Dr. Woods\'s patient, Michael, 2500 head FUE + 6000 BHT, video

If I were Michael I would buzz the hair to an inch or less. Since he has no strip scars to hide he could get away with that cut, it would give the appearance of more fullness, and it would actually be a very cool looking haircut, too.:wink:

During the last months a real Proffesional should concern his patiens about possible new developments before do something like this, of course for some doctors “Money First”.
It is not too long to have notices, good or bad we still don´t know, about new developments ( March 18th. ICX)

» During the last months a real Proffesional should concern his patiens about
» possible new developments before do something like this, of course for some
» doctors “Money First”.
» It is not too long to have notices, good or bad we still don´t know, about
» new developments ( March 18th. ICX)

I agree, putting chest hair on our head is not a real solution. I admire what you are trying to do but your time should be better spent on finding a real solution. Intercytex’s announcement is just weeks away, that’s what we should be looking forward to.

» » During the last months a real Proffesional should concern his patiens
» about
» » possible new developments before do something like this, of course for
» some
» » doctors “Money First”.
» » It is not too long to have notices, good or bad we still don´t know,
» about
» » new developments ( March 18th. ICX)
»
» I agree, putting chest hair on our head is not a real solution. I admire
» what you are trying to do but your time should be better spent on finding
» a real solution. Intercytex’s announcement is just weeks away, that’s
» what we should be looking forward to.

» » » During the last months a real Proffesional should concern his patiens
» » about
» » » possible new developments before do something like this, of course
» for
» » some
» » » doctors “Money First”.
» » » It is not too long to have notices, good or bad we still don´t know,
» » about
» » » new developments ( March 18th. ICX)
» »
» » I agree, putting chest hair on our head is not a real solution. I
» admire
» » what you are trying to do but your time should be better spent on
» finding
» » a real solution. Intercytex’s announcement is just weeks away, that’s
» » what we should be looking forward to.

Pretty good result for body hair, probably some more growth to come too.

The purpose of this was not to present a slick bald NW6/7 followed by a full head of hair. That is impossible, for now at least

We have seen enough smoke and mirrors deception.

Hairsite and I knew that there would be several negative comments. Some from honest posters, and others from shills and interest groups.

But I decided to put it up anyway and focused on the most unflattering angles.

There are people who look at this and believe it was a positive improvement and enhancement which may suit them.

Others will say it would look better to stay bald.

At least it has been presented with full disclosure. If anything, he looks better in person than he does on the video.

If one fiddles pictures and video with lighting, angle, background shades etc then it would look much thicker and it may draw praise from those who enjoy the fantasy. But it may be time to wake up.
And it is true of Michael and ALL HT patients, that from certain angles they look thicker, and looking straight down on the crown it is almost always much thinner.
That’s why unflattering angles are rarely shown.

Michael and those who matter believe he looks much better than slick bald. And I believe that to be true.

It is not a full head of hair. It couldn’t be.

But this presentation is unique in that wide coverage was attempted on a NW6/7 patient with limited body hair and the reality is presented here.
It was presented because cases such as this almost never are shown. It is as a reality check and for the benefit of those genuine people on the forum .

Dr Ray Woods

Dr. Woods, can you take a look at these pics from Dr. Arvind?
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-22704-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html

I am quite certain the way you feel about Dr. Arvind’s pics is the same way we feel about what you did for Michael. I am not trying to hurt your feelings but I think doctors need to hear this from us. Both you and Dr. Arvind posted pics today and the truth is that most of us feel that the patients in both cases looked far better BEFORE any work.

No smoke and mirrors here. But I guess, if someone wanted to argue that my hair isn’t like that of my younger years, before it all fell out…then I’d have to agree. But going from a NW6+ to my current state…it is possible to get the “full head of hair” results. Many will agree that if you take unflattering photos, hair or HT…a bad photo is a bad photo. We all have those…but the real proof is in meeting the person face to face and seeing for yourself what great RESULTS look like. H&W had client after client for me to see and judge from…and I’m better for it.

I disagree. Anyone who actually sees Michael has no doubt that he looks much better.

