Dr. Woods - George 1100 FUE video

There are a lot of new posters lately. In case you haven’t seen this before, this is one of Dr. woods’ patients from 1999. He received 1100 grafts FUE.

1_file3.flv

Dr. Woods is the inventor of FUE and BHT (body hair transplant). For more patient results, www.thewoodstechnique.com

Only 1100 grafts? Impossible.

» Only 1100 grafts? Impossible.

This is very old. I agree it is impossible to cover that much ground with only 1100 grafts. Something is not right.

Hold on a second. I too when first seen this looked impossible to cover with this many grafts. But after being in Australia back in 2003 and asking to look at patients profile and video of this and the date of surgery with graft count it is legit. This guy has extreme donor charecteristics on the high end of hair caliber. You can also ask David here to verify as we were both at a couple of seminars years ago and asked about this patient.

» » Only 1100 grafts? Impossible.
»
» This is very old. I agree it is impossible to cover that much ground with
» only 1100 grafts. Something is not right.

Yes, George is from 1999. We only had access to still images back then. Now we have the video.

A lot depends on the patient’s hair characteristics, skin tone, and the extent of hair loss. Equally important is the artistic skills of the doctor. The goal is NOT to replace graft for graft, but to create the illusion of density.

That being said, George is an exception rather than the norm. I don’t want people to feel that they can all get this kind of results with 1100 grafts.

I think you are right when you said this is an exception rather than the norm. I went to Dr. Woods website and this is the only patient in his gallery who had this kind of density after only 1100 grafts.

» I think you are right when you said this is an exception rather than the
» norm. I went to Dr. Woods website and this is the only patient in his
» gallery who had this kind of density after only 1100 grafts.

It’s misleading putting his pictures out. It makes newbies think that all they need is 1100 grafts. It almost never happens in real life.

I have no doubt that it is genuine, but the guy must have ‘miracle’ hair like steel cable. I think Dr Woods does very fine work but I have never seen a repeat result of the ‘George’ HT in all the time I have been researching HT’s.

» I have no doubt that it is genuine, but the guy must have ‘miracle’ hair
» like steel cable. I think Dr Woods does very fine work but I have never
» seen a repeat result of the ‘George’ HT in all the time I have been
» researching HT’s.

It is excellent work for only 1100 grafts. I never have any doubts that this is genuine. The only problem is that it makes you wonder why he only had 1 result like this all these years. Meanwhile Hasson and Wong have been able to churn out equally amazing before and after one after another.

» It is excellent work for only 1100 grafts. I never have any doubts that
» this is genuine. The only problem is that it makes you wonder why he only
» had 1 result like this all these years. Meanwhile Hasson and Wong have
» been able to churn out equally amazing before and after one after another.

The results are there. All you need to do is look. But I only use the forum to basically make a few comments, and post occassional results.

I think the forum is here for people to talk about doctors, to get a true idea from others and share opinions.

Although posting results is important, dominating a site with carefully selected propaganda advertising and friendly advocates or “shills” can confuse people and give false impressions.

I have not bombarded this site, or any other in a desperate attempt to get as many people in the chair per day as I can. I believe that approach is more for the businessman, and not a doctor.
If people want to see more, they can go to my website.

Back in 1989, I realised that the easiest thing in the world is to get impressive before and after stills. But a slight angle change, comb back or mild breeze can change things dramatically.
Thats why years ago I pushed video, with full combing back etc

Dr Ray Woods

Meanwhile Hasson and Wong have been able to churn out equally amazing before and after one after another.

Hasson & Wong do put out amazing results, but only if the hair characteristics are right and they use a lot of grafts (it is not a magic show).

‘Amazing’ results tend to mean the guy has to have 7,000+ grafts available to be removed with great laxity or very thick calibre hair.

With less grafts it is also ‘horses for courses’, some people think a thick front and nothing behind is fine, I think a dense front only just emphasises the ‘whacking great bald patch’ at the back.

That is the main downside with Strip (not having a go at H&W here - they are a class act), if you do not have enough for good coverage you cannot cut it really short because the scar is likely to show. So in my view with Strip you go ‘big’ (as in as many grafts as possible), and if you cannot go big in my view you do not go at all.

» Meanwhile Hasson and Wong have been able to churn out equally amazing
» before and after one after another.

