Dr. Woods: Hairyashell, 3000 BHT, 7 months (a re-post)

There is no question that his is an awsome body fue transplant.
Reality is that this is like 1 in a million in body fue transplants. If dr woods can show me numerous other patients of his with such results then I’m sold. But i doubt it. Has nothing to do with Dr Woods’ skills, no doubt he’s amongst the best and most respected, but its the yield with body hair transplants.

» There is no question that his is an awsome body fue transplant.
» Reality is that this is like 1 in a million in body fue transplants. If dr
» woods can show me numerous other patients of his with such results then
» I’m sold. But i doubt it. Has nothing to do with Dr Woods’ skills, no doubt
» he’s amongst the best and most respected, but its the yield with body hair
» transplants.

Maybe hes extremely hairy like his name suggests? Some people have hair on their bodies that are thicker and more “robust” then scalp hair. I have hair on my body that are thicker AND grow faster then my scalp hair, and if its true that more then 90% percent of BHT grafts grow, then such results arent miraculous, just reflective of the hair used. Remember most Caucasian men have body hair that are…pathetic at best.

» » There is no question that his is an awsome body fue transplant.
» » Reality is that this is like 1 in a million in body fue transplants. If
» dr
» » woods can show me numerous other patients of his with such results
» then
» » I’m sold. But i doubt it. Has nothing to do with Dr Woods’ skills, no
» doubt
» » he’s amongst the best and most respected, but its the yield with body
» hair
» » transplants.
»
»
» Maybe hes extremely hairy like his name suggests? Some people have hair on
» their bodies that are thicker and more “robust” then scalp hair. I have
» hair on my body that are thicker AND grow faster then my scalp hair, and if
» its true that more then 90% percent of BHT grafts grow, then such results
» arent miraculous, just reflective of the hair used. Remember most Caucasian
» men have body hair that are…pathetic at best.

Yes, as my name suggests, I’m pretty hairy. It’s like Dr. Woods is helping me in two departments… making me less hairy while simultaneously giving me more hair. :wink:

As far as miracles are concerned, when I attended his surgery for the first time, he let me see patients who didn’t mind showing me their body hair transplants. It was Dr. Woods who was insistent that I see body hair transplants as well as three patients who had regular hair transplants. I was definitely impressed. One had dark hair, although admittedly not as dark as mine and had amazing results. The light haired colored gentleman also had an amazing transformation although he was a work in progress.

As early as I can remember, my hair, including the hair all over my body, and my nails grow very rapidly. I do keep fit, don’t smoke, don’t drink, I never eat junk food and have always been on a somewhat high protein diet so I’m sure this helps.

Again, I’ll be posting my video… as soon as I can figure out how I do that again!

» » » There is no question that his is an awsome body fue transplant.
» » » Reality is that this is like 1 in a million in body fue transplants.
» If
» » dr
» » » woods can show me numerous other patients of his with such results
» » then
» » » I’m sold. But i doubt it. Has nothing to do with Dr Woods’ skills, no
» » doubt
» » » he’s amongst the best and most respected, but its the yield with body
» » hair
» » » transplants.
» »
» »
» » Maybe hes extremely hairy like his name suggests? Some people have hair
» on
» » their bodies that are thicker and more “robust” then scalp hair. I have
» » hair on my body that are thicker AND grow faster then my scalp hair, and
» if
» » its true that more then 90% percent of BHT grafts grow, then such
» results
» » arent miraculous, just reflective of the hair used. Remember most
» Caucasian
» » men have body hair that are…pathetic at best.
»
» Yes, as my name suggests, I’m pretty hairy. It’s like Dr. Woods is helping
» me in two departments… making me less hairy while simultaneously giving
» me more hair. :wink:
»
» As far as miracles are concerned, when I attended his surgery for the
» first time, he let me see patients who didn’t mind showing me their body
» hair transplants. It was Dr. Woods who was insistent that I see body hair
» transplants as well as three patients who had regular hair transplants. I
» was definitely impressed. One had dark hair, although admittedly not as
» dark as mine and had amazing results. The light haired colored gentleman
» also had an amazing transformation although he was a work in progress.
»
» As early as I can remember, my hair, including the hair all over my body,
» and my nails grow very rapidly. I do keep fit, don’t smoke, don’t drink, I
» never eat junk food and have always been on a somewhat high protein diet so
» I’m sure this helps.
»
» Again, I’ll be posting my video… as soon as I can figure out how I do
» that again!

