also regenerate hair tissue, including scalp hair. If true, this would mean a limitless donor supply - that is, the doctor could perform a conventional hair transplant, apply the Acell extracellular matrix to the wound (rather that stitching it up) and allow the tissue AND HAIR to regenerate thus providing a LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY.

Here is a great video to watch:
http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3150131&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1

Dr. (insert name), I urge you to investigate this product for yourself to see if there is a potential use for patients such as me. I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts about the product and discussing future treatments with you should Acell prove successful.

Yours faithfully,
Your Name

» Willy, I like your letter very much. Here is my suggested email, borrowing
» heavily from yours. I’ve tried to summarize the main points in the first
» paragraph, to really hit the reader with it, so to speak.
»
» Hope this helps,
» Leonard
»
»
» Dear Dr.(Doctor’s Name)
»
» I am a prospective hair transplant patient and I am amazed at the near
» perfect results that skilled surgeons such as yourself have been able to
» achieve. Notwithstanding these results, a major drawback of a hair
» transplant for me, and indeed for many others, is the limited donor supply.
» However, I have been informed that a product recently released by a company
» called Acell can change this, and give future hair transplant patients a
» limitless supply. Please note that I am not affiliated whatsoever with
» Acell; I am simply a potential patient who is interested in the prospect of
» achieving a hair transplant with a limitless donor supply.
»
» Acell has developed a product called an extracellular matrix that is
» amazing in its capabilities to regenerate tissue. I have since had several
» conversations with Acell researchers and they have informed me that they
» are confident that the extracellular matrix can also regenerate hair
» tissue, including scalp hair. If true, this would mean a limitless donor
» supply - that is, the doctor could perform a conventional hair transplant,
» apply the Acell extracellular matrix to the wound (rather that stitching it
» up) and allow the tissue AND HAIR to regenerate thus providing a LIMITLESS
» DONOR SUPPLY.
»
»
» Here is a link to the company:
» http://acell.com/
»
» Here is a great video to watch:
» http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3150131&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.5.1
»
»
» Here are some pictures of tissue regeneration (WITH HAIR):
» Urinary Bladder Matrix (UBM) Technology
» http://www.acell.com/vetcases/chadwick.html
» http://www.acell.com/vetcases/fancy.html
» http://www.acell.com/vetcases/bravo.html
»
» Dr. (insert name), I urge you to investigate this product for yourself to
» see if there is a potential use for patients such as me. I would be very
» interested in hearing your thoughts about the product and discussing future
» treatments with you should Acell prove successful.
»
»
» Yours faithfully,
» Your Name

Thanks Leonard. That’s the kind of response that I was looking for. I can’t believe that more people on this site are not responding to the release of Acell and the e-mail to them. Many of us have come here for 10 years and this is the first time that there is a product ON THE MARKET that may be able to solve our problem. To me, if this stuff works, this is the HM that we’ve been waiting for. To me, HM is being able to produce hair follicles on your head that you wern’t born with. More hair is more hair…I don’t care how I get it. It seems like many of the members would rather bicker with Hangin than focus on ending their problem (which is the reason they came here in the first place).

» Thanks Leonard. That’s the kind of response that I was looking for. I
» can’t believe that more people on this site are not responding to the
» release of Acell and the e-mail to them. Many of us have come here for 10
» years and this is the first time that there is a product ON THE MARKET that
» may be able to solve our problem. To me, if this stuff works, this is the
» HM that we’ve been waiting for. To me, HM is being able to produce hair
» follicles on your head that you wern’t born with. More hair is more
» hair…I don’t care how I get it. It seems like many of the members would
» rather bicker with Hangin than focus on ending their problem (which is the
» reason they came here in the first place).

Glad to help. You’re absolutely right, I wish people here would be more pro-active. There are so many posters here, but only a handful of good posts.

I’ll be emailing the above to doctors in the UK (where I am based) and will post to the forum in a week or so to let everyone know how it goes. Cross your fingers, here’s hoping for HM in 2008!

im also surprised this hasnt gotten more rave responses, it hasnt been proven but the info you gave from mike manning is very encouraging, and i think it could be one of the if not the biggest things that benefit hairloss ever, hopefully we will know soon enough so i can book my revision appt,

» Over a year ago, a forum member posted some information about a company
» called Acell.

Out of curiosity, I searched the forum and it was actually May of last year that I first posted about Acell:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-1230.html#p1309

So it’s been just over a year, and as far as I know it has only been from the interest generated on this forum that anyone considered the product for use in restoring hair. Whether or not it works, Willy and all the others who picked up this idea and ran with it should be commended. It’s very exciting that we might actually get to test methods using this product. In terms of HM timeline, this is lightning fast - not “5 years away.” It’s always been frustrating that Gho, Intercytex, and others apparently achieved some success but never an opportunity for the general public to try it out. At least we can now hopefully give this a shot, it may help in some degree for some of us.