»
» Hasson & Wong do put out amazing results, but only if the hair
» characteristics are right and they use a lot of grafts (it is not a magic
» show).
»
» ‘Amazing’ results tend to mean the guy has to have 7,000+ grafts available
» to be removed with great laxity or very thick calibre hair.
»
» With less grafts it is also ‘horses for courses’, some people think a
» thick front and nothing behind is fine, I think a dense front only just
» emphasises the ‘whacking great bald patch’ at the back.
»
» That is the main downside with Strip (not having a go at H&W here - they
» are a class act), if you do not have enough for good coverage you cannot
» cut it really short because the scar is likely to show. So in my view with
» Strip you go ‘big’ (as in as many grafts as possible), and if you cannot go
» big in my view you do not go at all.

H&W puts their patients on dutasteride, on good responders that alone can give more impressive results than any transplant.They also take unbelievably large strips out of a person in order to get large graft counts.Their strips exceed up well into the limits of a nw6 and well with in the nw7 area.If dut stops working or the patient decides to stop the drug because of sides he is into an unfortunate future…

The demand and supplu issue is the biggest problem of hair transplantation today.Some doctors fight it with drugs, large strips e.t.c. others with BHT.Until we have a real solution hair transplants are very risky for high norwoods.

There is no magic show for sure everything a good transplant doctor does another can do it too, the difference is how much is he willing to risk the health of the patient by giving him unapproved drugs or experimenting on his head with BHT procedures.

Dear Dr Woods,

Let’s get it out in the open ok? You think that Hasson and Wong are dominating this forum and giving false hopes to posters. Yes or no?

I do agree that they tend to post their best results on this board. However it is also true that they have an impressive number of patients that are very happy with the results they achieved. They make extensive use of high definition videos where patients are filmed under direct sunlight or fluorescent light.

The fact is, Dr Woods, that it is very difficult to find complaints about this clinic. Yes they will give you a scar for the rest of your life. But all things considered when you produce such drastic changes in somebody’s appearance it becomes a small price to pay. Especially in view of the drastic changes that are happening in the hair restoration/ multiplication industry.

When I talk about outstanding results I don’t mean one or two but at least 70/80 patients that achieved a substancial improvement in they way they look. Now, we can argue all we want about non invasive procedures like FUE but at the end of the day it’s the result that counts.

I have seen your website. You certainly are a very good doctor that pioneered and invented new extraction techniques. I respect you for that.

The point is, I don’t like the vast majority of the results I’ve seen from your website. I am being brutally honest here I know. Why ? well because for the price you charge I don’t see a significant change in the general appearence of your patients.

Maybe you are just very conservative in the way you approach hair restoration … I don’t know… It’s just that when a person decides to spend 15/20/25000 dollars or more on a operation, He/She has every right to expect a tangible improvement.

Regards

you want results like H&W from Woods?Put every patient on dut and strip them a huge strip of skin that comes out in two pieces because its so huge.Voila you will have H&W results!!!

What do you think H&W is the magicians of the industry?wise up i am not a fan of mediocre results but its very easy to see the price that people pay for better than mediocre results.

H&W is very good in what they do but from my understanding some doctors do not want to risk the health of their patients by offering dut to them.Have you seen before and after pictures on dut responders?lol you dont even need a transplant if you respond to dut.I had amazing success with prop but had to quit it due to sides, what if these people have to quit?Can they?or they might end up nw7 and their huge strip scar will start to show?How good will their result be after that?Since you refer to Woods how many of these patients that you see there are on any drugs?Almost none

Smarten up people or else you deserve to be victims…

P.S. regarding the price that you refer to i agree nobody should pay that amount of money for mediocre results.But if you keep it real that is the results that you can expect from HT…all the rest is dut and huge strips from rare cases.These doctors are supposed to be booked months before, they perform 2 transplants every day and yet they show us 15-20 results per year and some times they just show us the same people again and again.

TheGreek,

Fact is, less than 1% of all our patients are on Dutasteride. To say that our results is due to the use of this medication is assumptive, misleading and just plain wrong. Most of our patients ARE on Propecia or Proscar because we would rather have the patient have the best chance of moving on without the “need” for more surgeries due to continued loss. The “want” for more surgery is something that we cannot control. And no, most of our results are not because of Propecia or Proscar either. Most patients nowadays are educated enough to have been on the medication before they walk through our doors while a few start the day after surgery.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