And the simple fact is people who like complaining or critisizng are likely to post far more often than others. Its the same everywhere.

Dr Ray Woods

I agree with Bobman. The truth is in the results…well kind of…

Nobody here thinks that it is possible to get all our hair back with an HT.

No way!!!

What people are looking for is a reasonable compromise between cost, easthetic result and discomfort (of any kind).

The easthetic result of an HT should always be the patient and Doctor’s number one priority.

Personally I would be ecstatic if I had hair like Bobman has right now. I know that in my case that would be impossible. Most hairloss sufferers won’t get results that look anything near Bobman’s results. He had a fantastic donor area, with exeptional hair characteristics and amazing scalp elasticity. Not to forget that he had to undergo 2 STRIP surgeries in order to look like this (who cares about scars when you get such amazing results?).

Need I say more?

The truth is that results in question are poor. No conspiracy theory here. Just poor easthetic results that’s all. Why oh why is it so difficult to admit it?

The patient might be happy, but sorry for saying this, I don’t give a damn! I judge what I see and what I see it’s not good.

In this instance Dr A has two excuses. The first one is that his results just hit the 5 months mark (the jury is still out on this one). Secondly, he charges considerably less than other doctors while basically achieving the same results.

Now, dear Dr woods, I would really like to know how much this guy has spent in order to have his HT done. Let’s get things in prospective here ok?

If a guy spends 20/25 or even 30.000 dollars to get something like this, something must be wrong, either with the patient, the doctor or the technology employed. Sometimes it’s a combination of the three.

With that amount of money one could have perfect teeth, or laser removal on his/her entire body or eye laser surgery, or rhinoplasty or…

All the above mentioned procedures cost considerably less and produce, in the vast majority of cases, Permanent Results!!!

The HT industry is overpriced and it is underperforming. That is a fact. here’s an unfluttering angle on the situation for you.

Bobman results should be the norm by now, not the exeption to the rule

I see you are kind of new here on the hairsite ht forum. I don’t know how long you been looking at ht’s or really how many you have seen in person? Bobmans are great results. Head hair. You have to compare this first and that all is what doctor Woods is saying apples to apples.This is mainly bh chest hair. I do not care who planted these grafts this is the best you are going to see using what is used on this particular patient. If you can find someone else on the net with the exact same to compare evenely then you have something to compare. So what you want Dr. Woods to say that he should of not operated on him? When the patient is happy? Again find another patient with the same charecteristics and we have something to talk about. Same goes with Dr. A’s patient. You guy’s all want to see full heads of hair and that leads to these type of posts.You want to find a patient with close donor charecteristics and level of balding say 4000 strip grafts and 4 thousand Fue grafts from the head? Then we have something to compare. That is the reality of ht’s.

This is an honest representation of what a transplant can achieve in high norwood cases without propecia or avodart.

If you dont like that result and you are destined to be nw6-nw7 then stay away from transplants because no matter what you will look like in your current balding state with a transplant thats what you will look like in the future.

Open your eyes if you think this result is somehow Dr.Woods fault and other doctors can perform miracles you are living in a fantasy world that will transform into hell one day.

Thank you Dr. Woods for what you are doing and for the fact that you dont change to keep up to date with the hype

Something to compare or close to it. Take a look at this thread. High norwood chest hair and head hair.

You see this is where Dr Woods falls down. He’s undoubtedly the originator of FUE, and his “Patient’s Rights” form is also admirable. But I’ve heard many people criticise his arrogance, and as far as I’m concerned that’s exactly what I’ve seen here.

I’ve been posting on this site since 2002 - please don’t accuse me of being a shill, or of being someone who likes complaining. When I see good work I praise it - any perfunctory search on my posts in the HT forum would show many “wow” comments on various Doctors work, both strip and FUE.

Also, don’t imply that I’m some 20 year old who thinks transplants are useless unless they make someone look like they have teenage hair. Again, a quick search of my posts will reveal many posts vigorously criticising certain well-known Doctors for their irresponsible graft placement.