» » Over a year ago, a forum member posted some information about a company
» » called Acell.
»
» Out of curiosity, I searched the forum and it was actually May of last
» year that I first posted about Acell:
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-1230.html#p1309
»
» So it’s been just over a year, and as far as I know it has only been from
» the interest generated on this forum that anyone considered the product for
» use in restoring hair. Whether or not it works, Willy and all the others
» who picked up this idea and ran with it should be commended. It’s very
» exciting that we might actually get to test methods using this product. In
» terms of HM timeline, this is lightning fast - not “5 years away.” It’s
» always been frustrating that Gho, Intercytex, and others apparently
» achieved some success but never an opportunity for the general public to
» try it out. At least we can now hopefully give this a shot, it may help in
» some degree for some of us.

Yup, and thats what Ive been griping about for years…getting the ball rolling and testing in vivo. A gazillion men would gladly allow a baldspot to be allowed as a test site for any promising methodology and would happily sign release forms for legal considerations. There is no reason for testing to be so slow for these things.

A real baldness indication would potentionally have half the men ON EARTH interested in it and willing to pay over a thousand US dollars apiece easily for the improvment in their quality of life. Baldness, for the immense monetary reward, should be on the medical front burner. They could make SO MUCH money off of it, they could underwrite research into tons of other areas.

» » Over a year ago, a forum member posted some information about a company
» » called Acell.
»
» Out of curiosity, I searched the forum and it was actually May of last
» year that I first posted about Acell:
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-1230.html#p1309
»
» So it’s been just over a year, and as far as I know it has only been from
» the interest generated on this forum that anyone considered the product for
» use in restoring hair. Whether or not it works, Willy and all the others
» who picked up this idea and ran with it should be commended. It’s very
» exciting that we might actually get to test methods using this product. In
» terms of HM timeline, this is lightning fast - not “5 years away.” It’s
» always been frustrating that Gho, Intercytex, and others apparently
» achieved some success but never an opportunity for the general public to
» try it out. At least we can now hopefully give this a shot, it may help in
» some degree for some of us.

Thanks Wesb! We would have never even known about Acell if it wasn’t for you. If this stuff works, the members of this forum owe you a huge debt of gratitude for helping to solve one the the major limiting factors in the HT industry today.

Take Care,
Bill

» » » Over a year ago, a forum member posted some information about a
» company
» » » called Acell.
» »
» » Out of curiosity, I searched the forum and it was actually May of last
» » year that I first posted about Acell:
» » http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-1230.html#p1309
» »
» » So it’s been just over a year, and as far as I know it has only been
» from
» » the interest generated on this forum that anyone considered the product
» for
» » use in restoring hair. Whether or not it works, Willy and all the
» others
» » who picked up this idea and ran with it should be commended. It’s very
» » exciting that we might actually get to test methods using this product.
» In
» » terms of HM timeline, this is lightning fast - not “5 years away.” It’s
» » always been frustrating that Gho, Intercytex, and others apparently
» » achieved some success but never an opportunity for the general public
» to
» » try it out. At least we can now hopefully give this a shot, it may help
» in
» » some degree for some of us.
»
»
»
» Yup, and thats what Ive been griping about for
» years…getting the ball rolling and testing in vivo. A
» gazillion men would gladly allow a baldspot to be allowed as a test site
» for any promising methodology and would happily sign release forms for
» legal considerations. There is no reason for testing to be so slow for
» these things.
»
» A real baldness indication would potentionally have half the men ON EARTH
» interested in it and willing to pay over a thousand US dollars apiece
» easily for the improvment in their quality of life. Baldness, for the
» immense monetary reward, should be on the medical front burner. They could
» make SO MUCH money off of it, they could underwrite research into tons of
» other areas.

That is exactly what the people at Acell said. They said that the cosmetic industry will help fund research for developing products for other areas of medicine.

Wily, Leonard, everyone,

I really appreciate everything you guys are doing regarding ACELL. I’ve been out for a while, so I didn’t see this post until now. It’s great that you guys are being pro-active w/ this. This, unlike Follica or ICX, is somewhere where we can actually make a difference. Please keep us posted regarding any responses from any HT doc’s.

Damn Hairsite, I thought you repaired that board problem , I just had my long post vanished :frowning:

Anyway Willy, I said do you want a french translation of your letter ? do you need something else ? just tell me , Im surely as excited as you do about Acell.

I’ve my doubts that it would work with abrasion, the scars need to be real deep so that damage reach the hair follicles cells.Even if it does I dont think that we will have significant results in a balding area…But this SH*T do surely has its chances in a scarred HT surgery donnor area.Lets pray to be right !

» Damn Hairsite, I thought you repaired that board problem , I just had my
» long post vanished :frowning:
»
»
» Anyway Willy, I said do you want a french translation of your letter ? do
» you need something else ? just tell me , Im surely as excited as you do
» about Acell.
»
» I’ve my doubts that it would work with abrasion, the scars need to be real
» deep so that damage reach the hair follicles cells.Even if it does I dont
» think that we will have significant results in a balding area…But this
» SH*T do surely has its chances in a scarred HT surgery donnor area.Lets
» pray to be right !

