Dr. Wong 2215 Grafts/ FUT/ Immediate Post Op Photos

This patient in his 30’s came from Los Angeles to have Dr. Wong restore his hairline and temples. 2215 grafts were used, 1248 singles, 967 doubles. The strip was 11 cm long by 1.5 cm wide he was already on Finasteride.

These photos were taken immediately post-op and show the hairline and temple design along with angle and direction control of the grafts. Note that the photos with the proposed area to transplant were drawn at the pre-op consultation the day before and were included here as a reference point. They fairly accurately depict the proposed game plan. The actual design was redrawn on the morning of surgery in a very similar proximately to the lines shown here.

I’m sure it will be a big improvement. I question, though, the design of the temples. I understand that design is subjective, however, it seems to me that creating more of a “block” of hair at the upper temples, and then angling it backwards to the sideburns would produce a more aesthetically pleasing result. In other words, the initial line of the temple would be straight up and down. Here, the design seems to accentuate a receding hairline by angling the temples forward and then backwards again to the temples, creating a more acute point. I would love to hear comments about this as it is an issue I will be facing when I finally take the leap. Thanks.