Hi all,

It’s now two years later and I’ve had another four procedures. I am overwhelmingly happy with the result. Compared to all the other butchers, liars and overly priced so-called surgeons in this industry, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Woods. Again, before there are any suspicious of me working in cahoots with Dr. Woods, I’ll set the record straight now. I’m not getting a damn thing. Nor do I ask for anything. I don’t have to come on this site and talk about something that was incredibly personal and private to me but I’m doing so because I think people who have integrity and are outstanding at what they do deserve recognition and he deserves it. No other reason, no other anything. Now on with my story…

I won’t expound on what I already have so I’ll concentrate on the present. It’s remarkable to think that most of the hair on my head has come from my body. Chest hair, beard hair and believe it or not arm hair which is growing incredibly well, especially on the front hairline. Dr. Woods, as you know from my previous posts, is extremely picky when it comes to what follicles are candidates and where he wants to put them. I still have quite a bit of chest hair left but after Dr. Woods quickly examined my chest, he came to the conclusion that none of them were good enough. He moved on. He used the beard hair interspersed towards the back of my scalp. He said that because beard hair is so thick and grows so rapidly, it would look unnatural to have them too close to the front. The arm hair which is a lot softer, he put towards the front of my hairline. The results speak for themselves.

The procedure, was as it always is, very relaxing and Dr. Woods is very reassuring. I’m not going to say that I was completely free of pain. It wasn’t bad though. I still prefer this to a teeth cleaning. He goes out of his way to make sure that you’re comfortable. He under promises and over delivers.

I was astounded by the beard hair in that it stayed in from the get-go. Usually, there’s some shedding and regrowth occurs within three months. Not so with the beard hair. It was surprisingly stubborn which was very welcome for me. It just didn’t fall out and continued to grow rather quickly from the moment it was put in. I’ve never seen anything like it. The arm hair also grew and I would say that perhaps 25% of them shed and I noticed the regrowth in three months.
I’ve learned that the magic number is seven. By the seventh month, I start to see incredible changes. It’s very weird because it’s almost as though it happens all at once. By the ninth month, I’m simply astounded. This is a wonderful month because most of the hair has completely grown by this stage.

The only thing left for Dr. Woods to do now is to thicken up the crown area a little. This is something I’ve requested. I don’t know of any doctors in this business who do it all themselves and do a remarkable job. In the past, I went to these butchers who got nurses to put the graphs in my head. No offense to the nursing profession. They do an admirable job… they’re just not hair transplant surgeons. The result was atrocious.
Gone are the days when people would look up at my scalp like something weird was going on. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is to look someone in the eye and not see their eyes uncomfortably keep glancing at my hairline. Nowadays, nobody looks up.

He really is an artist as well as an incredible surgeon. I can’t thank him enough.

Seriously, I know it’s a long way to go to Australia, but it has been worth every single trip. I’m looking forward to going to visit just as a holiday.

This first video I took about about nine months after another 1000 grafts were put in. You’ll notice that the light changes. I did this deliberately so you can see I’m not cheating. I picked the brightest room possible to shoot the video. Most of it is natural bright sunlight. I then just used house lights.

The second video is eight months after the beard and arm hair. I live in a different place now so I went to the absolute brightest room as possible and then added another lamp to shine on the results. Also, because the hair is obviously thicker (though still thin) it’s harder to see scalp which is the whole purpose.

I’ll post another video of my most recent progress soon.
Hairy as hell. :slight_smile:

1535_file1.wmv 1535_file3.wmv

Congratulations on being released from the chains of a bad hair transplant. It must feel wonderful.

It’s good to see that Dr. Woods is embracing beard hairs too, it seems to be the consensus lately that this is one of the best donor.

I am going back next week for my final procedures. I agree that Dr. Woods is the man. My scalp has truly improved immensely. All of the grafts grew very well. The beard hair does grow the quickest. I too am planning on more beard grafts for the crown and some arm hair for the frontal hairline. It is true that if not for this doctor I would have been a basket case. With such great results I am going back for my last surgeries. I am 80% there and now want to finish the process. I am very glad also that I chose Dr. Woods because had I gone elsewhere I most likely would be ruined for good. I too am in no way being compensated nor do I want to be. I am speaking from experience since 1986 in this field. Be careful in whom you choose as your Doctor in this business- Most are not ethical. There are still many butchers in this field. Even with all of the new technology. There are no miracles but one very talented and dedicated doctor in Dr. Woods. I also agree he under promises not to get ones hopes too high but really over delivers. He truly is above this field/business. I can’t wait for my trip!

you maybe the inventor of FUE and BHT but your results are very unsatisfactory. And your pictures…you can not fool us with this kind of pictures anymore.

“I’ll post another video of my most recent progress soon.” Looks good so far at 7 months out Harry .

