Dr. Wong/5129 Grafts/One Session/One Year /Strip

This local patient represents a pattern of loss that is not documented in the Norwood Hamilton hair loss chart yet is fairly common with individuals from the Middle East, parts of the Mediterranean as well as the Indian subcontinent. This pattern of loss can be as severe as a NW5A or NW6 yet much of the original juvenile hairline will remain throughout most of the patient’s life.

The particular patient is in his late forties and has been on Propecia for a number of years. His overall pattern, minus the still strong hairline, is somewhere around a NW5 diffuse. Dr. Wong shaved the entirety of the patient’s recipient scalp so he could see between the existing hairs and match the angle and direction of the transplant hair with the native hair still present. Dr. Wong and his team transplanted 5129 grafts in one session. The goal was to fill in the areas of thinning behind the still strong hairline so that a more even amount of coverage could be achieved. The crown as well was addressed with an enhanced whorl by Dr. Wong.

5129 Grafts
Singles…620
Doubles…3218
3/4…1219

The crown is top notch, thumbs up :ok:

» The crown is top notch, thumbs up :ok:

I think I have seen another one like this before, also done by Dr. Wong, you can almost tell that this is his signature crown work by looking at the swirl, almost identical to the other thread.

» » The crown is top notch, thumbs up :ok:
»
» I think I have seen another one like this before, also done by Dr. Wong,
» you can almost tell that this is his signature crown work by looking at the
» swirl, almost identical to the other thread.

Glad you guys like it. Here is the video. I forgot to post it up earlier.

Dr. Wong HD Video/5129 Grafts/One Session/Strip

isn’t the swirl a little too low on the head. it should be a little higher up.

also i hate strip transplants.

it should be banned.

only FUEs.

» isn’t the swirl a little too low on the head. it should be a little higher
» up.

No, the swirl isn’t too low because that is where God put it. Dr. Wong simple reinforced it. You did see the before pics, did you not?

» also i hate strip transplants.
»
» it should be banned.
»
» only FUEs.

Umm, sure. Thanks for sharing.

Lets see all the donor areas of these strip clients. I hate strip too!! Outdated and crude surgery = Strip! Only production line clinics use this type of surgery. FUE’s take longer, require more time so there is less money for the doctor and sales rep at the end of the day. Shave those donors down to see the reality of strip. It is not pretty.

» Lets see all the donor areas of these strip clients. I hate strip too!!
» Outdated and crude surgery = Strip! Only production line clinics use this
» type of surgery. FUE’s take longer, require more time so there is less
» money for the doctor and sales rep at the end of the day. Shave those
» donors down to see the reality of strip. It is not pretty.

H&W - “Hi Mr. Hair transplant patient. We are grateful that you took time out of your busy schedule to come to our office for a followup and we’re really glad you’re happy with your result. Now, we know you just paid enough for a compact car for this procedure but we’ve got a few guys on an internet forum that want you to shave your head and show your donor scar.”

Patient -"…??.."

H&W - " Well it would really mean a lot to them."

Patient -" Why?"

H&W - “Because they hate the procedure you went through.”

Patient -“Why?”

H&W - “Because they say that what you had done is outdated and crude”.

Patient - “I don’t get it. I’ve got my hair back. Why would I shave my head?”

H&W - “…??..”

Oddly enough you and I share a similar history. You had strip done from a less than reputable clinic roughly 20 years ago. I had two. Had I not been repaired by Dr. Wong I’d be singing your tune louder than you are. However, what you and I had almost 20 years ago is nothing like what this patient received so instead of labeling all strip as evil, why not focus your energies on clinics in general that lie and hack their patients? FYI, just because something is labeled as FUE does not make it less invasive much less better. Ask any and all FUE patients our there to shave their heads. Not all of them can and any clinic that tell you otherwise is lying, straight up.

Had you taken the time to actually look at this video, and the 100 plus other HD videos on our website, you’d see that each patient result also shows the donor area, up close, via comb through.

Oh, and btw. I’m on salary, not commission.

Its bad that you are trying to push strip transplants.

I’ve seen a guy who did a strip transplant that shaved his head. It was not pretty. Its a frightning zipper scar with stitches like a football running from ear to ear. It looked like he had been operated on by Dr. Frankenstein.

Please do not push strip transplants. They take away a bald man’s last refuge which is to shave it off.

You know it is wrong to be pushing this sh&t so even if you want to shill for Wong, please do so ethically. There are a lot of strip scar victims out there some of whom have gotten so depressed they’ve committed suicide.

» Its bad that you are trying to push strip transplants.
»
» I’ve seen a guy who did a strip transplant that shaved his head. It was
» not pretty. Its a frightning zipper scar with stitches like a football
» running from ear to ear. It looked like he had been operated on by Dr.
» Frankenstein.
»
» Please do not push strip transplants. They take away a bald man’s last
» refuge which is to shave it off.
»
» You know it is wrong to be pushing this sh&t so even if you want to shill
» for Wong, please do so ethically. There are a lot of strip scar victims
» out there some of whom have gotten so depressed they’ve committed suicide. ---------- Very very well spoken.