» Dear Dr Woods,
»
» Let’s get it out in the open ok? You think that Hasson and Wong are
» dominating this forum and giving false hopes to posters. Yes or no?
»
» I do agree that they tend to post their best results on this board.
» However it is also true that they have an impressive number of patients
» that are very happy with the results they achieved. They make extensive
» use of high definition videos where patients are filmed under direct
» sunlight or fluorescent light.
»
»
» The fact is, Dr Woods, that it is very difficult to find complaints about
» this clinic. Yes they will give you a scar for the rest of your life. But
» all things considered when you produce such drastic changes in somebody’s
» appearance it becomes a small price to pay. Especially in view of the
» drastic changes that are happening in the hair restoration/ multiplication
» industry.
»
» When I talk about outstanding results I don’t mean one or two but at least
» 70/80 patients that achieved a substancial improvement in they way they
» look. Now, we can argue all we want about non invasive procedures like FUE
» but at the end of the day it’s the result that counts.
»
» I have seen your website. You certainly are a very good doctor that
» pioneered and invented new extraction techniques. I respect you for that.
»
» The point is, I don’t like the vast majority of the results I’ve seen from
» your website. I am being brutally honest here I know. Why ? well because
» for the price you charge I don’t see a significant change in the general
» appearence of your patients.
»
» Maybe you are just very conservative in the way you approach hair
» restoration … I don’t know… It’s just that when a person decides to
» spend 15/20/25000 dollars or more on a operation, He/She has every right
» to expect a tangible improvement.
»
» Regards

Piper, I used to feel the same way you do. But there is no right or wrong ans here. It is unfair to say there is no tangible improvement in Dr. Woods results. I see tangible improvement in all of Dr. Woods’ results especially his repair patients, it’s just not the kind of improvement you want for yourself. I am sure there is demand for the more mature hairlines. A teenage hairline is good to look at but it doesn’t work for everyone.

» » It is excellent work for only 1100 grafts. I never have any doubts that
» » this is genuine. The only problem is that it makes you wonder why he
» only
» » had 1 result like this all these years. Meanwhile Hasson and Wong have
» » been able to churn out equally amazing before and after one after
» another.
»
» The results are there. All you need to do is look. But I only use the
» forum to basically make a few comments, and post occassional results.
»
» I think the forum is here for people to talk about doctors, to get a true
» idea from others and share opinions.
»
» Although posting results is important, dominating a site with carefully
» selected propaganda advertising and friendly advocates or “shills” can
» confuse people and give false impressions.
»
» I have not bombarded this site, or any other in a desperate attempt to get
» as many people in the chair per day as I can. I believe that approach is
» more for the businessman, and not a doctor.
» If people want to see more, they can go to my website.
»
» Back in 1989, I realised that the easiest thing in the world is to get
» impressive before and after stills. But a slight angle change, comb back
» or mild breeze can change things dramatically.
» Thats why years ago I pushed video, with full combing back etc
»
» Dr Ray Woods

Dr. Woods, with all due respect, posting results regularly is very important. I don’t understand why you tried to downplay that. You said the forum is for people to talk about doctors. I agree, but what’s there to talk about if we don’t have results in front of our eyes?

»
» Dr. Woods, with all due respect, posting results regularly is very
» important. I don’t understand why you tried to downplay that. You said the
» forum is for people to talk about doctors. I agree, but what’s there to
» talk about if we don’t have results in front of our eyes?

I agree. Posting results is very imortant. But there is a line separating showing results, and using the forum as a self promotion advertising vehicle.

Even the worst doctor in the history of hair transplantation has brilliant before and after shots in his catelog.

You , as consumers, should be more focused on the “real” results, and even the bad results, coming from a clinic, and not so much on the carefully selected good ones.

But when doctors and their people dominate a forum, that crucial information is suppressed. And that is a fact.

By the way, My website shows reality . Not glossed over BS because I do not require anyone to sign disclaimers and waivers, which in effect are “gag” orders, ensuring bad results are never publicised.

IF A DOCTOR GETS IT WRONG , YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW WRONG IT CAN GET, BECAUSE IT COULD BE YOU

Dr Ray Woods

georges transplant was one of the very best results any of us (even guys who have looked for years) have ever seen.

He had a good head shape and donor charcteristics-----a terrific candidate for ht. Im happy for him.

» There are a lot of new posters lately. In case you haven’t seen this
» before, this is one of Dr. woods’ patients from 1999. He received 1100
» grafts FUE.
»
» 1_file3.flv
»
» Dr. Woods is the inventor of FUE and BHT (body hair transplant). For more
» patient results, www.thewoodstechnique.com