» you maybe the inventor of FUE and BHT but your results are very
» unsatisfactory. And your pictures…you can not fool us with this kind of
» pictures anymore.

Like most surgeons, some of his results are good some not so good. All in all IMO, They are pretty much average. IMO you are much better of going to Hasson & Wong. H&W results are consistently very good. Just My opinion.

This is all body hair? so it is not true that body hair does not grow long like scalp hair.

» This is all body hair? so it is not true that body hair does not grow long
» like scalp hair.

BMS: yes. It is all body hair. The majority came from my chest and the rest was beard and arm hair. I’m still a work in progress. It does grow pretty long, however I will add that it takes somewhat longer to grow to that length.

» you maybe the inventor of FUE and BHT but your results are very
» unsatisfactory. And your pictures…you can not fool us with this kind of
» pictures anymore.

Chip: What do you mean "I don’t fool you with those pictures?” I didn’t invent FUE. I’m not a doctor. Are you in denial that these results are real? They’re not pictures. They are videos; videos deliberately shot in the most unflattering light. Like I said, you can go to whichever butcher you want. I’m happy with my real and amazing doctor and with the results and nobody… not even one person has the slightest idea that I’ve had anything done.
Why would I be trying to fool anybody? The results speak for themselves. There’s no way I can fool anyone by holding the camera directly above my head, getting close-ups, and showing results in every light possible. It’s one thing to say that you’re not impressed with the results. That’s fine and understandable but to accuse me of trying to fool you with videos? They are, whether you want to believe it or not, most definitely 100% real, shot with my Sony camcorder on my own.
The only reason I’ve done this is to save other men from the butchers in the HT industry. I’ve been there.

I’m writing this five days after my sixth head transplant procedure by Dr. Ray Woods in Sydney, Australia.

As most of you know, I’ve been extremely happy with the results. I highly recommend Dr. Woods to anyone considering having a hair transplant.

My previous procedure involved arm hair and beard hair being transplanted to my scalp with the beard hair being placed towards the back and the softer arm hair towards the front. This last procedure was in 2008 and the results were very, very good and much better than what I anticipated. I would say that 85% to 90% of the hair took and grew wonderfully.

Last year, because of work commitments and because I thought it would be a good idea to just give my scalp a rest, I didn’t have any procedures done. This year, I decided to travel to Australia again to fill in the crown with arm hair.

As usual, Dr. Woods was very personable, kind, generous and very supportive. I’ve mentioned before that it’s almost humorous that he takes on a paternal nature every time I go through one of these procedures.

Like always, he scrutinized every hair on my arm making sure to extract only the follicles he thought were satisfactory and that would result in good and healthy growth. It was a meticulously long process.

He told me quite proudly that I was part of a world first because he set up the microscopic camera upon my arm so that I could actually watch the extractions.

As usual, he would count every one.

His patience astounds me. In the past, the butchers who depleted my hair donor sites and scarred my scalp had other people doing the work.

Dr. Woods did everything himself. No nurses, no “team” of so-called professionals getting involved with the procedure and doing the actual work. From beginning to end, Dr. Woods did everything.

If he tells you you’re going to have 500 grafts, believe me when I tell you that you’re going to have 500 grafts. You see everything taking place right in front of you magnified on two screens.
I wonder how many other doctors in the hair transplant industry would actually allow the patient to watch up close and personal the entire procedure and count the follicles while doing so. Sometimes, he would magnify the view even more to show me some really healthy follicles. He’d also show me others that did not take or ones where the bulbs were not healthy enough.
I was fascinated watching the procedure.

The extraction of hair follicles from my arm took quite a while; 4 1/2 hours actually. He told me that it takes a lot more precision, difficulty and patience when it comes to arm hair.

We then took a break for lunch.

It was then time to place the follicles into the crown of my scalp. This took about 3 1/2 hours. Again, he let me watch the entire procedure on the big wide plasma screen. I also got to watch a movie at the same time.

Right now, I’m resting and haven’t run into any problems whatsoever. The red dots on my arm are already beginning to close up and heal. I have a little bit of swelling in the forehead but it’s very minor and that also is going away.

In nine months time, I will post a video of the results.

As always, it’s worth it to me to come this far because after everything I’ve been through, I refuse to have anybody go anywhere near my scalp except Dr. Woods. I won’t go on about all the hell I endured so if you’re new to this site or are unfamiliar with my history, please refer to my earlier posts.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer all your questions.

Hi,

Im new to this site so i wonder how Dr woods compares to Dr Umar in terms of BHT…or Dr Cole for thet matter
Whats their respective survival of grafts rate with bht %?

im in australia and im tossing between 2 of them, they both showed some impresive results with bht…

cheers…
moopookoo:)