Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Duasteride, CPA

Hey

I decided to ask on this board because so few women take Fin/Duas.

I started a birth control pill with the anti androgen CPA in it 6 months ago. I noticed it was worsening by the month, this started about 3 months into it. Not shedding, just thinning…

I started finasteride 3 months ago with no sides at all, then switched to Duasteride a week before the 2 months mark. I started shedding about a week later. MY hair continues to thin by the month in the FRONTAL MIDDLE area of my part and also my partline. I am having more shed than normal but its not an alarming number…I maybe shed 150/day.

Should I quit the meds or stick to them? I hear a lot of people say stick to it for a year and others say quit.
Thx

Hi,
Finasteride/ dutasteride are not approved by FDA for treating hair loss in women.

Finasteride or dutasteride should be taken for at least 3 months to see good effects. If it does not work by 12 months no further treatment is likely to be of any help.

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.