Dut dose vs Fin dose

I knew this answer but I forgot!

Anyone know if one single dose of 0.5mg of dut per week inhibits more serum dht and scalp dht than an every dose of 1mg of finasteride?

Anyone know the approx. numbers?

» I knew this answer but I forgot!
»
» Anyone know if one single dose of 0.5mg of dut per week inhibits more
» serum dht and scalp dht than an every dose of 1mg of finasteride?
»
» Anyone know the approx. numbers?

I think I found the answer in this chart. Dut 0.1 mg/day is better than Fin 2.5 mg/every day

Hi Mj2003,

I have read quite a few of your posts in regards to dutasteride and found them extremely informative so thanks a heap for the useful insight. I just wanted a bit of advice in regards to starting on dutasteride and your thoughts after your use of the product.

I am 24 and have thining/baldness begining at the vertex and crown. I also have it occuring at my temples with my right temple receding much faster than the left - is this common?

The regime i am currenlty on is;
Minox 5% 1ml twice per day
Finasteride 1mg/day
Hairmax laser comb 3 times per week for around 15-20 mins

I have been on this for a little over 8 months but have noticed the temples (mainly the right) receding further which is pissing me off. I have also noticed an overall increase in hair loss although it isnt as obvious over the remainder of the scalp.

Anyways, I was thinking of changing the finasteride to 0.5mg dutasteride.

What do you think? I have heard alot on the internet about this ‘brain fog’ stuff which is my main concern with this drug. My job is extremely technical so i cant really afford this side effect.

I would really like to hear your thoughts on my situation and any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

» Hi Mj2003,
»
» I have read quite a few of your posts in regards to dutasteride and found
» them extremely informative so thanks a heap for the useful insight. I just
» wanted a bit of advice in regards to starting on dutasteride and your
» thoughts after your use of the product.

Thanks, I’m glad it helped.

» I am 24 and have thining/baldness begining at the vertex and crown. I also
» have it occuring at my temples with my right temple receding much faster
» than the left - is this common?

Yes, that’s how it goes. One sides either begins to recede or thin out more than the next, and then the other side catches up. Very normal.

» The regime i am currenlty on is;
» Minox 5% 1ml twice per day
» Finasteride 1mg/day
» Hairmax laser comb 3 times per week for around 15-20 mins

» I have been on this for a little over 8 months but have noticed the
» temples (mainly the right) receding further which is pissing me off. I have
» also noticed an overall increase in hair loss although it isnt as obvious
» over the remainder of the scalp.

It’s very difficult to stop hairline from receding. Continue to use minoxidil throughout your hairline and temples.

» Anyways, I was thinking of changing the finasteride to 0.5mg dutasteride.
»
»
» What do you think? I have heard alot on the internet about this ‘brain
» fog’ stuff which is my main concern with this drug. My job is extremely
» technical so i cant really afford this side effect.

Knowing what I know now, I think I would go back and take finasteride/propecia instead rather than dutasteride. Not that I’ve experienced any side effects, but I think I may have likely achieved similar results with finasteride. But who knows, my dosing has been a roller coaster ride, and maybe in another year I’ll see better results. But I’d still take finasteride instead of dutasteride for 18 months, see the results, and then decide if dutasteride is right for me. I jumped the gun. I fear that 10 years from now when my body learns to tolerate dutasteride there will be no stronger alternative for me to turn to. However those taking finasteride for many yrs can always turn to dutasteride if a stronger drug is needed. See what I mean?

I think your regimen is fine but you’re not giving it enough time. Most people start noticing a difference at 12 months minimum. What I would definetly add to your regimen is nizoral shampoo 2% every other day. I couldn’t live without mine. It’s nothing short of an absolutely awsome shampoo. Immediate thickening, some regrowth, and an anti-inflammatory in helping fight against hair loss. Those 3, fin, minox, and nizoral will give you good results I’m sure. Just remember that we’re lucky if we halt the loss where it is, and any regrowth we get is a bonnus. I’m confident if you weren’t taking your meds right now your loss may be 10x worse. But you need to give it more time, atleast another 10 months.

I wouldn’t switch to dutasteride. It’s overrated and it’s a last resort option.

As far as the “brain fog” goes, I think it’s BS. It’s all in their head. The minute they forget their keys at home they say “omg, dutasteride is doing this to me. i’m forgeting everything!”. Bologny. Good luck bro.

» I would really like to hear your thoughts on my situation and any advice
» would be much appreciated.
»
» Thanks again

Thanks for that advice Mj… Your an absolute gun… I will stick with finasteride and il add the Nizoral to the regime for at least the next 6-8 months.

Your comments were definately reassuring…

Thanks again Mj and good luck with your quest also :slight_smile: