Dr. Woods - patient Cliff - NW6 - 3000 FUE - 6 months

» » I agree. I think the strip/FUE combo is the best for attacking your full
» » restoration.
»
» He is capabable of having the fullest restoration possible with FUE alone,
» and at the end of the day , have a buzz cut.
»
» Dr Ray Woods

Dr. Woods, there is always a debate about the numbers possible with FUE Vs strip. We have seen quite a lot of strip work using up 6000-7000 FUs (with “reasonable scars” ) from the likes of H&W but little if any FUE with those kind of numbers. What is your opinion regarding the possibilities of FUE Vs strip in regard to numbers rather than anything else. Thanks, Marco

There has also been a debate if large number cases are using much graft fractionation. Not pointing fingers… just what some folks think why there is a high number.

» There has also been a debate if large number cases are using much graft
» fractionation. Not pointing fingers… just what some folks think why
» there is a high number.

I think graft fractionation means counting the number of follicles within the unit ?

I go by the number of actual incisions made in the reciepient area.

Cliff had 3000 individual follicular unit insertions.

As he was a NW 6 and there was no hairline, when this was re created only follicular units consisting of 1 and 2 follicles were used.

Behind the hairline, 2 and 3 follicles per unit, and toward the crown, mainly triplets were inserted.

So Cliff had 3000 incisions, which was about 7,000 to 8,000 actual hair, most of which grew.

Can FUE generate more follicles than strip IN A GIVEN DONOR?

That depends upon who is doing it.

I can only speak for myself and give my own opinion here. And my answer is yes, absolutely.

Dr Ray Woods

I assume this guy has very thick calibre donor hairs - but regardless - this homerun has been smashed out of the stadium.

» I assume this guy has very thick calibre donor hairs - but regardless -
» this homerun has been smashed out of the stadium"

Yeah well, its very good growth for 300 but considering the realestate he has to cover he will need twice that for it to look natural in my opinion.
This still looks like a HT to me.
Nobody thins out like that naturally

Very good results, homerun !
Look at the guys donor bank. He has got over average thick hair, over average density. I am sure he could produce another 3000 grafts.