Thanks Amilcar,

I think the best thing to do would be for us to establish a standard e-mail and send it to as many HT doctors as possible. It would help if, once the standard e-mail is established, you would help to get the word out by sending it to as many HT doctors as possible.

Take Care,
Bill

Guys,

Here is a copy of the 2nd draft of the e-mail that I would like to send to as many HT doctors as possible. I think that we should all come up with one to send. Feel free to add suggestions / changes so we can come up with a finalized product to send. I would appreciate your help in developing the best e-mail to send to the doctors and also your help in sending the e-mail to as many doctors as possible. Once we have a finalized version, I will forward it to Acell to make sure that there is nothing in it that is out of line (before sending it to hair transplant doctors).

I am going to send the finalized version to Acell tomorrow (Monday 7/28/08) and start e-mailing doctors (if Acell has no issues with the e-mail) on Wednesday (7/30/08).

I will post the finalized version under a new thread on Wednesday.

P.S. Check the e-mail for spacing before you send it. When I copy and paste it to this site, it changed the spacing.

Thanks,
Bill

Dear Dr.(Doctor’s Name)

I am a prospective hair transplant patient currently researching all of the options available in the hair restoration market. I’ve been considering a transplant for several years and am amazed at the near perfect results that skilled surgeons such as you have been able to achieve. The only reason I have not proceeded with the surgery is the obvious limiting factor of available donor hair. Although several doctors in the field have incredible “artistic ability” in reproducing natural results, they are limited by the amount of donor hair that each patient has available. Due to this fact, HT doctors often times cannot truly provide the “full head of hair” that their patients desire. I believe that this is a reason why many people (myself included) choose not to have a hair transplant.

Recently, in researching hair restoration on a website called Hairsite, I’ve been informed of a company named Acell. This company has developed a product called an extracellular matrix that is amazing in it’s capabilities for regeneration. It has been used extensively in vet. medicine for wound care but has recently been released for human use. In previous cases (in vet medicine), the Acell material not only regenerated the skin tissue of a wounded animal but also REGENERATED THE HAIR in the wounded area. If this can be replicated in humans, it would solve the limiting factor of donor hair in regards to a hair transplant. That is, the doctor could perform a conventional hair transplant, apply the Acell extracellular matrix to the wound (rather than stitching it up) and allow the tissue AND HAIR to regenerate, thus providing a LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY. I have since had several conversations with Acell and they have informed me that they are confident that the extracellular matrix will be capable of doing this. If this does prove to be the case, hair transplant doctors will finally be able provide the full head of hair that their patients seek, thus opening a WHOLE NEW MARKET OF PROSPECTIVE PATIENTS.

The Acell extracellular matrix comes in a powder form as well as a sheet form. The powder form would most likely accomodate HT doctors performing a procedure utilizing FUE whereas the sheet form would be best for doctors performing strip surgery.

Here is a great video to watch (HUMAN USE):

What’s even more exciting is the fact that this product is already on the
market and shipments have been sent to a few progressive hair transplant doctors. I believe that there is a need for more skilled doctors to bridge the gap between this technology and the hair transplant community. I hope you will play a vital role in doing so.

Sincerely,
Your Name

» In previous cases (in
» vet medicine), the Acell material not only regenerated the skin tissue of a
» wounded animal but also REGENERATED THE HAIR in the wounded area. If this
» can be replicated in humans, it would solve the limiting factor of donor
» hair in regards to a hair transplant. That is, the doctor could perform a
» conventional hair transplant, apply the Acell extracellular matrix to the
» wound (rather than stitching it up) and allow the tissue AND HAIR to
» regenerate, thus providing a LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY.

Sorry for my poor English,i hope will be clear my little issue.

Maybe will be stupidly obvious but…

I only would to underline acell (IMHO) will be more feasible for FUE procedure than strip, so when you write "stitch " you should add somethings
to think immediately ALSO for fue.

Should be clear (obviously) in every minds (so also in HTD minds) it will be better try every approach …but because strip is “more common” for most HTD i would be assured that they 'll try it in very way.

I’m very sceptic about ,but we must try !

Cricket,

I made the changes…I hope that is what you meant.

» Cricket,
»
» I made the changes…I hope that is what you meant.

You work is OK and was ok also before my post.

It’s only a mail to spread the product ,so maybe there isn’t necessity to
be very deep in “techique”,you can decide well if add or not some fue ref :slight_smile:

But i think would be better be CLEAR from the first time.

Keep it simple and short is ok ; it’s important point the argue of new BIG MARKET .

It’s important give not some misunderstanding … it’s the first time we can try something !

Again ,thanks for you work… guys keep yours fingers crossed.

If you guys still think that it is too long, you could eliminate the first paragraph all together.

I’ll probably leave it in, but obviously, you can do what you want.