Shave it down and show the world what you are doing to their scalps!!! Any schmuck who knows this industry knows what Strip does. Get your surgeons to study FUE’s. They wont be able to be a production line clinic of course. But that is the direction to go in 2010. Of course you can’t shave their donor down like fue so I understand the cover up. Sales is the game!

» Shave it down and show the world what you are doing to their scalps!!! Any
» schmuck who knows this industry knows what Strip does. Get your surgeons
» to study FUE’s. They wont be able to be a production line clinic of
» course. But that is the direction to go in 2010. Of course you can’t
» shave their donor down like fue so I understand the cover up. Sales is the
» game!

Diamond! care to share your results of surgeries with dr.woods??

» »
»
» Diamond! care to share your results of surgeries with dr.woods?? Absolutely- You can see my in progress results in his site. More has come in and I will post ( If I can figure out how to on this site) photos in the next month. I would say there is a 80 to 90% improvement since I started. No visible scarring and I will show the donor site ( beard area completely shaved down) Like the zaydan & topcat repairs, I was one of the worst cases on the net. So when viewing people like us compare apples to apples. Here are a couple for now. I am the guy in the black tee shirt on the beach.

“Like the zaydan & topcat repairs, I was one of the worst cases on the net. So when viewing people like us compare apples to apples” That’s correct. Looks like your getting on with your life. Good for you. Looking forward to more of your pics in the near future.

» “Like the zaydan & topcat repairs, I was one of the worst cases on the net.
» So when viewing people like us compare apples to apples” That’s correct.
» Looks like your getting on with your life. Good for you. Looking forward to
» more of your pics in the near future.----------Absolutely correct. I would have chosen Dr. Woods again in a heartbeat. I will keep everyone posted. There will be no strip scar across my beard area either when I shave it down with a razor either. Try that with strip!

Strip surgery and FUE are very different surgeries. Both have advantages and both have disadvantages. Clinics like BHR and Rahal do both strip and FUE. These sites talk extensively about the issues both good and bad.

The point is that blanket criticism of strip just demonstrates a lack of research. Read the sites mentioned and then re-visit the issue.

H&W perform some of the best transplants and safely harvest a number of grafts that would be risky by FUE. It is not worth exploring why this is the case until posters have done their reading.

I have investigated the differences between FUE and strip over seven years and HT in general for twenty years. I would seriously consider a strip only transplant to start with and one clinic that would be in the top few would be H&W. BTW, I do not work for H&W (but I wouldn’t mind a good discount :slight_smile: )

If both are done properly I would still take FUE. Strip has been around since the late 80’s. You can never shave down even a properly done strip but FUE you can. If FUE is done incorrectly then it can look moth eaten. Still FUE requires more time. BTW why don’t all doctors perform all aspects of the surgery? Why use techs? I would never want a tech- I want the Doctor to do everything. Of course this would mean only 1 surgery a day thus cutting down on paychecks but at least my doctor does this. NO Techs for Dr. Woods. All doctors should follow this process for then & only then is the Doctor responsible for all aspects of the surgery- Dissecting, Placement & proper placement. That is what I think all Doctors should do. Why would any patient want a tech VS. A Doctor? I sure wouldn’t.

» I have investigated the differences between FUE and strip over seven years
» and HT in general for twenty years. I would seriously consider a strip only
» transplant to start with and one clinic that would be in the top few would
» be H&W. BTW, I do not work for H&W (but I wouldn’t mind a good discount :slight_smile:
» )

To start with a strip only transplant? Are you saying to start with strip first and then do fue later? but then the reason to do fue is to avoid the scar so that doesn’t make a lot of sense either, please clarify.

I have had both done so I can also speak from experience. I have also worked in the hair replacement industry for 5 years. I have seen not only strip but punch graft, scalp reductions and flaps. I do not need to read- I have seen actual results. No way on strip not now or ever! Totally Obsolete. I would rather do nothing vs strip. AS I said I speak from experience. I have seen so many bad strips that many had to resort to Wigs and hairpieces. Ever seen a man with a so called good strip & 4 years later with more hair loss around the so called “Safe zone” . I have seen it. Ever see a Juri- Flap & the disfigurement with it ? I have. Also stretchback is major problem even with tryco closure with strip. As for anything written, it is only the opinion of the writer. Remember NO Guarantees! Now go ahead and criticize me for whatever. I know this industry very very well. I have been involved in it since 1986. How about You?

» I have had both done so I can also speak from experience. I have also
» worked in the hair replacement industry for 5 years. I have seen not only
» strip but punch graft, scalp reductions and flaps. I do not need to read-
» I have seen actual results. No way on strip not now or ever! Totally
» Obsolete. I would rather do nothing vs strip. AS I said I speak from
» experience. I have seen so many bad strips that many had to resort to Wigs
» and hairpieces. Ever seen a man with a so called good strip & 4 years later
» with more hair loss around the so called “Safe zone” . I have seen it.
» Ever see a Juri- Flap & the disfigurement with it ? I have. Also
» stretchback is major problem even with tryco closure with strip. As for
» anything written, it is only the opinion of the writer. Remember NO
» Guarantees! Now go ahead and criticize me for whatever. I know this
» industry very very well. I have been involved in it since 1986. How about
» You?

As a patient? Since 1992. As a professional? Since 2003. But wait a minute. You worked in the industry since 1986? Doing what and with what clinic?