Dr. Umar - Praying 5 mo update - 3000 BHT (pubic, chest)

Update.

Dr. Umar’s patient - Praying.

5 months ago he had ~3000 BHT grafts (Pubic, chest) to expand his temples.

Here is a previous thread on him:

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=52603&mode=full

BEFORE - left

BEFORE - right

IMMEDIATELY POST OP - right

IMMEDIATELY POST OP - left

5 MONTHS before and after - Hairpiece lifted - LEFT

5 MONTHS before and after - Hairpiece lifted - LEFT

5 MONTHS before and after - Hairpiece lifted - RIGHT

5 MONTHS before and after - Hairpiece lifted - RIGHT

RIGHT side - 5 months, hairpiece lifted

RIGHT side oblique - 5 months, hairpiece lifted

LEFT side - 5 months, hairpiece lifted

LEFT side oblique - 5 months, hairpiece lifted

I cannot imagine a guy with this extent of hair loss being a candidate for surgery, but this is not scalp grafts we are talking about

then again since this is body hair, i guess the guy may actually have enough grafts available , he sure has none on the scalp to give

The work done here is necessary for his piece to look normal.

» The work done here is necessary for his piece to look normal.

ah hmmmm ht for a piece to look normal
whatever it takes

it looks like good work and a lot of growth, thumps up for me.

It’s very natural, I cant tell this is body hair. I also like how he design the area. Can we see how he is going to incorporate this new hair on the sides with his hairpiece? I used to wear one and I cant understand how he does it. It must be a very large hairpiece.

» It’s very natural, I cant tell this is body hair. I also like how he design
» the area. Can we see how he is going to incorporate this new hair on the
» sides with his hairpiece? I used to wear one and I cant understand how he
» does it. It must be a very large hairpiece.

sorry but his hair is so thin, i dont want to be negative buy why not just shave it and get it over with

no piece could possibly match the thin side hair, it must look a bit out of place and very obvious the piece

Once again, good growth from Dr. U.

IMO, this gentleman should now “frame the face” with a conservative, well shaped hairline and buzz it all down.

Then add hair in back and on top after experiencing more growth in front.

Red heads usually need less coverage.

Finally, lose the piece.
The stubble look is very popular.

Just my opinion.

Kudos doc.

Wow! I have never seen a guy with this extreme of hair loss attempt a transplant - it is verging on Alopecia Totalis. IMO, he should just shave it and move on. Nonetheless, it is a very natural job done by Dr. Umar.

I wish hairpecies were more accepted. I mean, its just like clothes (they arent natural but no one complains) except for your head. Some people without hair are able to express themselves with a peice. I mean, its almost like a kind of creativity or self-expression at work there. It sucks that they’re such a joke and so laughable. I’d like to see more pics of people with their hair systems/peices/wigs on this site…

you say that now as you watch all the ads about those pieces and how immaculate they look. take it from me first hand that they are laughable to yourself. i had to humiliate myself and glue this thing on my head thinking that it would solve all my hairloss insecurities. then you humiliate yourself every 4 weeks when you have to go into one of those custome salons where they take your head off darth vadar style and cut the growing hair around it and scrape dead skin off your scalp.

do not for one second glamorize this in your mind. it is like being a slave. you are afraid to have others notice it, you are afraid in your mind and you are going to end up beholden to it.

trust me…

the only reason they become laughable to others is becaues they dont understand why you would hide it. to most others not going thru it they dont understand it and dont feel the pain of hairloss. but the pain of gluing something to your head makes it worse not better.

i do feel for those who have not flipped their wigs bc there is a daily burden wearing that thing around that you have NO idea about until you succumb to your worst insecurities and put one on. then all you do is wonder how you can take it off without having to answer all the questions.

dont do it

» you say that now as you watch all the ads about those pieces and how
» immaculate they look. take it from me first hand that they are laughable
» to yourself. i had to humiliate myself and glue this thing on my head
» thinking that it would solve all my hairloss insecurities. then you
» humiliate yourself every 4 weeks when you have to go into one of those
» custome salons where they take your head off darth vadar style and cut the
» growing hair around it and scrape dead skin off your scalp.
»
» do not for one second glamorize this in your mind. it is like being a
» slave. you are afraid to have others notice it, you are afraid in your
» mind and you are going to end up beholden to it.
»
» trust me…
»
» the only reason they become laughable to others is becaues they dont
» understand why you would hide it. to most others not going thru it they
» dont understand it and dont feel the pain of hairloss. but the pain of
» gluing something to your head makes it worse not better.
»
» i do feel for those who have not flipped their wigs bc there is a daily
» burden wearing that thing around that you have NO idea about until you
» succumb to your worst insecurities and put one on. then all you do is
» wonder how you can take it off without having to answer all the
» questions.
»
» dont do it

hairpieces are always detectable

they make the person a laughingstock

much better to be naturally bald or shave, what can someone say? hes bald? yup

but if you are pretending to have hair and everyone knows ur wearing a piece you are a joke
its like your pants are down and you dont know it and everyone is snickering

» hairpieces are always detectable
»
» they make the person a laughingstock
»
» much better to be naturally bald or shave, what can someone say? hes bald?
» yup
»
» but if you are pretending to have hair and everyone knows ur wearing a
» piece you are a joke
» its like your pants are down and you dont know it and everyone is
» snickering

Hanginh is harsh though he makes a good point…of course to each his own but sometimes hard words have alot of truth inside them.Sometimes our insecurities brings us in front of a greater problem than the one that created them…

a friend of mine says its laughable.

i think if its good and you have the right personality for it, its okay.

but for me its nothing aswell.

Fantastic job achieving all that you set out to do, and plenty more donor for the future!!! Congratulations!!!

Dr. U, you said that you felt that you might have worked out how to predict good growth from BHT. Have you or haven’t you. There have been so many BHT failures by many clinics including yours. Is a new dawn upon us???

» It’s very natural, I cant tell this is body hair. I also like how he design
» the area. Can we see how he is going to incorporate this new hair on the
» sides with his hairpiece? I used to wear one and I cant understand how he
» does it. It must be a very large hairpiece.

Look at the pics again. You can see him with the hairpiece on in one of the pics.

you know what? i did do it a while ago. used to wear one. And I agree with you and know how it feels. I know the pain and the looks and that it is laughable. so horrible. I woudn’t have felt so bad wearing it if we lived in a society that didn’t care or even applauded our sense of changing ourselves into something physically different. I really dont mean to sound like a hippie or whatever. I’m over the fake hair thing. It;s just that its this solution that seems to be so close (yet so far away) from solving hairloss problems. I know they’re a joke, but wish they werent.

On a separate note, one thing is that though he may think so, not all the giggles the wig-wearer hears are directed at him. The wig-wearer is a paranoid individual. EX: I heard some giggles the other day from a couple people that I’m sure were not directed at me. Had I been wearing a wig (like I did a few years ago), that’s the first thing I would have thought before running to the nearest bathroom to check my lace front or something.

» Fantastic job achieving all that you set out to do, and plenty more donor
» for the future!!! Congratulations!!!
»
» Dr. U, you said that you felt that you might have worked out how to
» predict good growth from BHT. Have you or haven’t you. There have been so
» many BHT failures by many clinics including yours. Is a new dawn upon
» us???

why were you focusing on only this part of your head, shouldnt you address the top first?