In addition, I was also very careful to say that the patients’ feelings were paramount. However, please don’t try and tell me what I SHOULD see or what I should FEEL about this transplant. In my opinion, and that’s all it is, it looks unnatural (although thankfully nowhere near as bad as the Dr A HT on this page), and is NOT a cosmetic improvement on total baldness. The fact that the majority of posters have said the same thing, some even trying to “excuse” it by telling themselves that it must be a work in progress, should tell you something… although given the level of arrogance we’ve seen so far, I’m sure you’ll just assume some kind of conspiracy rather than accepting that while the survival of the grafts is a surgical success, the end result is not an aesthetically pleasing one - to many eyes, at least.

while the survival of the grafts is a surgical success, the end result is not an aesthetically pleasing one - to many eyes, at least.

Well said Dastardly.

Some of you guys never stop to amaze me. If you’re happy with this kind of results that’s fine by me. It’s all yours!

It is quite likely that I’ll have my first HT done this year. I have been thinking about this for years. If my Doc tells me to expect results similar to the one in question I’ll say thanks but no thanks.

What’s your problem? Can’t you see that this guy has paid a fortune to look pathetic? I/he should be grateful for this?

Man you are out of your mind!

Just read through the entire thread. At this point some like it some don’t. 50/50. You say you will have your first ht this year? Where are you on the balding scale? Do you have any pics to share. If you are no where near as bald as this guy and have good head donor. Why would you think you will get this outcome? Head hair rules allways. Good luck on your research. Are you going strip or Fue?

»
» It is quite likely that I’ll have my first HT done this year. I have been
» thinking about this for years. If my Doc tells me to expect results
» similar to the one in question I’ll say thanks but no thanks.

No doctor is going to tell you this will be the result. This is why you only see pictures that show the best of the best, representing less then 1/10 of 1% of hair transplant surgery.

» representing less then 1/10 of 1% of hair transplant surgery.

You have yet to prove this. And that figure is absurd.

» Just read through the entire thread. At this point some like it some
» don’t. 50/50. You say you will have your first ht this year? Where are
» you on the balding scale? Do you have any pics to share. If you are no
» where near as bald as this guy and have good head donor. Why would you
» think you will get this outcome? Head hair rules allways. Good luck on
» your research. Are you going strip or Fue?

hello Franklin,

Well where shall I start? First off, I’m a Norwood 6 with average donor density and fine hair. This is why I doubt my results will be outstanding.
I am mainly interested in having a decent hairline and the middle of the scalp done. I’ll leave the crown work for better days (in terms of technology or treatments available)

So far I got in contact with many different doctors. Unfortunately my hairloss is pretty extensive so I think I will go for Strip. Fue is a good alternative if you have time, money and more importantly a lesser degree of hairloss.

I don’t think that only 1% of HTs performed today is succesful. There are clinics that have an impressive body of work and have no problem in arranging live meetings with ex patients. Standards have gone up recently. Despite the fact that this industry remains an underperforming and overpriced one, there are some good signs on the Horizon.

If I had better density and thicker hair I would be less worried about the possible outcome. I think that if you have good hair characteristics and you go either to Bisanga, Hasson and Wong, Armani or Dr Arvind you’re bound to achieve very good results.

» You have yet to prove this. And that figure is absurd.

Are you trying to tell me you have access to more then 600-700 cases. I don’t believe it, but you are welcome to prove your case.

GENEVA, IL. - June 20, 2007. Approximately 225,800 hair restoration procedures were performed worldwide in 2006, up 34 percent from 2004, according to statistics released today from a recent member survey conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) - the world’s leading medical authority on hair loss and hair restoration.

This large increase in hair restoration procedures coincides with a significant jump in the total number of hair restoration patients worldwide - from 361,077 patients in 2004 to 645,281 patients in 2006.

“The tremendous growth in hair restoration can be attributed to the continual refinements in modern day hair transplants and proven medical therapies that produce natural-looking results that are virtually undetectable,” said Paul C. Cotterill, MD, president of the ISHRS. “Increased public awareness about hair restoration procedures and the range of treatment options now available to both men and women are driving this increased demand around the world.”